Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do YOU think this will work?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
LBtime wrote:
This is a very informative thread. From what I have read, LEDs are LEDs. The only thing you need to know is the wavelengths.

I have read on various sites that you need the infrared and the visible read to get the best results.

That said, it is probably better to buy the cheaper devices mentioned above. LEDMAN and HEELSPURS only have the visible red, and Spatabulous had both.

I only see the visible red on ebay. That panel is interesting thought. Please tell us if it is too bulky to be convenient.

Yes, I do wish I were able to get a panel this cheap with red and infrared. But I did get it today, did my face for 10 minutes just as a test run. The light seems plenty bright..I have tanning goggles, but even when I am wearing those and closing my eyes, there is a red glow that I still see, my eyes are okay, right? And as far as results? I suppose I won't know until after a few tries with it. I wouldn't say it's too bulky, because it's about 1-1.5 inches high, but it's a little over 1 foot x 1 foot wide... so it is sort of big, meaning there are a lot of LEDs that are probably shining into my hair, LOL. I am REALLY bad at being patient and doing my face with LEDs, I know I wanted a panel type so I could just sit in front of it, but I have such a hard time just sitting still, haha. Anyways, I'll let you guys know as time goes on how this works out. Hoping for the best.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 - let us know if your start sprouting new foliage and turn green!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
LOL, yes.. I'll let you guys know if I start flowering, or anything of that sort. Used it again this morning, my skin does look "glowy". So, I believe this panel will yield results. Of course this is only on the 2nd trial. The only thing is, the LEDs aren't touching my skin (obviously), and I've read a lot on this forum saying that having the LEDs actually contacting the skin yields the best results. All in all, I'd say this is a good cheap route to go if you want some of the benefits from LED light. I'd say if you were combating more age related issues, it's better to go for a more expensive device.. although I think the devices are still overly priced! Who knows, maybe once I get my money all sorted out, I'll get an AALS.
jeanleemarquis
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi EC413,

I was wondering what the latest update was with the plant growing LED's-- do you feel it is still working for you? Has it made a positive difference?
daisydukesss
5% products discount

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
we never got an update on this? curious to know if anyone has tried this!
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Interestingly, just last night I was reading reviews of LED lights on Amazon. Someone mentioned getting one for plants and said it has the exact same output.
So, I went to the plant reviews and people loved them, except for there are some rows that inside come unhooked, because they are fastened together kinda crudely.
Then some other fellow said that is not that hard to fix, just open it up and fix it but be super careful.
I heard that you can get these lights anywhere they sell lights for growing hemp indoors too. I am going to take a guess that they might be taller or even better quality? I have not checked it out yet--I believe they would be also sold in some sort of organic gardening supply store.

That would be wonderful to do your entire body, just step inside one like some kind of tanning booth, eh? heheh..I mean if they make them really tall for plants. I don't know if they do or not. Just conjecturing here..
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:01 am      Reply with quote
FWIW, I think the ones for plants don't have the same wavelengths in the same amounts (i.e., the same power spectrum), even though they may have the same total power output. So I don't think they're interchangeable, unfortunately.

5% products discount

Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
SansSouci572 wrote:
Interestingly, just last night I was reading reviews of LED lights on Amazon. Someone mentioned getting one for plants and said it has the exact same output.
So, I went to the plant reviews and people loved them, except for there are some rows that inside come unhooked, because they are fastened together kinda crudely.
Then some other fellow said that is not that hard to fix, just open it up and fix it but be super careful.
I heard that you can get these lights anywhere they sell lights for growing hemp indoors too. I am going to take a guess that they might be taller or even better quality? I have not checked it out yet--I believe they would be also sold in some sort of organic gardening supply store.

That would be wonderful to do your entire body, just step inside one like some kind of tanning booth, eh? heheh..I mean if they make them really tall for plants. I don't know if they do or not. Just conjecturing here..

Does it have infrared light?

I didn't want to wait for a response, and I just purchased the Sirius Aurora Yesterday... but now I think I want to return it becauae on a different thread two ppl responded negatively to it Question
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
daisydukesss wrote:
SansSouci572 wrote:

I didn't want to wait for a response, and I just purchased the Sirius Aurora Yesterday... but now I think I want to return it becauae on a different thread two ppl responded negatively to it Question

Daisy, I don't know how to tell. But its this product, I saved it on my wishlist so I wouldn't lose it: Sunshine Systems LEDGP45 GlowPanel 28 Watt 45 LED Grow Light

I see somebody else has the idea of taking out suntan booth lights and putting these kind instead!
daisydukesss
5% products discount

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
SansSouci572 wrote:
daisydukesss wrote:
SansSouci572 wrote:

Daisy, I don't know how to tell. But its this product, I saved it on my wishlist so I wouldn't lose it: Sunshine Systems LEDGP45 GlowPanel 28 Watt 45 LED Grow Light

I see somebody else has the idea of taking out suntan booth lights and putting these kind instead!

thanks! i dont think i'd have the patience to do that haha
daisydukesss
5% products discount

Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
FWIW, I think the ones for plants don't have the same wavelengths in the same amounts (i.e., the same power spectrum), even though they may have the same total power output. So I don't think they're interchangeable, unfortunately.

I just wish someone who actually tried this, would let us know if it was effective or a total fail Embarassed
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
The Amazon reviews are peppered with people who said it worked and that it is the exact same thing.
Its just that they are not put together well, and the lights come loose, so you can either return it or re-fasten them in yourself.

If I knew how to re-do a suntan bed, I would do it. I think doing that once would be less time consuming and get your entire body taken care of, on both sides. But then, I liked to nude sunbathe too, as I did not like lines. Smile

Now, I do not want one part of me to look new and the rest all wrinkly. Alas, I do not know how, nor do I have room for a booth, nor the money to buy one!
daisydukesss
5% products discount

Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
SansSouci572 wrote:
The Amazon reviews are peppered with people who said it worked and that it is the exact same thing.
Its just that they are not put together well, and the lights come loose, so you can either return it or re-fasten them in yourself.

If I knew how to re-do a suntan bed, I would do it. I think doing that once would be less time consuming and get your entire body taken care of, on both sides. But then, I liked to nude sunbathe too, as I did not like lines. Smile

Now, I do not want one part of me to look new and the rest all wrinkly. Alas, I do not know how, nor do I have room for a booth, nor the money to buy one!

Same here! I guess I'll.Just wait for my Sirius aurora. Hopefully I'll. Love it!
Djmackey

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
When I was looking into using led plant grow lights for my wrinkles. I went on YouTube to see if anyone else had tried it and to see how it had worked for them. Anyway, I found an aesthetician that has been using this on herself as well as her clients. I figured that if she was using it with great results as well as her clients; then HECK YEAH!! I’m getting it! She even was talking about a 70 year old client that had amazing results. I can’t wait for mine to get here!
klgbxb

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
What exactly should I look for...just an LED plant grow light? Where...Amazon? And...waht was the lady's name on youtube? Do you have a link?
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
It's probably Christine Byer's video. She posts on here as "girltwocb". Hopefully this is right:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T2gBEb7uZ0U&feature=youtu.be

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I went out on YouTube and did a search for how can you use a Roleado grow light for wrinkles. Roleado was the name of the grow light that was on a lightening deal on Amazon. I wanted to make sure that it would work and not hurt my skin.
I don’t know why it won’t let me post her link, but that’s what I used for the search.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |