Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Boxer Wachler's Eye Whitening procedure
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
In another thread Septembergirl happen to mention there was a Doc in California doing a permanent eye whitening procedure ("I-Brite".) I am totally fascinated by the possibility!! Has anyone had this or know anyone that has?
http://www.boxerwachler.com/whiteeyes/

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
wow that looks interesting and I would do it in a heart beat if it was for real and safe!My eyes have red veins and arent that white!I would like more info too
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't had the procedure done myself, but after my eyes became discolored and lesioned from being too dry while on accutane, I researched scleral whitening like a mad woman.

I could only really find cosmetic whitening in Korea so this procedure sounds really exciting as he is the first doctor I've heard of doing any sort of eye whitening in the United States. Though, I feel like he is completely taking advantage of this fact and is grossly inflating the cost of his procedure($6,000 I believe is the price).

I considered trying to get an eye doctor to prescribe me Mitomycin C drops on a controlled regime (this coincidentally is also what this doctor is doing). Mitomycin C is a treatment used to clear up discolorations and lesions amongst those where they can be cancerous, but the end effect is completely white and bright eyes. This particular doctor essentially peels off the top layer of the sclera and has the patient use Mitomycin C drops for a few weeks.

Cool procedure, but totally unjustifiable price in my opinion.

Here is a pdf with more information:
http://laz.paravis.net/pix/laz/eye_surgery/090916-FAQ_Eye_Whitening.pdf
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
$6K is a lot. What does he use? Laser? I guess they're talking about the eye balls, not the skin under the eyes that tends to get purple and discolored from lack of sleep?
minigister
5% products discount

Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Why not just use whitening eyedrps? Innoxa French blue eye drops have pretty good reviews and is safe for the eyes.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Well, after reading on his email it does work, but its 10,000! Also he pioneered the procedure and is the only dr in the us that does it!I would love to have this done but thats a lot of money in this economy.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm hoping someone will come forward that has had it. Is it really permanent? I would do it in a heartbeat if there are no side effects, but there always seems to be a down side to every procedure. Wow...$10K is outrageous and he is definitely capitalizing on being the only one doing it. If it only takes 10 mins to do, why is it 10 grand????

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I thought I had read in his email link that its 45 min pr eye. If you need anesthesia thats 4 grand....and the cost of malpractice ins etc....yes it seems high but I bet you could offer him less and he might take it...who knows.I think I read too that its possible that it may come back...it depends on the individual.
Holmes
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Mountaingirl,

Have you tried lymphatic drainage to clear the eyes?
Mine improved after a course of CACI treatments,but manual treatments might work just as well.
I have gone into more detail on another thread.

HTH
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Well Holmes, I searched CACI on the web and I see that there are Spa's in England that offer that, but I don't think we have it in the US. I am however, going to start using a Vaculifter on my neck/throat so maybe I will get the benefits of lymphatic drainage. I had not considered that as being one of the issues, but it is an interesting possibility! Thanks!

Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I think that if the discoloration is emanating just from the sclera, there isn't much you can do besides remove or slough away the offending tissues, sort of like hyperpigmentation on the face. Though, some types of eye discolorations do in fact come from systemic problems in which case you should probably see a doctor.
oilflame

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
There is another doctor in New Jersey who does the similar eye whitening - Shawn Klein.His process is called IsoWhite. I have communicated directly with him and feel confident about his work and he seems much cheaper (about $2000 per eye). I will make an appointment and travel to his clinic.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking about going to him for implantable contact lenses. I am a bit turned off by the celebrity clients, though. It seems like an excuse to charge more money.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |