Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Donell Super Skin Brightening Cream (1 oz) Payot Design Ultra Lift Remodelling Lifting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner - Perfect Moss (1.2 g / 0.04 oz)
thinnest consistency carrier oil and seabuckthorn oil

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what the carrier oil that is the thinnest in consistency is?

As far as the seabuckthorn, I just recently read how it is the most colorful of the carrier oils, is a thin consistency (which I like bc of my acne) is loaded with antioxidants and is healing and rejuvenating for dry, uv damaged, and wrinkled skin. It's also supposed to be good for hair and scalp as well and many different application of skin problems. It's color is intriguing to me, since I know some of the most colorful foods (fruit/veggie) are loaded with the most antioxidants. If this is the most colorful carrier oil....maybe that applies here too. I really want to try putting on a thin, almost watery oil to moisturize at night to see if not using thick creams will help with my always clogged pores and cut down on some sebum production. Does anyone else here use this? How do you like it?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Sea Buckthorn should be added to a carrier oil. One good one for oily skin is Grapeseed. Even diluted the SB oil can stain sheets and clothing so be aware. It is excellent for acne and oily skin, but should not be applied straight. It is loaded with antioxidants.

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Mex

Here are a few others that are light and good for acne:

Hazelnut oil
slightly astringent
intended to be used on acne prone skin
light, non-greasy, fast absorption

Kukui nut oil
great for all skin types, even acne-prone
very light and non-greasy
absorbs rapidly
aids in healing acne

Jojoba oil
helps to break down sebum in plugged-up pores
most resembles your own skin oils
good choice for oily or acne prone skin
highly stable
protects skin from harmful bacteria
clears skin of blemishes

camellia oil
non-greasy
easily absorbed
suitable for blemished, acne prone skin
reported to diminish fine lines and pitted acne scarring

of course there are other advantages to using these oils, I only listed the descriptions pertaining to acne prone skin.

I would suggest you google each one to find additional information, you may find one that suits more of your needs, for instance, jojoba oil is also excellent for for the hair as a scalp treatment.

Also , I beleive garden of wisdom has sample packs that you can buy. Very Happy
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:33 am      Reply with quote
sea buckthorn is very beneficial, and has been used for centuries for various conditions externally (wound healing) and internally (treat gastric ulcer). This oil has BRIGHT orange color:

I have a lot of sea buckthorn oil, but was not able to use it on skin much just because of the stains. A friend of mine that had ulcer some time ago used most of it internally. This oil has wonderful healing properties.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I posted this on the OCM thread it has 2 links for oils and their properties.

I just want to post a link to
an article listing the benefits of many common oils (not all we have discussed) to the skin as well as which are best for different skin types. I know there are many oils besides these but it is a great place for novices to oils for your skin to start learning.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Beneficial-Oils-for-the-Skin&id=790281

HTH
DM
ETA
A second source:

http://www.natural-skin-care-info.com/natural-skin-care-recipes-carrieroil.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
This is an excellent, informative site where you can purchase and learn about the base carrier oils, essential oils, aromatherapy blends and fragrance oils. There are charts for each category telling the source of the individual oils, what goodies (such as vitamins and linoleic acids) are contained in each, what type of skin they are recommended for, what purposes they serve and in the case of the essential oils, what conditions they treat. Just click on the name of the oil for an in-depth discussion of the oil. I hope you enjoy it!
~ JJ Very Happy
http://www.essential7.com/carrieroils.html
LAT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Great website jj Exclamation

Thanks for the info Smile
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
LAT, you're so welcome! I have bookmarked the sites you recommended as well. I adore the oils and can be enthralled for hours on these sites. I know what I'll be doing later today! BTW, I recently added hempseed oil to my arsenal because of the great thread here. It is such an amazing oil. Love EDS! ~JJ Very Happy
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Where can you buy sea buckthorn oil in bulk for taking internally?
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
Where can you buy sea buckthorn oil in bulk for taking internally?

I got this oil from Russia and Ukraine when on my trip there. You can try Russian pharmacies in US, they usually carry sea buckthorn oil. Often Russian stores have small pharmacy departments within them.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Sea Buckthorn oil (8 oz.)

Sea Buckthorn oil 8 oz. (240 ml)
Price: $79.95

For all other inflammation- and ulceration-related gastrointestinal problems, such as esophagitis, acid reflux (GERD), treatment-resistant peptic ulcers, duodenitis, colitis, and diverticulitis, our full-size 8 oz. bottle of Sea Buckthorn oil is the product of choice. The recommended dosage for esophagus and stomach disorders is 1/2 teaspoon 2-3 times a day. For intestinal problems, the dose should be increased to one teaspoon 2-3 times a day. The oil should be taken on an empty stomach, 30-45 minutes before a meal.

The unique therapeutic properties of Sea Buckthorn oil are explained by its almost unbelievable abundance in health-promoting bioactive components. The ripe berries of Sea Buckthorn contain more than 190 varieties of bioactive substances, of which 106 occur in the oil. This number includes six different fat-soluble vitamins and vitamin-like substances, 22 fatty acids, 42 kinds of lipids and 36 kinds of flavonoids and phenols. In addition to the gastrointestinal inflammation- and ulceration-related problems, Sea Buckthorn oil is also used to treat burns, skin lesions and other skin problems, including rosacea and eczema, cervical erosions, atherosclerosis, and high blood pressure.

Discover the healing world of Sea Buckthorn with our 100% guaranteed, uniquely potent Sea Buckthorn oil – and treat yourself to the very best Sea Buckthorn product and the very best deal available anywhere in the world!

To order our 100% pure and natural Sea Buckthorn oil, press the Buy Now button or call 1(877)739-9925 (toll-free). You will see your total, including the shipping charges, before you complete your order. All orders are shipped from Springfield, Vermont.

http://www.siberiantigernaturals.com/index.htm

DM

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Rodial Body Sculpture (200 ml / 6.67 floz) Caudalie Favorites - Beauty Grows Here (5 items) DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask (113.4 g / 4 oz)