Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help, I need some recommendations!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
JTLee
5% products discount

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I haven't been here in forever but I really need some advice. I am sloooowwwly figuring out a few products that work for me...but I don't have it all down yet. It is so exciting to find one and then continue to reorder and SAVE money on trying so many others! But I cannot find a moisturizer. The air is dry now and my face is dry...yet gets oily...and everything I put on breaks me out.

In the summer I wash with Yonka Gel Nettoyant and then use Chantecaille tinted moisturizer (this is the ONLY one that doesn't cause break-outs). I can also use other Chantecaille foundations so I'm wondering about their moisturizers...but the price is high. I also considered a Yonka moisturizer since the face wash works well but I'm hesitating because some of their other products haven't been as successful. I want to keep things as natural as possible but when I went all out with some samples from Spirit Beauty Lounge, Dr. Hauschka, and Suki it was bad news. I have had a little success with Skyn Iceland...but not great. I'm currently using up the last bit of Skin Eternal Cream but even that has parabens and causes some break outs. And of course, I've tried many more just can't remember them all. I'm still using the Gel Nettoyant which maybe is too drying for the winter? But nothing else works like it so I don't really want to start messing with that and spending lots of money only to determine, nothing else will be tolerated by my dry oily sensitive skin! It seems though, that anything that is for acne does not help...except love Best Bath Acne Gel! But otherwise it seems to just make things worse.

Does anybody have any experience like this? Know about the Chantecaille moisturizers? Or have some good suggestions?! Thank you Thank you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
For a moisturizer I would suggest HA mixed with a carrier oil. This has worked pretty well for me and I'm very acne prone. I like kukui oil, its light but gives me just the right amount of moisture. I just mix a few drops of HA and a few drops of oil in my hand and apply. Check out garden of wisdom.
iregal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried any of the La Roche Posay range? i was thinking of their Toleraine cleanser and perhaps one of their moisturizers too?
JTLee
5% products discount

Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:24 am      Reply with quote
oh the HA with a carrier does sound good if it would work. And I forgot that La Roche Posay is the only sunscreen I've been able to use so maybe they would also have something. Thanks so much!n

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |