Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Frederick Fekkai-Worth the hype?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Is it? I am looking into the moisturizing one??
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the glossing in the past. I think FF has some nice products to offer. Sephora has some trial size sets.
ricebunny
5% products discount

Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've only used a sample size of the product (enough for 5 showers), and really liked the product. It smelled nice, and left my hair very conditioned - shiny, smooth, and soft. My husband even commented on the texture of my hair...makes you want to run your fingers through it.

I thought about purchasing it, but decided against it due to the price. My hair was already in pretty good condition, but I think the Fekkai shampoos/conditioners brought it up a notch. I can imagine it doing wonders for dry/damaged hair.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the glossing sham/cond.

I didn't like them (fine/color treated hair) They seemed to not penetrate and do the job...conditioner wasn't heavy enough. I need SERIOUS conditioner. I didn't notice any glossing effect, but my hair has a lot of tooth due to the lightening color treatments.

My bf (thick & untreated hair) thought these were the best shamp/cond he'd ever used.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Glossing Creme for a couple of years, and it's definitely a HG for me. I love it! I have long, wavy fine/med hair that's prone to frizz. The Glossing Creme eliminates the frizz and leaves my hair smooth, shiny, and silky. It's especially wonderful on damaged frizzy ends. It's often the only product I use besides shampoo and conditioner (which I highly recommend Trader Joe's Nourish line). I find that I don't even need hairspray to keep the hold after hotrollers when I use this.

The trick is in the application. I've tried applying it to wet hair a couple of times and did not like the result. Here's what I like: When hair is dry, rub a pea-size amount (too much and hair looks greasy) between palms. Gently run hands over hair, smoothing it over the bottom half of hair first, then lightly smooth it over all hair.

A little goes a long way. The travel size lasts me about six months. I once bought the full size bottle and had to throw it away at the half-way point because it lasted so long it went bad.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I had the Glossing Cream go bad too, and REALLY quickly. I never liked Fekkai stuff much -- it's not BAD stuff, but it is pricey, and I've never found it to be significantly better than other, less expensive brands.

That said, I love that almost everything comes in a trial size container -- that way you can dibble dabble without spending as much. Sephora also frequently offers samples of their shampoo/conditioner duos with purchase online.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
frozenstrawberrypie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:37 am      Reply with quote
The shea butter hair mask is great, leaves my hair smooth, silky and moisturized. But it's way too expensive
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this brand for several years, and tried almost every line. I like their products very much and will continue stay on them.
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I got a full sized bottle of the shampoo for color treated hair (the pink shampoo) for free at Saks a few weeks ago. You just had to bring in an empty or full shampoo container, and they swapped it for the full bottle of F. Fekai. All I can say is wow! It suds up really well, but most importantly made my hair so soft! It felt like a baby's hair. I didn't even need conditioner, which is a first for me. Usually my hair feels like straw after shampooing, and I need a conditioner to even get a comb thru it. Not with the F. Fekai! Awesome!!!!

5% products discount

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Only FF product I really like is the glossing cream.
iregal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Ive tried the shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair and didn't find it great, i went back to Kerastase. I did quite like the mask in the pink tub though but its expensive.
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried ALOT of Frederic Fekkai products and would say overall I am a huge fan, but here are the ones I think are noteworthy.

Conditioner: Shea Butter Moisturizing - LOVE IT I don't think I've FOUND a better conditioner for my long, thick hair that borders on dry at times. It makes my hair SO manageable, tangle free, shiny, smooth & smells lovely. To save money, I think you can skip the shea shampoo though. I buy the Back to Basics coconut mango rich moisture shampoo by Graham Webb to use with the conditioner & it's like $10 cheaper. I get my hair colored every 10 weeks or so and my hair stylist is always very impressed with how my hair color is retained and the overall status of my hair.

Styling Products: Sheer Hold Hairspray is by far my favorite hairspray. It holds all day, isn't sticky or stiff and doesn't have a lingering smell. I use the Brilliant Glossing Cream to smooth my ends after a blow out. I also like the Beach Waves spray which is fun to spray your hair, twist it up in a few small buns for a half hour or so and have tousled wavy hair for the day.

Treatments: The shea butter mask, color care rapid moisture & protein rx are all great treatment masks, definitely effective & quality products in their own ways.

I have tried the Brilliant glossing shampoo/cond line and Full Blown Volume line, but they don't moisturize enough for my hair type. Let me know if you have any specific questions!
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
That helps a ton b/c I have very thick coarse semi long hair. Thanks. I noticed target had two for one but you had to buy 2 shampoos or 2 conditioners. 2 conditioners for $23 makes the individual price more reasonable.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |