Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Products are on your No-No List?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Perricone - waste, waste, waste!
Strivectin - in fact after switching to spa lines, I slapped some STrivectin on one day as a quick moisturizer and my skin reacted with spots and yuck!!!! Crying or Very sad
Kinerase - I so wanted to love anything Courtney Cox uses (and don't you wonder if she really does?), but nothing, nothing, nothing
Clinique - but that was ions ago when I was much younger
BE MMU - never knew I had that many pores and that many lines until I used BE MMU -- much better for younger, unlined, poreless skin
Kiehls - love the concept, but no results
and Lauder, Perscriptives, Shiseido, Origins -- I so want to love these -- the marketing beckons as I walk past, but been there, done that and wish I had the $$$$$$'s back to buy a new BMW. That would put a smile on my face and take years off.
Dancing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Lekkie wrote:
I agree with you people that some of Clinique products are no-no! I'm not here to advertise clinique but I think it is unfair to say that Clinique is all bad. I have done some research on skincare ingredients. Except 3-step, which I agree that they are terrible and I don't understandy why they so proud of this crap, many products from Clinique are pretty well formulated such as their sunscreen, moisture surge, and all about eye.

Anyway, my no-no skincare products are:

- shiseido (everything)
- Dermalogica Skin Renewal Booster though I love their Intensive Moisture Balance (both face and eye)
- Lancome Hydrazen

Can't think of anything else for now.

Lekkie
Surprised Surprised

I agreed, mositure surge and city block were the only 2 I'd tried from Clinique and I think they are ok.
My no-no-list is H2O, just hydrating and nothing else, at least I think it's not good enough for my age.
So much I'd like to try on La Mer creme...I doubt now...
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I concur about the H20+ cosmetic line and will never use any of these products again! The quality is quite inferior and the eye-shadows and blushes completely dehydrated my skin. Confused Another no-no is John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Volumizing Shampoo - this stuff was insanely drying and harsh on my hair and a total waste of money.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Mint Julep face mask. I don't have senstive skin but this burned beyone belief.
Mary Kay
Orginis (loved but didn't do a whole lot)
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Oh! Almost forgot --
Dermalogica.
Ordered it. The colors are off, it's hard to work with and the customer service is the worst.
They have a 30 Day Free trial, but by the time they get around to responding to concerns it's past the 30 days and then they want to argue.
It's impossible to talk to a decision maker and, if you're tenacious and actually do talk to someone in a position to help, they don't want to be bothered.
In my case, they finally, albeit reluctantly, helped.
Still didn't improve the texture, etc.
Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
kd wrote:
Oh! Almost forgot --
Dermalogica.
Ordered it. The colors are off, it's hard to work with and the customer service is the worst.
They have a 30 Day Free trial, but by the time they get around to responding to concerns it's past the 30 days and then they want to argue.
It's impossible to talk to a decision maker and, if you're tenacious and actually do talk to someone in a position to help, they don't want to be bothered.
In my case, they finally, albeit reluctantly, helped.
Still didn't improve the texture, etc.
Never again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad Grin

Shhh Shame on me ... I said Dermalogica and I meant DERMACIA[i] ... the infomercial makeup.
Sorry. Doubt

5% products discount

Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Biggest Wastes of Money for Skin Care:

1) Perricone products (did nothing)

2) Lancome (too perfumed & ineffective)

3) Skinceuticals CE Ferulic (How do people get past that awful smell? I couldn't stand it for 5 minutes)

4) Baby Quasar - Did nothing but waste my time for 6 weeks.

5) Skin Medica TNS Recovery - Actually made my forehead lines look much worse.

Lisa
jjvk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry skin. Usually I am fine with most products. I tried Sothys Total Cohesion Protective Cream that make my face with breakout. Really disappointing
Crying or Very sad
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique cleanser among other products from this brand were crap for me Neutral
Loreal products dont really work for me either
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Ummm....

1. Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3
2. Orangedaily
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I will not buy any toner with alcohol which is too irritating to my skin.
hannahwebbo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:50 am      Reply with quote
My no-no list

Clinique, too harsh
Olay, didnt do anything
Shiseido not worth it

Hannah
shelliegal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
just about every drugstore brands either break me out or does nothing for my skin.

i only use (almost) natural or organic products now and i love the way my face feels.
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I will no longer buy expensive shampoos that claim to add volume...they never do!

Also...lipstick claiming to last 12 hours, 16 hours, etc... yeah right...maybe if you never eat, drink or talk! (And...I'm on the L2K program...so don't want to make my "getting healthy" lips go back the way they were.)

Murad - felt good on my skin, but did nothing but clog my pores.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
My skin doesn't tolerate most brands, so I have many disaster stories, but my definite no-no (because of its extreme price) is Creme de la mer; I didn't see any results (not to mention a 'miracle'), and on top of that my skin became even oilier than usual, combined with mini break-outs. I just wished I had been in this forum before I bought it...
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
My No-No List:

Clinique - Their products are very harsh on the skin.
L'Oreal - Useless and irritates the skin. With their massive ads and low prices... you know what you're getting.
Lancome - The prestige version of L'Oreal. Their products are very similar.
Biotherm - Another sister brand from L'Oreal. Their products doesn't work at all. My friends who bought their products never repurchase them.
SK-II - They compromise on quality and spend tons of money on celebrities endorsement.
Estee Lauder - I used some of their products before with no result. Lauder is good with their marketing, but their products are total crap.
Shu Uemura - Their cleansing oil actually compose of mineral oil. You should never touch this product.
ben_253
5% products discount

Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Any product that has ingredient(s) that are scaled highly on the comedogenic list.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Judy, speaking of TSC products I tried Prai and sent it back - I thought it was over priced crap! She came from EL I believe and it shows. Her skin looks terrible.

My other two no no's are Elizabeth Grant - holy cow what a spiel and she stands there and bold face lies! Then there's Aloette, good grief, when listening to Christie Cohen I can't help but wonder why it's legal to make these ridiculous claims. Nothing they say will happen ever shows up on my skin. Incredible waste of money - thank goodness I can send stuff back, so at least I haven't been completely ripped off.
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
My "no no" list? Anything that sounds too good to be true. Wink
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Kinerase
Skinceutical Vit C Serum
Clinque
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Jolin wrote:
My No-No List:

Shu Uemura - Their cleansing oil actually compose of mineral oil. You should never touch this product.

Hi Jolin, I'm actually using this to take off my make up everyday - do you think it helps to use a foaming cleanser afterwards? The point is I feel that only an oil based cleanser does the job efficiently in removing make ups.

Anyway, I think this 'NO NO' thread is terrific - all these comments are saving my poor wallet !!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
lifeisbeautiful wrote:
The point is I feel that only an oil based cleanser does the job efficiently in removing make ups.

You can use any kind of oil though; I use jojoba to remove eye makeup. Some people don't have problems with mineral oil though, just like some people can slather on Vaseline every night and not break out. I don't even want to imagine what would happen if I did that.....
luna*
5% products discount

Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:29 am      Reply with quote
nikkic wrote:
Mint Julep face mask. I don't have senstive skin but this burned beyone belief.

This stuff is the worst. It made my face red as a lobster.

I don't like skincare by Clinique, Lancôme and Chanel. It's just not worth the $$.
Sway

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique is on my list. These days i dont waste too much money on high end "all the promises under the sun" skincare.
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:20 am      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Wow! I'm really surprised so many people dislike Sisley. I really like quite a few of their products. I'm not a fan of Shiseido, but I'm enjoying using their Benefiance Revitalizing Eye Cream. I only just got it 2 days ago though, but it has kept my undereye area moisturized without irritating it.

I don't dislike sisley at all. I actually like their stuff but I agree with people that say they are overpriced. Their prices make me expect a WOW effect and I never get it. I got WOW from products that were a lot cheaper.
When you pay a lot, you expect a lot Very Happy

I agree with you!Sometime we dislike the price not the product itself. Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |