Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Kassy, can I make DIY Easy-Eye Tuck and Dark Circle Serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

I so happy you're back for many reasons but one reason is that I've been wanting to ask this of you if you have the time.

Could you take a look at this ingredient list for Easy-Eye Solution Instant Eye Tuck and Dark Circle Treatment and see if one of your recipes is using some of the same ingredients? Or maybe I could use one as a base and add some other actives to it?

I would be ecstatic if I could make my under eye look better without the expense of Easy-Eye. Apologize if this has been asked before..Thanks!

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Sodium lactate, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Xanthan Gum, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Panthenol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chesnut) Bark Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol.
Vor
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Does cucumber work?
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
Hi Kassy,

I so happy you're back for many reasons but one reason is that I've been wanting to ask this of you if you have the time.

Could you take a look at this ingredient list for Easy-Eye Solution Instant Eye Tuck and Dark Circle Treatment and see if one of your recipes is using some of the same ingredients? Or maybe I could use one as a base and add some other actives to it?

I would be ecstatic if I could make my under eye look better without the expense of Easy-Eye. Apologize if this has been asked before..Thanks!

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Sodium lactate, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea), Xanthan Gum, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Panthenol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chesnut) Bark Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol.

Bumping, I have been wondering this too??

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
Hi Kassy,

Ingredients:

Hi Mary, You give me way too much credit, but I'm happy to give you my thoughts.

The main thing I'd say is if this porduct works for you as is, it's worth every penny... A teeny bit goes a long way.

To formulate it with "all" of the ingredients listed would cost quite a bit, and you would only be *guessing* if you had it right..

With that said, here is what I believe are the important ingredients that work to tighten and/or diminish under eye circles, and help in one way or another...

Xanthum Gum - Stabilizer + thickener, and *could* have a tightening effect by accident

Sodium Magnesium Silicate - I'm not sure if this is the same or similar to 'Magnesium Aluminum Silicate', but if it is, it's used in clay masks for the tightening effect, and also acts as an emulsifier + thickener (Do a google to be sure, because I didn't.)

Cucumis Sativus - Cucumber is always a plus for the eye area!

Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract - (Butcher's Broom) Great for venous insufficiency and can actually help to repair the leaking veins that cause under eye dark circles. It increases circulation, reduces edema, reduces swelling and also acts as an anti-inflammatory

Panthenol - This B vitamin is hydrating, has a plumping effect and the ability to penetrate the skin deeply

Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein - This is in quite a few *eye* products. When formulated precisely it has the ability to form a *film* where applied, therebye tightening the skin.. Nope, I don't know what the precise % should be.. Laughing

Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chesnut)- Much like BB it improves venous insufficency, thereby improving circulation, which helps those dark circles clear up

Willow Bark - Stimulates circulation, is anti inflammatory and has antiseptic properties. I believe it also contains salicylic acid. It's also a good skin conditioning agent and is occlusive

ETA: I just have to add that Zach spared no expense formulating this product with great ingredients, and it's worth every penny for those it works for.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am not as knowledgeable about the functions of the ingredients in Easy Eye Solutions as Kassy is.....but I totally agree with her view that it is worth every penny for those it works for. I happen to be one of those that it does work for!!!And guys and girls this is a product that is a good example of "you get what you pay for" Wink !!!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
And guys and girls this is a product that is a good example of "you get what you pay for" Wink !!!!!!

I totally agree, and I think it is a very fair price, especially considering that it does what it says....

For me it didn't work on my huge malar bags, but it definitely *smooths* out the undereye nicely. Zach told me before I purchased that he didn't think it would help that, but I bought it anyway (twice), and have no regrets... (In fact, it's the only product I have no desire to *DIY*... Laughing ) I must admit though, I have experimented with *tweaking* it a bit with extra actives here and there... Embarassed

I tried some on my cousin who was visiting, (46 with loose crepy skin on the undereye), and it smoothed and tightened the area perfectly.

Both of the EES products are top quality and effective as is, IMHO of course.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |