Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Miracle Noodle for Weightloss??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone has heard of and tried the Miracle Noodles? According to their website these noodles are:

* made of naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, or starch.
* contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories, no gluten -made of a healthy natural fiber called Glucomannan.
* wheat & gluten free and kosher.
* Easily absorbs the flavors of any soup, dish, or sauce.
* are instant and come in a variety of styles
* have shown beneficial effects backed by medical studies for Type II Diabetes, Constipation, Obesity, and Cholesterol!

I would love to hear from anyone who has tried these to know what you think of them.

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/index-chat.html

Thanks Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird,
I haven't even heard of these before, but they sound great! I miss my pasta dishes hot and pasta salads full of veggies. These sound like a great fat free option!
Thanks for the link!!

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Ooooooh these sound fabulous!!
I'm a pasta lover and could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
What a great find thanks so much for sharing.
Now we just need a calorie and carb free bread, I love that too.
Anyone??? Wink
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey,
The only thing I ever found was a rice bread at the health food store, lord knows I tried to get accustomed to the flavor (you'd expect bland) but it was really awful! Sorry looks like the hunt continues. Maybe someone will chime in with a suggestion! Hoping.

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
No we definately want a 'nice' bread Dark Moon, bland just won't do. And awful, no way.
You never know there might be one brought out sooner or later. Lets hope. I'm sure enough people will buy it if it tastes good.
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Well I took the plunge and ordered some noodles. I am so hoping I like them because I'm watching my carbs these days and really miss my pasta. I'll update after I try them and let you guys know what I think. I'll also keep my eyes open for a "good" bread too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes Songbird PLEASE keep us informed how you like them! I really miss my pasta, if these are good I want a case full! Very Happy
I should call some one I know with Celiac (sp) disease as I know she has to avoid wheat, wonder what she uses for bread!

TIA
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
No we definately want a 'nice' bread Dark Moon, bland just won't do. And awful, no way.
You never know there might be one brought out sooner or later. Lets hope. I'm sure enough people will buy it if it tastes good.

I agree about the awful bread, about 2 attempts and it got pitched! Very Happy
let's all hope we find a good one!
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I just found this online, here is a small blurb from the site and it doesn't look bland or awful:

ello, welcome to the Julian Bakery website. We are proud to sell our bread online and at these fine Local Stores or Buy Online

ere Is what's new at the Julian Bakery:

We have just released our newest gluten-free, low carb, low calorie complete sprouted bread named Purity Bread. To learn more Click Here
We are constantly expanding our distribution of high quality breads make sure you check out our list of stores we sell our bread in Click here
Check out our bread of the month: Smart Carb # 2 (CInnamon Almond Raisin)
Click the following link for Low Carb Bread / Gluten Free / Wheat Free
Low Carb Bread - Smart Carb Video :

hank you for visiting our website and please contact us if you have any questions. Check out our Testimonials Click Here

Just might be worth checking out.

http://www.julianbakery.com/

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
DM, I just barely looked at this site last night and was going to go back to it when I had more time. Looks like it might be worth a try. Thanks for posting the info.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DM.
I've just emailed them to see if they ship to Australia, but I'm not holding my breath. I didn't see any mention of shipping overseas.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Masbey,
Here is one with low carb foods and bread + cookbooks flat rate shipping in Australia.

http://www.lowcarbzone.com.au/yvs500/

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I'm going off topic just a tad here. I'm trying to understand what "Net Carbs" are. On many products they list the Carbohydrate grams and then they list a much lower # of Net Carbs. If I am counting carbs for weight loss then what # am I supposed to use?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Atkins also uses net carbs when giving carb gms. It is the total value of carbs minus the fibre value. The fibre negates the carbs somehow.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Masbey,
Here is one with low carb foods and bread + cookbooks flat rate shipping in Australia.

http://www.lowcarbzone.com.au/yvs500/

HTH
DM

I'm not sure if you meant this for me DM, but thanks! Great find.
I can make my own bread in my breadmaker, or muffins even with their products. Awesome. Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey,
I was just about to apologize to you for the name mix up, then I saw your post! I guess my poor old eyesight isn't great on this tiny iPhone Embarassed
Yes I posted that for you to check out!
Hope you understand!

DM
PS I am glad you found the site helpful!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Mishey,
I was just about to apologize to you for the name mix up, then I saw your post! I guess my poor old eyesight isn't great on this tiny iPhone Embarassed
Yes I posted that for you to check out!
Hope you understand!

DM
PS I am glad you found the site helpful!

Laughing No problem DM, I thought you must've meant it for me.
CLxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi Songbird, I am Asian. If I don't mistake it, it is what mostly taken by Japanese or Taiwanese in form of Jelly or dumpling when favoured and sweetened, or the Japanese cut it into small nuggets and put them into hotpot with other seafood, meat & vegetables. It has no favor at all and is meant to be taken with other food.

As far as I know, it is "obtained" from shoot of a plant, things like Taro, bamboo shoot etc. Juice is extracted from the "shoot" and turnt into gelatine form. Usually when it is sold in market, it comes in form of a large brownish translucent cube with size of a tofu. Now I can see that business people turn it into noodle.

It has not much nutritional value but is still considered a health food coz' it is high in fibre which helps digestion and more importantly has NO calorie. So many Japanese actresses take them to stay slim. It can fill your stomach without much calorie.

However, I don't remember the Chinese or Japanese wording to be sure of if this is what you're talking about. Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
CLxx wrote:
However, I don't remember the Chinese or Japanese wording to be sure of if this is what you're talking about. Razz

In Chinese, it's called 蒟蒻/菎蒻(Ju Rou). Konjac in English. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konjac
It's exactly what you talked about. No taste at all, texture is the same as jello. Imagine eating tasteless hard jello.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the konjac-based noodles for several years now. The taste/texture is different from pasta, but still good. I prefer the thin noodles because they absorb the flavor from seasonings better. We use them in stir-fries. Sometimes I can find Shirataki brand in my local grocery store, and also at Trader Joe's.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, well I tried the Miracle Noodle angel hair pasta and reeeeeeaally wanted to like them, but I just couldn't. The texture is just something I couldn't tolerate. VERY rubbery. I think flavor-wise you could do whatever you want with them although I couldn't seem to get past the texture. To me I couldn't "chew" them. I almost had to just let them slide down my throat :-& I wanted soo much to like them, but I had to return them.

nadjazz, I'm wondering are the Konjac noodles the same as Miracle noodles? Same texture?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
Ok, well I tried the Miracle Noodle angel hair pasta and reeeeeeaally wanted to like them, but I just couldn't. The texture is just something I couldn't tolerate. VERY rubbery. I think flavor-wise you could do whatever you want with them although I couldn't seem to get past the texture. To me I couldn't "chew" them. I almost had to just let them slide down my throat :-& I wanted soo much to like them, but I had to return them.

nadjazz, I'm wondering are the Konjac noodles the same as Miracle noodles? Same texture?

Oh no Songbird, I definately didn't want to hear that. I haven't ordered any yet as I'm in Bangkok at the moment and am going to put my order in when I get home next weekend.
Do you think you could cook them longer to make them softer? How long did you cook them for?
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Mishey,

I cooked them quite a long time. One user recommended sauteing them, so I did that with some onion & garlic. I kept tasting them to see if the texture would improve, but for me I just couldn't get it right. One thing I did read after I sent them back was to chop the noodles up real small and place in your favorite recipe (soup, casserole, etc.). Perhaps they would go down easier that way. Also, they have a very strong fishy smell when you open the bag so you have to rinse them VERY well before cooking. I would love to hear that there is another brand I could try that might suit me better. That's why I asked about the Konjac noodles and whether they were the same. I hope you have a better experience than I did Mishey Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Songbird - I don't know if you've tried these Tofu Shirataki noodles (I haven't myself just yet) but they are a favorite at Hungry Girl and available at Whole Foods:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=467
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:

Hi, Songbird -
Now that you mention it, rubbery would be a good description of the Shirataki noodles as well...but I would not say VERY rubbery. I know people claim that they can use these noodles just like pasta, but I wouldn't attempt it. I agree that it's best sauteed.

Besides rinsing first, I think it's important to follow the directions on boiling time. The boiling also helps with the smell, but you don't want to overcook them...I believe boiling them too long contributes to the rubbery texture. Then drain well, and use in sautes/stir-fries.

Tamgirl, the tofu version looks good! I'll be looking for those.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |