Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nasolabial Folds--What's Worked and How Long Did It Take?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Antonia, your cheeks look really good! I was wondering whether you find that doing the Ageless routine has an effect on how long the fillers last? Also, do you think that you need less filler since you started up with Ageless?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I really can't say whether Ageless impacts my fillers. I was getting the folds done about every six months, usually with Restylane. I think that's about average without exercising.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Today, I started using the Angellift dermastrips. I was very surprised when I inserted them and saw that the NL trenches had disappeared completely. This ties in with what both my dentist and a cosmetic surgeon told me, that the issue is a small upper palate. The strips act like big gums or teeth (or a larger palate) and push out the skin around the mouth. The idea is that the orbicularis oris muscle will "learn" to relax and the soft structures above it will remember their pushed out shape and not look so wrinkled (if you have perioral wrinkles).

It took me a few minutes to get the upper strip to stay in as it is straight and so tried to return to its original shape. However, when I put it in the correct way up, it stayed put better. (It is very hard to tell the correct way and you have to look very close at the strip for a little dip). I looked like a toad when I put it in. Laughing It stays in for 15 minutes at a time, twice a day, and you build up to half an hour. Easy peasy. I'm going to take pics tomorrow and stick them on the blog along with more of a write-up. When I took them out, the area was definitely more full and relaxed looking. Hard to explain really. I can see them working effectively for "monkey mouth."

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia - there's a thread here somewhere on the Angel Strips (sorry, can't be bothered to find the link now) - but they don't get a very good review. Practically everyone threw them away.

BTW, your cheeks look fab! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I just read that Keliu. I saw that everyone was chucking them including Bethany. I am thinking they may be better for the deeper form of NL fold and controlling the build-up of the o o muscle, but this remains to be seen. What surprised me was the instant internal fill out of the fold. If I chopped out the front section, they would make a good prosthetic. I actually enjoyed using them while I put my makeup on and it definitely puffed out the tissues. However, its main purpose is to reverse wrinkling by retraining the muscles, so I'm not the right person to comment on that.

ETA Thanks for the sweet comment about the cheeks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
The Angel Lift "effect" is why I've always wanted big teeth! I need Angel Teeth!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The Angel Lift "effect" is why I've always wanted big teeth! I need Angel Teeth!! Laughing

Oh me too, me too... I heard about something a while back that had me all excited however, it's never come to Canada. It cost about $1,000 and is called the Snap-on Smile. It's made to fit and is really a removable set of veneers in one piece. I emailed them but so far no response.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:44 am      Reply with quote
Antonia, this is hilarious-- EDS member Vor had insisted earlier in this thread that the cause of NL's was due to one's teeth! I think a lot of people had written him off, but perhaps he was on to something!

There are probably quite a few different reasons why people have NL's (ie full cheeks, sagging cheek muscles, etc) and thus different ways of addressing the issue.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm.....perhaps I need to go visit my dentist?? Think

When you think of the cashola spent on the upkeep of fillers, thicker teeth just might be cost effective...Very Happy

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:58 am      Reply with quote
We in the UK have a celebrity called Jordan (aka Katie Price) who had thicker teeth put in to make her mouth more pouter and yes it did lift her NL as well. But Vor's point was if you have a big wide teeth, you won't get NL's; I have a friend with a Julia Roberts smile and she has in the last few years developed a serious NL trench (she's 40).

But Antonia I'm absolutely intrigued by the anti-monkey mouth point of the Angel Lift, thank you so much for reporting on this. I'm definitely going to invest now (my take on the Angellift thread was that no one used them long enough).
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Antonia - do your Angellifts have wires or are without?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Miranda, they have no wires and are just flat little strips. It says "Wireless Technology" on the box. Cute. They are tricky to keep in at first but during my session last night, I was able to keep them in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Antonia - As I read this I keep thinking is "I wonder what Don has to say?" Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sis! Lol. He hasn't seen these yet. Last night he had the pleasure of helping me charge up my Tua Viso. He's seen the Nu Face, so this shouldn't be too much of a difference. Did you see the blog pics? I should go back to that other thread to check...

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,
I have been reading your posts and thought I'd ask...what are your reviews on the FaceMaster as opposed to the Tua Viso. I'm thinking of buying one or the other...I am 67 and my wrinkles are on the side of my cheeks, and my neck,under the chin, is sagging. I would love to hear from any of you whether you have had success with these or not.

Thanks,
Very much!
Carole
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
cweaks - I have both FaceMaster and Tua Viso, and Tua Viso is much stronger. One plus for FaceMaster - with its small probes it is easy to treat around the eyes area. If to choose just one of them I would go with Tua Viso.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Carole, if you're in the UK, then I'm selling my Tua Viso. PM me in your interested.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:44 am      Reply with quote
I have never used the Tua Viso myself, but I have used the Facemaster....if I had my choice, I'd try my luck at the Tua. The FM didn't produce any outstanding results for me and I ended up getting rid of it after 3 months...not impressed!

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm afraid I'm totally underwhelmed with all of the supposed skin lifting devices. I've tried a professional micro-currrent machine, the Bellaire Ultrasound, the Tua Viso and am currently using the Slendertone Face. Can't say I've seen any visible results from any of them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Several pages back, someone said that they think NL's are caused by fat and that we need to lose weight to get rid of them. I don't think anyone responded that they agreed. I certainly didn't because I have seen my share of super skinny people with skin overlapping to form the trenches. That said, I am wondering if anyone has seen any difference in the NL's one way or the other with weight gain/loss.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm about to give up on the Tua Viso also -- maybe I just can't figure out how to do it right, but seems too hit or miss for me.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I don't agree with that theory about weight loss per se, but I do believe that the NL's are caused by the fat loss or loss of the fat pads in the cheek area. When we are younger and lose weight, I think those pads stay put and are more resilient in nature...with age, those pads diminish in some therefore causing the skin to sag in the mid face in turn causing the dreaded trenches.

I lost a lot of weight in my younger years and did not obtain the NL's until later 30's...and I was holding at about 125-130lbs when they formed....damn things anyhow!! Laughing

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Surely the NL folds are just caused by sagging skin - either from significant weight loss or aging.

We all do the thing when we look in the mirror and push our skin up at the eye area - and don't we all look fab! Laughing

Hermosa - I had no luck with the TV either - I don't think anything lifts loose skin except surgery. I'm currently using the Slendertone Face and that's not doing much either.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Yes....I have to say I look pretty damn hot with just a slight lift with my fingers Laughing

But I think for those of us that don't have a major sag problem volume replacement, not surgery, is the way to go. It will buy us some time until the day comes we need to go under the knife Very Happy

Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Me: Should I get filler?

DH: Sure, why don't you get it.

Me: Wahhh, are you saying I need it?

DH: No, of course not, but you keep talking about it.

Okay, so let's just say theoretically I wanted filler. How would I go about finding someone competent to do it? I've had resty/perlane injected in the N/Ls with okay results, but I think cheeks are the way to go. I tried having her inject in the cheeks once and it was not a good experience; the product ended up migrating to my jawline (I realize this isn't supposed to happen, but I observed and felt it.)

So, do you walk up to people and ask "hi, who did your cheeks?" Ha. My usual sources of info such as yelp are just not very helpful here.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |