Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Products are on your No-No List?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Reading this thread makes me laugh and realize how individual skin care is.

Most of the lines mentioned here as being bad have been really good to me.
I LOVE Estee Lauder products! All of the products I've tried were good and never broke me out and I have very oily, acne prone skin.
It makes me think any zits i get are hormonal.

I like Guerlain. I've used Dior products and they were fine and so were Chanel although the latter isn't worth the money but it was OK.

I liked the Arden cleansers. I tried a few HR products - the cleansers were useless but they used to have a clay mask that was very good.

Lancome is average.

The biggest waste of money so far for me has been La Prairie. I tried the cleanser, toner, eye cream. I think those were the worst I ever tried. The cheapet drugstore products are better than them.
histeric
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
my list goes:

1) Pond's cold cream (so greasy, and so hard to wash off)

2) Calming lotion for sensnsitive skin from Elizabeth Arden (smells plastic and doesn't work at all)
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="mt0417"]Idea Back to No-No list:

Elemis
Avon
H2O[/quote]

Oh, why is elemis on ur no no list ?? which product irritated ur skin most ???? ( i thought their products were quite ok..... at least with the ones i tried)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:58 am      Reply with quote
Smiths Rosebud Salve
Ultraceuticals Ultra Self Tan

5% products discount

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
clinique's products really useless to me Shock
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I received a Pevonia sample. The fragrance was overwhelming and horrid!
I used clinique eons ago and my face become tight, red and peeled. Almay mascara, it dried out after a week. Chanel eyebrow pencils. too greasy. The list and wasted $$$$ goes on.
araia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
- Clinique- three step cleansing
- H20
- Shiseido Bioperformance line
- Sisley- sisleya
- La prairie- cellular eye contour cream
LovelyPatsy
5% products discount

Mon May 14, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
The worst product that I have tried is the Clinique skin line ... my skin got irritated and red with it.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Horrible Oil of Olay products.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 3:02 am      Reply with quote
For me it's most of the Lancome line. I also tried Chanel, overpriced and really doesn't do anything special that a decent drugstore brand wouldn't do. I'm not fond of Oil of Olay products at all. They never do what they claim to do on the packet. And body shop stuff tended to break me out and I'm not prone to break outs usually.
tina

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
Jan Marini C-Esta for Lips - had no effect at all.

yeah, I 100% agree
dokusan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Janson Beckett's Okusil. I am a very satisfied user of some of their other products but for some reason Okusil was a disaster for me.
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Clinique and most drugstore brands which contains lotsa nasties. Anything that contains wheatgerm oil or coconut oil which is 5 on the comodegenic scale.
fanclubs
5% products discount

Mon May 21, 2007 1:09 am      Reply with quote
I generally don't tolerant supermarket brands very well, things like cold cream Ponds, Nivea, Garnier... I sure would like my skin to be able to tolerate those comedogenic ingredients!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 2:32 am      Reply with quote
More products to add to my No-No list.

Neutrogen facial products except their light moisturizer (cleansers, toners, scrubs, masks)
Osea Ocean Cleansing Milk
Osea Advanced Protection Cream
PSF HA Serum
Decleor Hydra Floral mask
Phytomer HydraContinue Mask
shower gels with SLS (I had always put up with the itchiness and eczema breakouts from using shower gels, but my eczema has been getting worse and worse that I'm not gonna have to stop using them.)
most face cleansers
toners with alcohol in them
shampoos with SLS

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Mine have to be:

Sisely - overpriced products
Lancome
Shiseido
{ALL TOTALILY USELESS}

PSF-O2 & Browtox
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Wow! I'm really surprised so many people dislike Sisley. I really like quite a few of their products. I'm not a fan of Shiseido, but I'm enjoying using their Benefiance Revitalizing Eye Cream. I only just got it 2 days ago though, but it has kept my undereye area moisturized without irritating it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 4:09 am      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Clinique dramatically different moisturizer

i read in cosmo that SO many ppl have bought this and is a staple in every bathroom....but it made my skin greasy and broke me out (spots adn blachkheads) and redness all over my face! iv tried a few of cliniques other things (except makeup) and just as this moisturiser...it was rubbish!

i also dont like most of dermaloigca's stuff...i havent used all thier things so i cant really say i hate them all, but with iv used, i dont like any of them

i must also have more no nos, but to actually remember them all is impossible Rolling Eyes
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Wow! I'm really surprised so many people dislike Sisley. I really like quite a few of their products. I'm not a fan of Shiseido, but I'm enjoying using their Benefiance Revitalizing Eye Cream. I only just got it 2 days ago though, but it has kept my undereye area moisturized without irritating it.

I don't dislike sisley at all. I actually like their stuff but I agree with people that say they are overpriced. Their prices make me expect a WOW effect and I never get it. I got WOW from products that were a lot cheaper.
When you pay a lot, you expect a lot Very Happy
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Le Mer creme--
Complete waste of money. The texture was thick and sticky and it did NOTHING.
Bolla
5% products discount

Mon May 21, 2007 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
My pores can't handle ANY facewash with silicone in it.

Zit city!
suzielap
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Formulations with silicone/dimethicone or petrochemicals on my face. Thus cuts down my options a LOT but that way I don't spend so much so ultimately it's a good thing!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor
dalmom
5% products discount

Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Smiths Rosebud Salve - Used this on my lips one day poolside, sunscreen on of course, and I woke up the next morning looking like I had collagen implants!

Phytomer Eye Cream -Highly allergic! I had small red blisters from this product

Anything Perricone- waste of $$$

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |