Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What Products are on your No-No List?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sahmisme
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I can't use Almay anywhere near my eyes. It's marketed for being hypoallergenic but it makes me want to tear my eyeballs out of their sockets. SOOO itchy! Shock
lilybear
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I don't feel so embarrassed now Embarassed
Proactive
La Mer - like cold cream
Clinique
the new Lancome mascaras make my eyes water Sad
ironpoker

Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:46 am      Reply with quote
definitely no to proactiv if you have oily skin.your acne will be worse.all my friends who used it with dry skin worked pretty well.and as for oily skin, i would recommend clinique acne solution.it works pretty well.trust me, it really works for me and all my friends with oily face
babygirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:06 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
clinique, unless I'mm cleaning the brasses

haha! same feeling Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:10 am      Reply with quote
I realise as time goes by I've got more no-no brands sigh...

Now Decleor & SKII are no good for me too. These 2 brands are the only 2 brands to give me skin reactions such as redness, itching and hive-like swellings Mad

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes Murad
Proactive
Burt's Bees
Biore
Jason

5% products discount

Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:33 am      Reply with quote
VICHY~ nothing works on me! And gives me a oily face! Just hate it!
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Clinique 3 step - none of it worked for me. And I never understand why it gets such a low rating here and on MUA but yet it seems to always win awards with Allure or In Style for Beauty Buys.

Weleda Skin Food - MUA had high ratings for this, but all it did was give me some awful horrible cysts. Took such a long time for my skin to calm down.

Oil of Olay - I always buy this line, but it never seems to work for me. Used moisturisers and my eyes just water even if I just surround the eye area.

Garnier - I used their moisturiser once. Big mistake! WAAAAY too fragranced. I could barely breath and my skin reacted to it.
volmel
5% products discount

Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Kinerase. I tried it and waited for it to work. I waited for anything to happen. Nada.

Retin-A.

The Maybelline mascara that comes in the pink tube. Smears under my eyes by lunch time.
Mia99

Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Clinique
Lancome
Biotherm
Decleor

I do not know why, but I get really red and irritate skin by these products.
honbbb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I'll say to the whole set of products of Benefit.
I've tried couple of the skincare products. I could only say that they're useless! Sorry to say that! Sad
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I would never buy again Almay products, Dr. Haushka, Clinique, Chanel any type of make-up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
anything from dermaglow......over price and what you got is just a big bottle of lie Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
volmel wrote:
Kinerase. I tried it and waited for it to work. I waited for anything to happen. Nada.

Retin-A.

The Maybelline mascara that comes in the pink tube. Smears under my eyes by lunch time.

i haven't open my Kinerase yet....sames like i should read more review before i buy

5% products discount

Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
fang wrote:
volmel wrote:

Retin-A.

i haven't open my Kinerase yet....sames like i should read more review before i buy

My derm says it either works well for you, or it doesn't do anything at all. I've tried it for several times but didn't see any difference. Some of her patients really like it. So it might work well for you.
danatartau
5% products discount

Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Garnier Nutrisse gave me a bad bad rash.
kar126
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Anna Sui Foundations and Concealers ALL OF THEM
terrible terrible terrible quality! Although I must admit I was sold on the adorable packaging, but it was a huge mistake I made! Confused

Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector
sounded like a dream come true, 4.0/5.0 review from MUA, so I bought it. Not only it didn't make my pores look any smaller, it broke me out like no other product had
lilyflower
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:15 am      Reply with quote
my no-no list is Creme De La Mer, it is an okay moisturizer. It hydrated my skin, but beside that, I didn't see any difference on my skin when I used La Mer. The cream is too thick for me; it clogged pores.I'm so glad I tried the sample first,I don't think I will buy it
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Any drugstore product is on my no-no list Rolling Eyes
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Paula's choice moisturizers--- too many silicones and it leaves a film on my face. But lots of people love them.
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
No skin care products from the mall (estee lauder, lancome, etc.) They smell good but no effect.

No perricone either - overpriced!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
If gadgets count, then NuFace is on my no-no list.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Why no to Nuface, Kassy? Was it just ineffective or did it actually cause problems?
cora-lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
well, i won't give a list of companies, would be too long... what i usually try to do is - look at the ingredient list, and i know i am not happy with:
- mineral oil (petrolatum etc.)
- SLSs
- silicones
- chemical sunscreens
- parabens
herba99

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
clinique
Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |