Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Has anyone tried the Korres silicone-free primer yet?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I've seen this around Sephora for quite some time, but I don't know if I want to take the plunge. The ingredient list sort of just looks like a typical moisturizer, so I'm not sure how good it would be at filling in my pores or covering up uneven skin texture from Retin-A use -- which is the main thing I'd want it for. And most silicone/primer-like products break me out, so I want to make sure it doesn't upset my skin.

Any reviews would be sooooo appreciated! Here is the Sephora link if that helps.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Looking at the ingredient list there isn't anything but good things for the skin:

Vitamin E: Protects the skin from internal and external aging.
Jojoba Oil: Moisturizes and carries vitamin E.
Edelweiss Extract: Soothes and provides a perfect primer formulation in place of silicone.

I have used a cucumber and edelweiss moisturizer in the past and loved it, I can no longer find it. I would venture a guess that the formulation is what makes it act as a primer? With 2 sizes available and the smaller being just $10 I would gamble on it as a trial size, if all else fails you could use it as a treatment under moisturizer. I am tempted to check it out!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I'll be adding it to my next Sephora order, I'm just waiting for a good bonus. Laughing But honestly, I don't know how high my expectations are from a silicone-free primer, ya know? Seems like the acne-causing silicone is also the gloriously pore-filling and wrinkle-smoothing key ingredient. But I shall report back if Korres proves me wrong!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Will be waiting to here! I love Korres mascara too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Awwwright, I put the little $10 tube on my Sephora order, so we'll see what comes of it. I hope it solves all my primer issues without breaking me out -- seems like too much to ask, but we'll see!

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz,
Hope it works well for you, it will be great if it turns out to do the trick! I am sure many with breakout prone skin will be thrilled if you can post a positive review! Very Happy
Best of luck
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Okay, so the (extremely tiny!) $10 tube finally arrived in my Sephora order, and I put it to the test. Essentially, this is, well, not as good as a siliconey primer, but not as skin-cruel either. It goes on smoothly, sort of like certain moisturizers, but it doesn't seem to actually moisturize much. Still, it didn't irritate my hyper-sensitive skin, and it didn't sting at all.

It doesn't do as good of a job as a really 'spackley' primer, like Laura Gellar or something, but it definitely does seem to help smooth things down. I was able to use a product (NARS Albatross highlighter) that previously settled in all the normally-invisible pores on my cheeks, and with the Korres on that doesn't happen.

However, my flakies from Retin-A and my larger more visible pore areas are definitely not smoothed over or camouflaged, like they would be with a silicone-y primer.

All in all, I'm not disappointed in the product, but I AM kinda mad at the price tag. There was a lot of air in the tube, and the $10 was about the same size as a travel toothpaste tube, if not a bit smaller!

saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Tried a sample before and didn't like it very much. A little bit dry for my skin.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |