Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
DiorShow Black Out waterproof mascara is TERRIBLE.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
I whined about it in more detail here, but essentially, this stuff a) smudges, b) runs, c) makes your lashes stick together, and d) DOES NOT COME OFF NO MATTER WHAT. Don't waste your money! Avoid! Avoid! (Watch, now like 50 people will post saying how they loved it, haha. Who knows. But I've never been less impressed by such an expensive product!)

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I had this on my wishlist, so thanks for the review. I get panda eye very easily so this will not be for me.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Not everyone likes it, but I cannot recommend Clinique Lash Power enough. I hate most of their products so this was a real surprise, but I absolutely love the formulation as well as the brush. I get panda eye too but NEVER with this stuff! It's a tube mascara but not awful to remove, and it stays on better than stuff like Blinc Kiss Me in my opinion. Hope this helps, and glad I helped you avoid this one!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Oh thanks for this, I actually love Clinique high impact mascara, havent ever ventured into trying any other their other mascaras because Im very happy with HI. However I am always on the lookout for something with more volumme.
I will try this one instead...thanks Very Happy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. I had a hard time with this one. I actually tried the non-waterproof also, but when I washed my eyes I had smudges I couldn't take off. It was really strange. Diorshow is a great one though.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Ive had to much trouble in the past with macaras with the exception of Clinique high impact. So now I really only use tube mascaras mainly from Mirenesse and soon to try Becca Ultimate and the Clinique one recommended above.
I have trouble with Diorshow unfortunitley and it dried up way to quickly.
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:14 am      Reply with quote
wanna add diorsnow power is awful too
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I know there is another Dior mascara that is very popular. I can't remember the name of it though.

Thanks for the review so I know which one it's NOT!
shelle
5% products discount

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:07 am      Reply with quote
I was also really disapointed with the Diorshow mascara... it was supposed to be great for not being clumpy, well it clumped! and I did notice it dried out pretty quick too!

I've just started using Dr. Hauschka maskara and I LOVE it! It's not waterproof but it doesn't smudge and comes off so easily when washing your face with water... obviously it wouldn't be good in rain, but my lashes feel so nice afterwards too! And it doesn't clump and lashes don't stick together but look really fine and long! Plus it's made from natural ingredients so should be great for those with sensitive skin!

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into a review of Dr. Hauschka Wink
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review.
Because you let us avoid the terrible product
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:54 am      Reply with quote
never use waterproof mascara! All horrible at coming off. u might end up losing a few lashes before all the mascara is washed off.
michxly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to get this! I'd better not now. One that works really well for me is the cover girl one in the orange tube (forgot the name!) I have shorter lashes and smaller asian eyes and the cover girl mascara doesn't smudge. I bought the makeup forever waterproof smoky lash mascara too after a recommendation but find this smudges Sad which I hate!
Sexi
5% products discount

Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:39 am      Reply with quote
I love Dior Show mascara, so last summer when it was hot & humid I decided to try the Dior Show Waterproof. I also decided this was the worst mascara I think I have ever used. Just because it says "Dior Show" it is NOT the same as the non waterproof in any way. The waterproof formula, clumps, is very dry, dries out lashes really bad, (waterproof always does, but not like this one LOL). You also need to use make-up remover 4 or 5 times to get it off. I normally use a cheap Nutrogena remover & it works for everything but this mascara.

I would not recommend the waterproof formula at all, but I WOULD highly recommend the old normal Dior Show mascara.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
i always love dior products such as the silky foundation and press powder. however, i never tried their waterproof mascara. wow! yuk! thanks for the review. i won't waste my $. its a shame that an expensive product is just so lacking.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:24 am      Reply with quote
For those of you who are having trouble taking off waterproof mascara, have you tried Lancome Bifacil? Be sure to shake it up, wet a cotton pad with it, then rest it on the lashes for 2-3 seconds before wiping. See how you go. Cheers.
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:21 am      Reply with quote
I absolutely agree. And its not cheap. Mine clumps up really badly.

I like the Chanel one I bought better.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |