Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Alpha Derma Rant, not raving anymore!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Elainakay
5% products discount

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, has anyone else had this problem with the 4oz bottles of the alpha Derma CE and Facial skin prep? They changed the pump so when you get to the bottom you cannot retrieve out the last of the bottle. Then to add insult to injury, you cannot even pull the pump out or unscrew it from the glass bottle to try and get the last 1/2 ounce out (may even be more)! I tried pliers and cut my hand, I broke the top off the one bottle trying to figure this out. I called Janson Beckett, I emailed JB, and much to my dismay they just ignore my emails and messages. I spoke to someone once and she just said they would get back to me. I wasn't asking for anything, but do expect to get the product amount I paid for and not throw a bunch away! At this price I would expect that. Whats left in my bottle would probably last me two weeks. This customer service has been very disappointing considering I love the product. However, they are ripping you off the last part of your bottle, then making it very difficult to get at! Still makes me mad every time I look at the big gash across my finger trying to pry this plastic insert out! Ugh... anyone else have this problem?
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Elainakay,

Have they changed the bottles lately? It's been quite awhile since I've had to order Alphaderma but I don't have any problems with the one's I've got. I can screw the top off to shake out what's at the bottom.
Elainakay
5% products discount

Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi there... Yes, it appears this is just brand new. this was how my last order came anyways. It has never been this way in the past, or in the past few years I have been ordering anyways. Once you take the pump off (if you can get it out) you cannot put it back in. So even with what is left over you cannot put a lid back on it. It is the stupidest packaging ever, and wasteful of the product at that. At those prices I prefer to use all of what I paid for Sad
Very disappointed with the customer service at JB. I would have thought they would have at least replied to the email sent directly to their customer service contact address. Still nothing. Its been weeks now.
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
This thread hits a very critical point in personal care products and one that I stress often. Remember, you get what you pay for... or sometimes NOT! I often stress that opting to buy a product with very "high end", beautiful to the eye, packaging can be deceiving. You are "paying" for that packaging, and sometimes the cost is substantial. But, the packaging has nothing to do with the efficacy or effectiveness of the product...which is what you really want. In this case, the packaging used actually rips off the customer which is a worst case scenario. Big Cosmetic houses often use the packaging as a sales tool, but don't fall for that tactic. Remember, you are buying a cosmetic product, NOT the packaging which does nothing for your skin!

I prefer simple, low cost packaging that allows the user to use every bit of the product. That's what I use for my products, and that's what I buy when I shop for personal care products (along with looking strongly at the ingredients list).

And, customer service is a critical factor when choosing which companies you will want to deal with. In this case, the customer service was non-existent. When was the last time you tried talking with a represenative from a Big Cosmetic house, or even one of the cosmetic chemists there? It just doesn't happen because they deal with millions of customers, and complaints are often blown off as not necessary to answer....it won't effect their "bottom line".

I answer each and every customer service e-mail and phone call I get, and that is the way it should be. Problems should be corrected the instant they are brought to light in my opinion.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have continued to purchase Alphaderma because I believe it is a quality product that has worked well for me but now I'm hesitent about repurchasing if I end up wasting a lot of product. It does amount to a rip off!!

Hopefully there will be a lot of complaints about this.
Elainakay
5% products discount

Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="brierrose"]I have continued to purchase Alphaderma because I believe it is a quality product that has worked well for me but now I'm hesitent about repurchasing if I end up wasting a lot of product. It does amount to a rip off!!

Hopefully there will be a lot of complaints about this.[/quote

I totally agree. I love the product! I have been using it for a number of years now with no complaints. I dont want to give it up. Although I did try something else from SEphora when I was so mad... but I have returned. I had to reorder, but ordered the small size now with the different applicator so I dont have that problem. But I end up paying more in the end because technically the more you buy the less it costs in quantity. Ya, I too hope people say something. I cannot believe I am the only one finding this to be a problem. Thanks all for your comments.
gailbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:08 am      Reply with quote
To John above- in the summer I sent several emails when trying to place an order that would not go through and never received a response. I ordered other products and have still always wanted to try yours.
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I've sent you a PM gailbaby asking you to follow up with me....

John

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you John for your prompt reply- will do Smile
gailbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
NOTCH, I have followed up with you 3 times since Nov 11th- Not sure where my queries are ending up? I have received no replies. Has anyone else had problems contacting them ?
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
gailbaby, I have sent you PM replies dated Nov. 11, 15 and 17. It appears you haven't gotten them. I've noticed that when I send a PM here, the "sent" box doesn't show the mail being sent for quite a while. It makes me wonder if they are even being sent at all, and your comments seems to back that up.

gailbaby, the best way to stay in contact with Never Over The Hill Cosmetics is to send a direct e-mail to neveroverthehill@live.com

I never miss those e-mails, and I always respond to them.

Hope this helps,

John

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you John. I will try again- I did email your contact email on your site- really strange. Smile

Gail
gailbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just emailed you by clicking on the link so we will see how that goes- thanks again Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |