Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I need you input on professional fake eyelashes!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Lately I have seen several people with fake eye lashes done at a salon. These are all young girls like in their 20's. I am middle aged and I was thinking about getting some fake eye lashes that I do not have to put on and take off everyday. I was also told that some salons put them on top of the eye lid and some flip the eye lid and glue them underneath for a natural look. I have very sensitive eyes and I was concerned about that. Could you please tell me your experience with professionally done fake eyelashes! Thanks!
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Wow... I didn't know they could they do that...

Have you worn lashes that you put on and take off before?

Have you had problems with those glues???

I'm so curious to see if anyone has done this...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
No, I have not ever worn any kind of fake eye lashes from a drugstore or beauty supply store! I feel like I would not be able to do a very good job of putting them on, and it looks kind of difficult.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I would want to know how easy they are to remove??? (can't really imagine what kind of glue allows them to stay on for any length of time. Or doesn't trash your real lashes.)

Only 'cause I have pretty decent lashes, I wouldn't actually bother... except for maybe to have some fun on a night out, or special event. Once you get the hang of it, they aren't that hard to put on... However,It's not easy right up front. Like anything else it takes practice... They are fairly cheap...

You can easily get used to the "feel" of these... I can't decided if they are easier than contacts. It seems that whenever I wear them, and it's been years since I've worn a pair... that it takes maybe an hour or 2 to quit noticing them...

You can even learn how to place them under your own lashes...but I wouldn't try that until putting them on top is super easy!

Have fun with it...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:33 am      Reply with quote
A few years ago I had lashes put on. They basically glue on individual lashes to your own and they fall out on their own over time.

With makeup application and removal, I think it lasted me 3 weeks...wouldn't do it again as I ended up being OCD about it and ended up slowly yanking them off!!
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I work with some women that flip the lid and glue them on from underneath. They look great but I would not recommend this at all for eye health and seriously doubt any opthamologist would as well.

I haven't worn false eyelashes in sometime. To me they were easy to apply but now I am working on growing my own lashes and using a mascara that is easy to remove that is easy on my natural lashes.
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I've heard of girls having that done. The fake eyelashes are glued on and would gradually fall out by themselves after about 3 weeks. But they don't all fall out at the same time. So you'll get kind of lopsided-looking eyes. Then if you are impatient and try to pull out the rest of them, you might end up pulling out your own eyelashes. Shock

Of course you have the option of going back to the salon to touch up. Just seems to me like an expensive "treatment" to keep up with.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am already obsessed about my skin and wrinkles I do not need to constantly worry about my eyelashes. It seems if these fake lashes do not come off at the same time then it would create a big problem. Those of you who use and have used fake lashes from a drugstore please tell me how difficult are they to take off!
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I found drugstore lashes (stripes) easy to take off. Just peel them off, and the glue comes off easily. You could also use eye makeup remove but that would shorten the lifespan of the lashes.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
The glue used to apply these "permanent" lashes is really harsh, any oil eventually loosens the glue. They are really hard on your natural lashes, and don't look great for a very long time at all. I have put them on for friends in the recent past, she had to remove them and have me apply them every 2 weeks. Her natural lashes ended up short and broken, I wouldn't recommend them at all. I know about having sensitive eyes and wouldn't tolerate the glue at all well, even if I would risk ruining my natural lashes! Which I would never do! I did learn the technique of applying in cosmetology school a long time ago, nothing new under the sun, this was popular 30 years ago! Final note most people I know end up pulling at them eventually as they are irritating and itchy.

IMHO
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:50 am      Reply with quote
i have just bought a DIY kit for $10 of individual lash extentions that are supposed to last 3 weeks. The pack has about 90 in it. It was a bit of a learning curve to get them on right, but after a few ###@@$$/// I got it right. I have pretty good lashes so i just added about 5 each side with a couple of longer ones on the outer corner. They add darkness and some drama and I love the effect. They have only been on 4 days so far.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
i have just bought a DIY kit for $10 of individual lash extentions that are supposed to last 3 weeks. The pack has about 90 in it. It was a bit of a learning curve to get them on right, but after a few ###@@$$/// I got it right. I have pretty good lashes so i just added about 5 each side with a couple of longer ones on the outer corner. They add darkness and some drama and I love the effect. They have only been on 4 days so far.

rebecca
How do you take them off?
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:32 am      Reply with quote
They come with remover...but I must say a couple have fallen off..so I don't think removing would be a big issue. It is certainly a cheap alternative if you are happy for them to maybe last 7-10 days and gradually replace???

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
They come with remover...but I must say a couple have fallen off..so I don't think removing would be a big issue. It is certainly a cheap alternative if you are happy for them to maybe last 7-10 days and gradually replace???

rebecca
I think I might want to give this kit a try! Which store did you purchase it from?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight,
If you have a Salley's' Beauty Supply near you they carry them, most all beauty supply stores have them, Walmart and most drug stores have them as well, but I usually see them sold as separate products every where except beauty supply stores.

HTH
DM

Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |