Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Caudalie Favorites - Beauty Grows Here (5 items) glominerals Majestic Jungle Collection (4 items) RevitaLash Simply Stunning Lashes (2 items)
Help - how to get rid of blue veins showing on eyelid?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed a few days ago that I could see a couple of blue veins (small) on the upper corner of my right upper lid. Did the skin get thinner so the veins are showing now? Are these the spider veins people talk about? What can I use to get rid of these?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have a big blue vein right under my eye and I was told by the Doctor it is not possible to get rid of it. You can only conceal Confused
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
yea, I have one as well. It is just thin skin which I was born with therefore its something I can't change.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
oh crap, I guess I'll be looking for a good concealer. Cool Or nice sunglasses!
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
In Elizabethan times fair skin was so prized that women drew blue veins on their skin to give the illusion of translucency. On a more helpful note - light mauve eyeshadow can help disguise the blue color. This color eyeshadow works well on people with brown or green eyes, but often makes people with blue eyes look washed out. Also don't use this color if you have dark circles under your eyes. It will just make you look worse.

You could also try a lightweight serum containing peptides such as matrixyl or matrixyl 3000 or natural growth factors. These products are thought to increase skin thickness and if you get something lightweight enough you should be able to use it on your upper eyelids also. Hylauronic acid with keep the area plumped up and stop shadows looking darker.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks LuckyLouie. I was just thinking if retin-a on my lids makes my skin too thin showing the blue veins. I didn't think to associate that until now. I think I should try Matrixyl products on my lids. Do you know any good one?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:57 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I have a big blue vein right under my eye and I was told by the Doctor it is not possible to get rid of it. You can only conceal Confused

How in heck can you conceal them - I've had one for ages under my right eye and just recently one came up under my left eye - I HATE them!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

How in heck can you conceal them - I've had one for ages under my right eye and just recently one came up under my left eye - I HATE them!!!

I'm with you Keliu. I started noticing one under my right eye approx. 2 years ago and although I do my best to conceal it, I never can completely cover it. I'm also concerned about it getting worse or getting more Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
RussianSunshine wrote:

I once had professional make-up done and the artist used some yellow+green mixture to cover the vein. He spent 20 minutes just covering my vein and has done a good job!
Songbird
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I once had professional make-up done and the artist used some yellow+green mixture to cover the vein. He spent 20 minutes just covering my vein Shock and has done a good job!

Whoa. And I thought I took a long time to cover mine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
But what I hate about mine is that they protrude - they stick out and look like blue worms!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
But what I hate about mine is that they protrude - they stick out and look like blue worms!

Mine does this "sometimes" and it's much harder to cover when it is raised up. Makes me wonder why it's worse some days then others Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Songbird wrote:
Mine does this "sometimes" and it's much harder to cover when it is raised up. Makes me wonder why it's worse some days then others Confused

Yes, they go up and down - probably due to tiredness of something. I'd give anything to get rid of them!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I wonder whether this sudden onset of prominent veins on the eyelids is due to over-stimulation of the eye area?
For instance, over-enthusiastic use of gadgets/massage/eye exercises/strong skin products?
Just a thought...
clouddancer
5% products discount

Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Good point Holmes..I now have blue veins on my eyelids after using RapidLash!
I love my longer lashes but I am thinking about trying RevtaLash. Question
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
clouddancer wrote:
Good point Holmes..I now have blue veins on my eyelids after using RapidLash!
I love my longer lashes but I am thinking about trying RevtaLash. Question

Isn't revitalash pretty much the same as rapidlash in that they both contain prostaglandins?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

True Cosmetics Essential Radiance Skin Polish (100 ml / 3.39 floz) Fake Bake Bronzy Babe Pressed Powder (11 g / 0.39 oz) Skincerity Nightly Breathable Masque (29.6 ml / 1 floz)