Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Products are on your No-No List?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
sprocket wrote:
Hi everyone, I am new!
I just bought the new clinique pore smoothing makeup (because I am a sucker for anything that claims to help!) and it is horrible!
actually makes them looks worse and highlights other imperfections like dry patches.
I am sure it is responsible for my latest breakout too.

It may be. I would stop using it and wait for your skin to clear up again. Clinique got all of us at one time or another. I think it is the lab coats Wink
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
cetaphil cleanser - made my face dry and itchy
any paula's choice cleanser - same as above
any silicone based serum - breakout city
shiseido eyecream - milia
sothy eyecream - milia
any type of scrubby scrub - contact dermatitis

I have super sensitive skin Confused
celeste
5% products discount

Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
OH WOW.. I was almost going to change my skin care product to clinique.. UNTIL i read all these.. geez.. is it that bad??? PLEASE TELL ME!!!!
Lekkie

Mon May 23, 2005 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with you people that some of Clinique products are no-no! I'm not here to advertise clinique but I think it is unfair to say that Clinique is all bad. I have done some research on skincare ingredients. Except 3-step, which I agree that they are terrible and I don't understandy why they so proud of this crap, many products from Clinique are pretty well formulated such as their sunscreen, moisture surge, and all about eye.

Anyway, my no-no skincare products are:

- shiseido (everything)
- Dermalogica Skin Renewal Booster though I love their Intensive Moisture Balance (both face and eye)
- Lancome Hydrazen

Can't think of anything else for now.

Lekkie
Surprised Surprised
Gypsy
5% products discount

Mon May 23, 2005 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Perricone-I tried his acne line because I have problems with black heads. After using this line for about 3 months my face looked liked I went over it with a cotton ball saturated in Crisco oil. And I started getting big pimples like the kind with pus in them. It took me forever to get my face almost back to normal and I have a few acne scars from the whole debacle. I cant believe his company hasnt gone under.

Peter Thomas Roth-I tried his "Max Retinol Wrinkle Repair" approx $90 for 2.3oz. I would have gotten better results using Jergens Body Lotion on my face.It did absolutly nothing except give me more blackheads. Ill never buy anything Peter Thomas Roth again.

Nucelle-was way too harsh on my skin and I dont have sensative skin and Im very used to AHA products. So if its too harsh for my skin, it might as well be the equivalent to battery acid.

Bliss-alot of their product line is hype and doesnt really do anything to correct or repair, at least the ones that ive tried.

Clinque- is crap with the excpetion of their lipsticks.

Elizabeth Arden- I bought their foundation once and it rubbed off on everything. The only thing I get from EA is the 8 hour cream lip protectant stick in Plum.

Bare Minerals- made my face itchy and accentuated my enlarged pores and fine lines.

Those are the ones off the top of my head.
product_junkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I have one that hasn't been mentioned!
Christian Dior Skincare....do not go there unless you have very strong, thick skin. And nose.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
No-nos for me are anything and everything from:

Clinique
Lancome (although I use and actually like their Photogenic Ultra compact foundation)
Estee Lauder (except for their perfumes)
Mary Kay

Believe me they are a load of cow dung.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hydroquinone products. Make me itch and don't seem to do much for me.

Clinique Toners. Run for your life. That "mild" soap can burn my skin right off as well.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes, Clinique. Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.
Lili
5% products discount

Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Perricone
Prevage
Peter Thomas Roth
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
CLinique, Estee Lauder and Lancome. My wonderful sister-in-law worked for all three and gave us loads of goodies to try. No results for the extreme prices (and I tried everything) and took me until reading this forum to learn of all the wonderful products out there beyond these lines. Now she's at MAC and I love the makeup but don't use the skincare.
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:18 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to have to agree with almost everyone else and say a big HELL NO to any of the Clinique skincare - a few years back when I first started taking an interest in my skin I tried the 7 Day Scrub, one of the toners (cant remember what number), Dramatically Diff Moisturiser and the cleanser they recommend for sensitive skin... all I can say is ewwww :-& . My skin was dry, red and flakey, yet I was getting major breakouts at the same time. Have you ever been in a department store and seen an innocent shopper getting talked into buying their stupid 3 step skin"care" crap??? Happened to me the other day, the lady who was buying looked so nice, I had to restrain myself from running over and telling her to keep her money!!

With all that said - I do like some of their makeup though... the superfit foundations are nice.

I dont have any other whole lines of product that I would rule out but I didnt like the Thalgo Soothing Mask (it was waaaaaaaay minty - too much menthol burnt my skin and broke me out - no go for sensitive skin) or Sothys Purifying Serum (used the whole bottle and saw NO results). I guess I've been lucky, cos that's all I can think of right now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:06 am      Reply with quote
hmm...I hate Clinque's three steps also. But, I always find myself going back to their City Block and Moisture Surge.

Olay Total Effect absolutely had no effect Rolling Eyes

Burt's Bee Lip Balm is super waxy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Estee Lauder Micro-D Deep Thermal Refinisher, TOTALLY BURNS MY FACE !!!!!

Big No-No for young skin/sensitive skin
pinkmelody
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
also Clinique Clarifying Lotion, it does clean out the skin a little bit ( as you can see on the colorized cotton ball) it totally dries out your skin if you have dry / sensitive skin.
Bethc
5% products discount

Thu May 25, 2006 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Creme de la mer. It doesn't do anything. Skin looks nice but thats it. It doesn't have Retinol, peptides, acids, copper, growth factors, Vit. C etc. And such a tiny amount of the sea stuff. What an overpriced product that does so little.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
mine would be IS clinical moisturizing complex, makes my skin very dry, waste of $$$.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Prevage, I had an awful allergic reaction to it!
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Anything with silicones

Any skincare by Clinique

NV Perricone products (except the ALA lip plumper, which I like because of its effects on the surface of the lips--but it doesn't plump for you know what)

Anything with chemical sunscreen in it

Products with glycolic/other AHAs--just not good for my skin
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
oh, is this our only revenge?

There are so many 'no-no' products. Clinique and La Mer are just givens--I cannot even believe that people put that stuff on their faces! I absolutely hated:

--Sjal (extremely expensive line, that, thankfully I didn't have to pay for)
--Origins (everything tastes, smells, and feels just like toothpaste--what's up with that?)
--Kinerase (completely anodyne--who is using this with results?)

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Anything by, firstly Clinique, then Estee Lauder & Clarins! Speak to the hand
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Products with salicylic acid seem not to agree with my skin. Dries my skin to a crisp. this, of course, could be simply that I've never used the right sort of product that contains it, but one that comes to mind is Neutrogena Acne Wash, you know that amber colored stuff with the pump. Apparently it's the #1 selling acne wash, but it makes me drrrrrrrry.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Violetanne, I don't think it's the SA your skin was objecting to, I think it was that godawful face wash. I've used the Neutrogena Acne Wash before and it's definitely a nightmare--- dries my skin, seems to leave a residue, and I don't even like the smell, not to mention that it helped with neither blackheads nor blemishes! Try a better product that contains SA, like Juice Beauty Blemish Serum or PSF Pumpkin Mask--- I think you might find them more agreeable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
My No-No List consist of:
Proactiv - didn't clear up my acne but made my skin super oily
Murad - didn't clear up my skin either but made me breakout even more
Drug store brand acne products (did absolutely nothing for me) - Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, etc
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Proactive, Cetaphil, Maybaline and La Mer. I always stay away from those.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |