Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

VISIA RESULTS AND PROGRESS- how to make them better?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
The VISIA Skin Analysis is a computerized machine that you stick your face in. It measures your left side of the face. They call this the driving side. )I don't see how that's possible since both sides are the driving side. Depending on the direction and if the sun is setting or night, the sun could be on your left side or right side.) LOL! Laughing

It measures your skin from 100 other people that are the same skin type, age, and ethnicity that you are. It tests to see how good your skin is. You want the highest numbers, 100 on all categories being the goal, meaning that you have PERFECT skin. The skin we all dream of.

When I took my VISIA results in March 5th, I was:

42% Pores
42% Texture

I had it done again at 8/29/09 after having 3 IPL and 3 Laser Genesis. My scores really went down actually with a 20 on Spots (hyperpigmentation a big problem of mine).

On Halloween, I got it tested again. My scores:

91% Pores
89% Texture
85% Wrinkles (there's 1 and I don't even see it, the machine is so sensitive)
43% Spots

Here is what I have done since then:

Extractions
Dermaplaning
3 peels: one salicylic, two enzyme
1 10% TCA (did nothing)
1 12.5% TCA (did absolutely nothing)
B5 for oil reduction, supposed to shrink pores

(You take 20 B5: 10 at morning, 10 at night for two months, then move to 10 pills for two months, then maintain 5 daily)

4 IPL BY CUTERA
5 LASER GENESIS BY CUTERA
LASER HAIR REMOVAL (To reduce razor burn on face as it's a big problem for me)

Vitamins:

Biosil by Natrol (5 drops in water, 2X day)
C (1000 mg, 2X day: AM & PM)
Multivitamin: The Vitamin Code (has probiotic in it)
B Complex
Zinc (took briefly, a month, tops)
Collagen (6 pills daily, 6,000 g, divided between AM & PM)
Resveratrol (was taking 250 mg, now taking 160 mg)
Omega-3 (2,000 mg)
Sunpill (works like Heliocare, but much cheaper)
Probiotic (at times)

I will need to take the B5 again I suppose...

I drink a lot of water.

I have very oily skin.

My skin type is: oily, sensitive, acne-prone, redness prone (as I get older), mainly hyperpigmentation prome.

Though ACNE always poses a threat, HYPERPIGMENTATION is my biggest concern right now to treat!

*** A big change I've made is I wear a hat when I'm outside and I pull it down when I walk and drive. As the sun gets on my right or left side when I drive, I pull the hat on that side of the sun more.

*** I even walk outside on sunny days when I forget the hat with an umbrella!!!

Face Products:

* I was using Purpose in April as requested by my dermatologist. Couldn't stand the stuff.
* Mid May, I started using Obagi #1: Foaming Gel Cleanser and Neova Salicylic Toner during the day, at night I used Obagi #2 Toner and Neova Radiant Skin Cleanser.
* In Aug, I used La Pelle Salicylic (2%) Acid Face Wash and an enzyme scrub 3X a week.
* In Sept., I used Obagi the whole program (except Retin-A, way too irritating).
* In Oct., a new dermatologist wanted me just to use the Dove Beauty Bar to get my skin to clear up. He said it was inflamed.
* Now, since I am very very oily, I didn't like the way Dove left a film on my face, and it didn't clean deep enough. So, I decided to buy:
COR SILVER SOAP. I've used it for a week. I will do it a review next week. I bought the travel size.

* The Retin-A was one of the reasons why my texture was so bad in March with the first VISIA tests.

I eat very healthy and exercise regularly. I try to include a good amount of fruits and vegetables. Strawberries are my favorite fruit and I eat a lot of brocolli, sweet potatoes...

* If I think about what else I do, I'll let you know.

--Now, what can I do/ ADD to the regimen that will make my skin even better? Product, supplement, anything?

My goal is 90% on all categories and I am very close to getting that with the Texture and Wrinkles, while the Spots have a long way to go. I'd be thrilled with 50% on Spots and then 70%. I figure this will be the hardest to correct. My nose has most of the spots and redness. I have been tested many times and all the dermatologists I've been to said it's not rosacea. This makes it difficult to correct since I'm never out in the sun.

I hope this advice I have done will help others achieve their goals.

Any and all suggestions welcome. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Smile Thanks for reading this!!!

* After looking at other beauty boards, this is the best board on the planet. We have the most generous and knowledgable members.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have any recommendations but wanted to say thanks for sharing this, Skitahoe. Did you have this done at the dermatologist? Could I ask how much it cost? Did whoever did it make recommendations to you based on the analysis? Interesting about Retin-A - I've been chicken to try it even though my derm gave me a prescription and I have the tube sitting in my drawer. How long had you been using Retin-A before you discontinued?

Sorry for all the questions but I found your post very interesting.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Wow. Amazing information. Totally thorough and detailed.
May I ask how old you are? I take it you are a man because you mentioned razor burn. Congratulations on your improvement. I find it highly inspiring! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Wow. Amazing information. Totally thorough and detailed.
May I ask how old you are? I take it you are a man because you mentioned razor burn. Congratulations on your improvement. I find it highly inspiring! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys for the compliments!

I am 21 and male. I am blond, oily, acne prone, redness prone the older I get, broken capillary here and there, and most importantly: hyperpigmentation prone! I also have sensitive skin.

I did this at a medical spa the VISIA. I have been to several dermatologists and they never have had this machine when I went.

There was no cost for the initial VISIA or ones after. Some places charge between $45-50 for it if it's not free.

As far as products go, the first time I did it, they recommended the OBAGI system and the OBAGI Blue Peel or a few Micro Laser Peels. That was at a different place though.

The other VISIA tests I've been going to keeps suggesting that I need more IPL and Laser Genesis. The machine they use is Cutera. It has seem to work, so that's why they suggested that route again. They also like the first place where I got the VISIA test suggested the OBAGI system.

I have used Retin-A, Retin-A Micro, and Atralin (0.05% tretinoin) and I couldn't stand any of them. They irritated the heck out of my skin, the texture was terrible, it looked like razor bumps galore. I saw no results and I was destroying my skin. I don't see what's so great about these medications. Sure, they may stimulate collagen production, but at what cost?

I used Atralin for about nine months and then stopped using. I really don't recommend any of the Retin-A's or Atralin.

Don't be sorry for the questions. I find skin fascinating.

I hope you can get a VISIA done. It'll change the way you think and care about your skin for sure.

*** The main problem now is, I don't know what to do to reduce my hyperpigmentation. It's a problem I've had since I was a child, probably around 12. I've been practically born with freckles and I'd like to get rid of them. I wear a bucket of sunscreen. I need other recommendations.

Would a Micro Laser Peel, more IPL and Laser Genesis, or the Pearl Treatment be the best for me to reduce hyperpigmentation (and redness) on the nose?
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
You are brave. I would be downright scared to hear the results.

I'm certainly not an expert but I've looked into fraxel and it seems quite amazing in some cases.
It sounds like you've done quite a bit for your skin. I love your tip of B5. As soon as I have some extra dough I'm going to order more supplements. You don't take msm? A lot of people on this board sing it's praises. I take a couple tabs daily myself. Other than those two suggestions I'm not sure..

Good luck! I hope someone else helps you more than I could. Razz

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |