Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
AH I slept in my makeup....now what?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mex0050
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I know one of the biggest skincare no-nos is to fall asleep without removing all traces of makeup....and kudos to anyone who never ever does this...but I think most of us probably have at one time or another.

So if you do this on occasion and you wake up horrified you fell asleep with makeup on and you have a nasty greasy film on your face...what is the best thing to do to try to 'make it up' to your face?

I'm thinking probably BHA for your clogged pores or maybe BP to kill off anything you let fester all night? What about a clay mask?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
LOL
Sorry I used to do that when I was young and partying, never saw any I'll effects I did an at home facial with a gentle scrub and a clay mask once a week always though. I also never had breakouts, just really normal skin all my life. Now I wear MMU which actually isn't bad for your skin, so on the rare occasion I may drop into bed with it on I don't feel concerned. I just wash it off and start another day.

DM
PS I use OCM cleansing now for many years and it removes everything on the surface and then some.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
haha, you caught me Laughing

I really want to try ocm, but I am really scared of the breakouts some people experience. I have no $ to work with if I get a massive breakout and need derm help. I'm using aha bha right now with some successes, and somehow I think the constant stripping of oil and adding more oil probably will piss my skin off.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
LOL
Sorry, OCM can cause a purging stage, but oil cleanses oil and stripping the skin of oil signals further oil production creating a vicious cycle! Many don't stick it out through the initial breakout stage, but those who have are glad they did. I never had more than a once in a blue moon pimple, go ahead hate me Bad Grin My son did suffer with acne and is on a med he must take the rest of his life(side effect acne) I had him try this with a helping of Tee Tree oil in the mix. I also had him wash after and use a toner then oil free moisturizer and it worked. The reason for the Tee Tree is it kills the bacteria that causes the breakouts, and same for washing. I and many who don't tend towards acne can just cleanse with hot water on cloths, my personal take is if you tend to break out you have to get all the oil, built up sebum plugs, toxins and dirt off the skin to avoid causing more intense break outs. I am not going go say you won't purge at all but this method keeps at a minimum!

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've never done that but I would probably just cleanse everything thoroughly and use a deep cleansing mask. And I'll try not to do that again lol
Y34963
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with DM once in awhile won't hurt your skin especially if you wear MMU. It is kind of like going off a diet. Just start a new day.
EllaLady
5% products discount

Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
On the rare occasion I do this, in the morning, I use the Clarisonic brush on my face for a deep cleansing (I usually only use it at night)...then I follow up with a mask - either a clay mask or a honey and aspirin mask - I figure that the mask will help deep-clean the pores.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
For a load of information on OCM here is the thread, long read lots of links including some I posted. There are links specifically dealing with OCM and acne.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=7077&start=0

HTH
DM
For those interested.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I don't even remember that I slept with my makeup - ever!
Wearing make up every day - even at weekends when I am at home, but I have (seems to be) good habit to clean my face in the early evening - so I could get asleep without worry. When I came home later in the evening - that is the first thing I will do - change my clothes, wash my hands and cleaning the face.
My mother really done god job - she always talks about importance of clean face at night, she use to say that is the basis of face care and somehow it stay in my subconscious Razz

I have very clear face with any pimples ever and I really think that's because of this good habit.

Oh how much self-praise Embarassed Rolling Eyes Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Well you are a good girl!
I used to do it all the time, never ever had breakouts even as a teen. Genetics maybe?

DM

5% products discount

Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've rarely done it and had no problems, but I never did so for two or more nights in a row or several times in a week.

I would wash my face when I got up, leave makeup off for as long as possible and then continue with my usual routine.

If your skin is reasonably healthy, it will cope with this. I think it is more repetition that will affect your skin.
icyj
5% products discount

Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I use Jojoba Oil to take out every trace of makeup i have on my face and then cleanse my face with my regular cleanser. All you need is 3-4 drop lets on a cotton pad swipe swipe!
Y34963
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
As a teenager I never washed my face before I went to bed - it would have definately woken my parents up Rolling Eyes . I never had any breakouts or anything - I have really good skin - just getting old. I just started being more conscious of washing my face at night the past while.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
There a whole lot of things worse than our makeup that we could have slept in! LOL
It's Halloween so laugh!

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:41 am      Reply with quote
Y34963 wrote:
As a teenager I never washed my face before I went to bed - it would have definately woken my parents up Rolling Eyes . I never had any breakouts or anything - I have really good skin - just getting old. I just started being more conscious of washing my face at night the past while.

That's kind of hard core. You guys were wild things! I'm about to wash off my big rosy rag doll cheeks. Gotta get that grime off. When you are partying though, don't you notice you break out more. Eliminating the toxins with crap still on the skin sounds kind of gross.

Off to drink A LOT of water before bed. Even though I only had two long islands. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:57 am      Reply with quote
use the massege cream first and apply the clay mask and hydrating mask.....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Callalily,
My days of being hardcore are looooonnnnngggggg gone, but even when I was a partying fool my skin never broke out! It didn't do it during my teens. I just lucked out on that one. Very Happy

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
My partying days are well over too. I got married at 19 had my son at 22 so he pretty much took over our lives. I never wore a lot of face makeup just eye makeup so maybe that is why not washing in the evening didn't hurt.
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Y34963 wrote:
My partying days are well over too. I got married at 19 had my son at 22 so he pretty much took over our lives. I never wore a lot of face makeup just eye makeup so maybe that is why not washing in the evening didn't hurt.

Same here Smile Married at 18, and at 19 had my first son (which one already have his first one Very Happy ) and partying day finished before they started Neutral
But I really never used any make up foundation until my 35, everything was the same on my face from my 18 to my 35. And than, I thought that is time to start with camouflage Cool
And all that cleaning Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Same for me I only used eye makeup, lipgloss and a little blush but no foundation until after the third child. But got a little later start then you two, my first was born when I was 26 the other 3 at 30,31,and 35! I did stop partying before first pregnancy though! Well before!

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I rarely wear foundation, but do wear my serums, moisturizers and sunscreen. Put on top of that a trip into the City, and I'm covered in grime by the end of the day. And yes, I have fallen asleep with a dirty face. What I tend to do is to keep a box of alcohol free Stridex pads on my nightstand so that if I wake up, I can simply swipe them over my face, throw on a night cream and zzzzz. Otherwise, it's a deep (shameful) pore cleaning in the morning.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I went to sleep the other night in full geisha makeup (my Halloween costume) and I woke up at about 6 in the morning and realised I never took it off. I immediately woke up and washed it off using my Babor cleansing oils. I am facing some payback from it - my cheeks are extra red and since it wasn't real makeup but the fake drugstore white halloween cream, I'll probably have a bump or two but I am taking preventative measures but cleaning and spot treating. Also drinking lots of water to help the process.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Katsey,
That stuff is so full of mineral oil and the like, you are lucky it was just a little payback!
Sorry, but at least you didn't wake up with a ton of red bumps or worse! Sounds like you had a fun Halloween at least!
Very Happy
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:54 am      Reply with quote
callalilly,

I heard it's best to not drink anything, water included, within 2 hours of laying down to sleep, it will cause the face to become engorged with fluids even more while you sleep horizontally, causing puffiness and eventually sagging.
Y34963
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mex0050

I drink water all night long. I take a bottle of water and keep it on my bedside table. Depending on how dry it is sometimes I will drink the entire litre Shock . I do have to get up during the night tho but I have never woken up to a puffy face because of it. I find it actually helps reduce fluid retention. We are all different tho so we to go with what works for us.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |