Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
1000 Hour Lash Dye kit questions
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ravenstar

Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here Smile I've been looking at the posts about this kit, but most of the ones I found were pretty old, and I had a couple questions that I couldn't find answers for.. or I missed them Embarassed

I really want to try this kit, but does it make your lashes brittle or break easy?

Also, can you still use mascara over your dyed lashes?

And I saw on one post about putting oil on your lashes to help the dye set better ... do you put in on, then wipe it off before the dye, or leave the oil on and dye over it? Confused

Thanks everyone!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of info about this is all over lumagen threads and other eyelash enhancing products threads, everyone that uses it LOVES IT! You can definitely use mascara over it and no one reported breakage! I am planning on ordering it, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Most people using it use lumagen or similar products, and do use oil over lashes at night to condition. One really good suggestion I read is instead of using the included applicator, buy the tiny little brushes for cleaning between the teeth and apply with those, a lot less messy. They are near the tooth paste and floss at all drugstores ect. As far as putting oil on before the dye maybe it says to do so in the instructions, but I think as an ex cosmetologist the oil would impede the dye from penetrating as well, just my opinion. I would condition my lashes the night before doing the dye unless the instructions said otherwise.

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I've used this product for a few years and it's great. I use it every two months with no breakage.

THe lashes must be clean and oil free to use the product - otherwise the dye will not take. I do use the spoolie in the product and I have tons of the little dental brushes too (you need the tiniest one - they come in different sizes) I prefer what comes with it.

I condition my lashes a few nights a week with castor oil or jojoba mixed. It keeps them very nice. Also I recommend using a mascara product that conditions - I love Korres. Find on Sephora - it has B3 I believe and the formula is non drying.

Any other questions? Bring them on - I'm a pro Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sis,

I am glad you chimed in, I know just what I have read and it is scattered on so many different threads, I just wanted to make sure this was answered! I figured no oil on the lashes would be correct!
Very Happy
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
DM - it's a great product - your lashes look so nice after. I love what it does for the lower lashes since I do not mascara there for work and they still stand out - I have light lashes. The dye makes all that Careprost effort come to life Laughing (high maintenance - I'm getting worse all the time)

I suggest getting the blue-black color for sure and I leave it for the full length of time once I get it all applied.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sis,
I am dying to try it, just hectic life and haven't had the time to give it a whirl, hell I have a hard time getting my hair dyed these days! I belong to the really light lash club as well but my coloring (eyes and hair) are/were really dark, so this sounds like a dream come true! Blue Black was my choice, sounds gorgeous!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it for years now and can join in with the hearty recommendations. The Midnight (Blue/black) gives the best effect, I think. I use it on my pale lashes, with no brittle after-effects at all. Mascara goes on afterwards with no problem.

As for prepping with oil, I've never tried that and tend to agree with those who say it would impede the dye from working properly.
Ravenstar

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the responses, I really can't wait to try this product! Where does everyone order it from? I went to the company's website, and you can order it right from there, but I didn't know if there was a better place.

I also went back through the old posts again, trying to find where I saw the post about the oil making it work better, and this is the one I saw:

www .essentialdayspa. com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7546&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=1000+hour&start=250
kory82202
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:37 am      Reply with quote
I get it done at my salon. I think I will try it and do it myself. Since everyone likes this product I figured why not try it out. Tell you the outcome after I dye my eyelashes. Thanks!!!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I order it from their website and have used it for several years with no problem.
I did re-order last time in brown which was a mistake as it doesn't even show worth the time. The best for me by far is the black/blue. It does actually show up on your lashes.
I also use the castor oil to condition after and several days before.
I use an old mascara brush that I saved and cleaned for the application process, it works way better than what the applicator it comes. I also use lots of paper towels, latex gloves and paper plates for the process as I am really messy and seem to get it everywhere!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:38 am      Reply with quote
just bought this kit and did it tonight! I bought the blue black based on recs here.

At first I put some medical tape under my eyes as I had read to do that elsewhere,,but that felt awful so I took it off. I put vaseline above my upper lashes.

I used the brush provided and it worked great!!! I even used a fine liner brush to dab a little between the lashes at the base..but I don't know how long that will last?

Very pleased!!!

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:11 am      Reply with quote
For those of you with pale lashes, how often do you have to re-dye?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:08 am      Reply with quote
About every 2-3 months. It looks really good for the first month and then it starts to fade, the lashes grow out or fall out, etc.
I love the way it makes my lashes look now that they have grown so much with the lumigen!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks - I've had some in a drawer that I bought about a year ago so I hope it's something that won't go bad. I think I'll try it out this weekend.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I actually have two colors - dark brown and brown-black. I'm guessing from the comments I need to use the brown-black. I also have a heated eyelash curler from them. I think it was a bonus. Has anyone ever used that and how did you like it?
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add for anyone on the fence about trying this...DO IT...for the first time in years I don't have to wipe mascara and eyeliner from under my eyes all day long (even tho I don't apply to the lower lid).

I applied extra of the dye using a liner brush close to the lashes using tiny dots and this has worked brilliantly!.

NO mascara and no liner for day time is wonderful IMO!!!!

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the encouragement. I did use the black-brown over the weekend, and it was very easy to use. I thought there would be a mess and there wasn't at all. I didn't even use any vaseline or tape to keep my skin from being stained. It was very thick on my lashes and didn't run at all. I didn't use on my lower lashes this time, though. It is the color of mascara I use. I will have to say that I still have to use mascara because I need it to give my lashes some curl. But I don't have to use nearly as much which means I don't get the heavy looking lashes like I do on some days.
leungmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have used too and find it is great as well.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I've always thought I needed to use some mascara even after dying - mascara adds a little oomph but when you don't use mascara the lashes stand out - and since I do tint the lowers, they look good if I don't use mascara on them.
The tint seems to look great for the first couple of weeks and then starts to fade.

My BF and I are going to Florida for five days over Thanksgiving break and will be coloring those babies up before I leave. (good for those days when you are exercising, running, swimming and don't need mascara running down your face).

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |