Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Amazing result from La Mer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kikiw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
A small fat granule has been under my eye for about two years. I tried many methods but no one works. I heard that using cream de La Mer as eye cream will help, so I tried this for three weeks, two days ago, I suddenly noticed the fat granule disappear! It's amazing! If you are also obsessed by under eye fat granules, try this, may be it works.
meowth
5% products discount

Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi kikiw ,
Did you apply any other product e.g. eye serum/cream before creme de La Mer?
To deal with granule, do we need to avoid using anything else on the eye area?
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:55 am      Reply with quote
tried la mer , serveral products, but did not see any substantial change, how comes? there are so many good reviews Sad(( i m trying obagi now, it works, but too much flakie...
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Im glad this worked for you kikiw. I invested in serveral of there products several years ago and had absolute no effect, ended up using as body serums/cream.
But everyones different:)
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
There are mixed reviews of their products. I do want to try it out but I always have doubts about getting it since it's not cheap. If it works, that's fantastic but if it doesn't, money is going down the drain. Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I was really bummed with LaMer..I have pretty good skin and most brands work well for me but just no luck here. I wanted to love it but it didnt happen that way..atleast my credit card is thankful. Laughing
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I did a review a few months ago on this product. I had been on the fence about buying so I asked for opinions on it. The overwhelming consensus was it was too expensive for what it did and that many people had results like mine in which they broke out in cystic acne.
By that time, I had already purchased it but had using up the samples first. I had bought mine at Saks and they did let me return it since I had only used a teeny-tiny bit and it had only been a couple of weeks. I was lucky to not have an expensive body cream sitting under my sink!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 am      Reply with quote
kikiw...Im glad you had some good results from it but I think you were one of the lucky ones! In another thread on "the Most Disappointing Products," La Mer was probably the most frequently mentioned! Confused

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Glad you had a good result--for a lot of people the most amazing result from Creme de la Mer is a dramatic lightening of the pocketbook. Laughing

5% products discount

Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
This is exactly how I use La Mer - and have only been able to do so since Lauder acquired the company - yet I can use nothing Lauder. I can't use the La Mer on my face - nor can I use either of their eye specific creams. Only other product I can use is the Hydrating Infusion. So, expensive as it is, especially in Canada - buying the 2 oz jar and using it only as an eye cream, make my eye cream costs 1/2 of what they were.
leungmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have used La Mer products for over 1 year. My friends commented on my nice skin.
DawnYama

Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've been eyeing LaMer since a teen. Did a lot of research on their products and the results let me know early on that even if I had to start saving then I'd have an endless supply. Glad to hear more confirmation

Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I have tried different La Mer products over the years, always with mediocre results. I really wanted the products to work, but never got the kind of results that would justify the expense.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE La Mer!!! I don't use it everyday. However, it is a superb moisturizer for those times when the skin gets really dry and it also calms and soothes the skin whenever it get over reactive/sensitive/irritated for whatever reasons. I wouldn't ever be without a jar of this cream.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I tried several samples from La Mer and only liked their cream - really calming and moisturizing.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I remember a program like 20/20 or Dateline or one of those similar magazine type shows did a comparison of various skincare lines. La Mer was no better than any of the cheap ones.

They also compared volumizing shampoos on that same show and the cheapest one, Finesse, gave thin, fine hair the most volume and I've been using it ever since.
vivian zhou
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing, I want to have a try.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the original cream years ago. I found the texture very thick. I think they now have the lighter texture versions and wonder if they are just as effective?
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Really? I've been using LA MER, but not tried eye cream, I will immediately buy. Thank you.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |