Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
What Products are on your No-No List?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Organic Skin Biz
5% products discount

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Reads like the familiar chemical cocktail that are in most cosmetics and the all to familiar sensivities to the synthetic perfumes and colours and dyes the manufacturers throw in to make appealing for us ! (Yuck Crying or Very sad)
You know when we purchase these nasty bottles/tubes of gunk we are receiving a complimentary dose of chemicals !

Are any of you Beauty Therapists or cosmeticians/makeup artists?
I would love feedback on any of your clients who have had MCS or Multiple Chemical Sensitivities or nasty reactions to their cosmetics.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Lancome
Clinique
etc..

TOO MANY TO NAME ! Very Happy
mbecci
5% products discount

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
La Mer and Perricone - complete waste of money on my skin!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Tried Origins, strange reactions.
Estee Lauder too perfumed as is Chanel.
catspaw
5% products discount

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
For me, some of the Sisley products produce breakouts - in particular, prolonged use of their exfoliating daily facial wash, which by the end of the tube left my face with significant break=outs that took about 3 weeks to clear up. I find their cremes and serums also produce the same effect on my skin - the samples worked, but they were not used for long enough...too bad I had to find out the hard way, as these are expensive products!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Pantene Pro-V - caused major build-ups and damaged my hair so bad.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Pantene Pro-V! Mad
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Boy I am so thankful for this forum. It sure has prevented me from wasting money on expensive products that do not work!
My no list is:
Proactiv (made my son's whole face red, raw and dry)Horrible stuff!
Athena 7 min lift (ordered a sample it is garbage, like putty)
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Brands:
Clinique: Poorly formulated, IMO. There was a time when I absolutely adored their MSE. Great product.

Clarins: The claims, oh, the claims. It's absurd, especially now with their new spray product. Won't even bother mentioning the name of it, just cause it is so irritating.

Products:
- Cetaphil. I'm sure this is great for someone, but now it's a stock answer that pro's give when I (and I'm sure others) ask for the name of decent cleanser. It leaves a disgusting film and it is just plain gross to wash my face with IMO.
- MD Formulations Eye Cream. Oh-my-god this is awful. It stinks, is the most horrid color and burns upon contact. Got this full size in a kit and tossed it immediately.
- Aveeno Ultra Calming Cleanser: I really wanted this to work and the ingredients were great! Unfortunately this cleanser didn't work for me. I tried it at 3 different times with no luck. This left me so unusually tight and dry...flakey, flakey, flakey. I've used a lot of cleansers and this one (for whatever reason) really dried me out. Rrrreallly.
- Jane Iredale MMU: Really liked it at first. Then realized that I would never get a perfect shade match because they all had a white tint when I applied them. Tried and tried. All looked awful, and made me look old. First MMU I tried. I avoided them for a long time. Only lately have I been re-testing other brands.
- Dermalogica Acne products. In general, they are all so bad for my skin. Dryness, irritation, with no actual result...terrible.

That's all the products that come to mind immediately.
shengyue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Dior
Fancl
H2o
Lancome
Clinique
etc..

TOO MANY TO NAME !
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Still has to be Dr. Irena Eris Sad Sigh... Cannot forget the disaster this brand caused me Mad

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
LaMer --It's a total waste of money! I used up the remainder of my jar on my feet. It contains so much silicone! It also has white licorice to reduce the redness but hey you can buy Godiva licorice cream which has a higher percentage of glabridin for $15.00 which will reduce redness. Combine this with some SKB and you have a better version of LaMer/rant off

5% products discount

Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:00 am      Reply with quote
hmmm
i would say no no to
H20
Elizabeth Grant
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
definitely la mer, nv perricone, md skincare, estee lauder for me.
Mossa
5% products discount

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
N.V. Perricone Sad
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Lancome- it makes my skin react. And it's too strongly scented which makes me suspicious.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Biotherm!!!!!!!!!!!!
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Denese!
shelliegal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
i'm trying not to use anything with parabens or sls so alot of them are out.

ones i remember just trying recently:

Mary Kay #1 for dry skin - didn't do enough for my face.

Aveeno Calming Foaming Cleanser - very very drying when it's suppose to be calming.

Shiseido Skincare toner - very very drying.

that's about it so far.
amita
5% products discount

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Anything with Sodium Laureth/Lauryl Sulfate -- I'm allergic to it :-P
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
??? i am a bit disappointed to know that La Mer is on this list !! i was semi-looking forward to it's concentrates / serums when i could afford it !!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

on my list are :

clinique ( havent tried it, but based on reviews on EDS, it's better staying out of it for the rest of my life)

H20+
what's with all the colouring in its skincare ? looks more like stuff in dr. frankenstein's lab !

fancl blackhead removal pack
it's supposed to melt ur blackheads and then pull them out. but does it do that ? *NO*

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying to avoid using products with sulfates in them. I just switched to the ABBA shampoo line and I really love it!
MakeupDiva
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
amita wrote:
Anything with Sodium Laureth/Lauryl Sulfate -- I'm allergic to it :-P

I just recently started trying to phase of the SLS out of my life. I can not believe how many products have it in them! I have become obsessive reading all of the ingredients in every product.
Shez
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:55 am      Reply with quote
MakeupDiva:

could you please share some info on the ABBA shampoo line?
lululun
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Everything produced by Lancome.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |