Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What do you define as 'well groomed'?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
silvershadows
5% products discount

Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I was looking at a photo of Ivanka Trump and although she is beautiful what always strikes me is how perfectly groomed she is. Her hair is always sleek and glossy, her make up is perfection.
How do you get that 'perfectly groomed' look?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
A whole lot of time and money! Or spend a large part of your time doing it all yourself!
Sorry not trying to be cynical but look at a lot of women with an abundance of wealth, time and money for spa treatments, stylest whenever the mood strikes, makeup artists at your beck and call the list goes on! The PRIVELAGED FEW!

IMHO
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
photo shop, air brushing and if I squint when I look in the mirror Viola!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Haaa! I totally agree with both DM and Alien, but for me I think a big part of the well-groomed picture is hair. Perhaps this is because I've always been someone with frizzy, hard-to-manage hair (and have lived most of my life in Seattle). But whenever I see a woman whose hair looks "sleek" or curled in a very deliberate and non-rain-induced way I'm impressed. Don't get me wrong -- there's definitely a place for messy bed-head, but gals whose hair looks 'done' in a catalog-y way totally wow me.

That, and well-applied eye shadow that contours well -- I'm always blown away by people who can do a perfect smoky eye or a perfect deep-set crease triangle thing (if you know what I mean). Again, this is probably because I myself suck that those elements! Laughing

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Alien wrote:

LOL Good point!!
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz,

As someone with waves that go all the wrong directions, blow drying and heat styling for me is a must, I always envied you gals with natural curls jump out of shower little styling product shake and go! The grass is always greener LOL

the makeup deal from an ex cosmetologist get someone good to show you then practice, if you are so inclined. If I wasn't on the opposite end of the country I would gladly offer!
Very Happy
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Awww, you're so sweet! Fancy eye shadow is quite literally the ONLY makeup trick I feel like I truly can't master, even with practice. But I've been meaning to watch tutorials and/or get a demo in person for years. I think I'll finally do this before my wedding so I can do my own wedding makeup!

Hair is another matter entirely... I too am of the crazy unpredictable waves variety, and I only recently learned how to make it be straight or curly with heat and products and lots of work. Far too much work for normal days. Very Happy

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Alien wrote:

LOL Thats funny!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
The pictures are not taken at their worst, nor at the spur of the moment - all very well planned out in terms of look, preparation, clothes etc. The stylist was hired and the microdermabrasion took place and, and, and... You know....
I want to see the shots first thing in the morning - but they're probably great of Ivanka Trump then too - she is a gorgeous young woman.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz,
That's a great idea before your wedding! Congratulations by the way!

On the crazy hair don't you just want to scream when some gals have either perfect curls or straight hair naturally and they complain because they want the other? If they only knew spend forever styling or give up and tie it back!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I personally think some people come out of the womb looking perfectly groomed. They couldn't look any other way even if they tried. I suspect Ivanka Trump is one of those people.
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:59 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
On the crazy hair don't you just want to scream when some gals have either perfect curls or straight hair naturally and they complain because they want the other? If they only knew spend forever styling or give up and tie it back! DM

That's me! I am one of those, with the straight smooth hair who complains. Because it only has body right after it's blow dried, and it gets limp, stringy and greasy fast (the oil just slides down the straight strands)and won't hold a curl no matter what. So I either have to wash-and-blow-dry, or "give up and tie it back." (Although I don't have to spend a long time on it, as fine hair doesn't take huge amounts of time to dry.) But still, I envy people whose hair has body...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Tessera....I have the same hair. It's a pain...have you tried big sexy hair root lifter? If so, did you like it? I just went on a hunt for a good root lifter and so far I've tried garnier and pureology and a couple other cheap drugstore brands.....no HG yet. Pureology (whose shamp and cond I LOVE) had the worst one! Sticky...dirty feeling.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:22 am      Reply with quote
You fine-haired gals should hunt down manslayerliz's review of Philip Pelusi's mousse!

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Face it girls when it comes to hair we just can't win, unless you have a stylist in the house Bad Grin We all have to fight it to get the look we want!
DM
I actually knew one girl who could wash and comb then let her hair dry into perfect curls! She also could blow dry straight, no frizz and a natural blonde to boot, don't we just hate her! Joking about hating her, but really made me jealous!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
"if I squint when I look in the mirror Viola!"

I did just realize- do enough squinting and you'll cause wrinkles

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Alien wrote:
"if I squint when I look in the mirror Viola!"

I did just realize- do enough squinting and you'll cause wrinkles

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Like I said we just can't win!
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ivanka Trump has youth and lots and lots of money! Combination of the two she should look pretty good and on top of that pics are posed and airbrushed to remove any natural skin flaws. I have always envied people with smooth, shiny, straight hair not prone to frizz, because these people look very groomed. I live in the south and my hair goes crazy in humidity no matter how much product I use for smoothing!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight,
I live in the far south always hot and humid, I constantly fight the frizz! HATE IT! Nothing I have used works 100%. Still hunting.

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's all about maintenance and we are too busy living our life and earning an income. For her, money will never be an issue and she can afford to get some help and have time to live her life.

As for the hair, that is a challenge for me and for most, I would think. I'm sure she has a stylist who did her hair.
septemberamethyst
5% products discount

Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hair color, hair style, nails, makeup and wardrobe appropriate for age and lifestyle.

Clothing that fits well, and is free of stains/dirt/snags/loose threads, etc.

Shoes in good condition without scuffs/run down heels.

Handbags in good condition.

Skin, hair, teeth and nails that appear clean, healthy and cared for.

These are fairly general but they are where I tend to start.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
septemberamethyst wrote:
Hair color, hair style, nails, makeup and wardrobe appropriate for age and lifestyle.

I really think you said it better than any of us! And truth be told, a LOT of my shoes are scuffy and some of my bags as well -- I will have to keep this in mind. Laughing Very valuable input, even though this wasn't my thread!

silvershadows
5% products discount

Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
septemberamethyst wrote:

Excellent post. This is exactly what I wanted to know.
septemberamethyst
5% products discount

Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Glad you found these helpful. One more to add to the list is posture. Good posture helps your clothes and you look better. And as we age, some women allow their shoulders to curve forward slightly even if they keep the rest of their backs straight. Just something to be aware of.

Disclaimer: These are all just my opinion and I'm certain other members of the forum have additional helpful observations.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
septemberamethyst wrote:

I really think you said it better than any of us! And truth be told, a LOT of my shoes are scuffy and some of my bags as well -- I will have to keep this in mind. Laughing Very valuable input, even though this wasn't my thread!

I think this really says it. When I think of well groomed, I think of neat, clean, with a touch of elegance. The makeup is there to enhance, not exclaim. The nails are neat and well shaped, not tallons. Clothes fit well, but are not skin tight. Hair is neat and healthy.

Yes, Ivanka is well groomed, I typically am not (not dirty mind you, but rush out of the house in the morning at 60 mph, with a wet head, sigh . . . )

Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |