Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How often should you change a product?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Actually, what I want to ask is how long do you need to stick with a product to see its effect? I read somewhere saying that you have to go through at least a cycle (~28 days) to notice any difference. But there are so many wonderful products that I want to try, where can I find that patience? Brick wall
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I read on skinbio that as we get older skin takes 9 weeks to renew so for best results I would guess you would need to try to stick it out for that long. Saying that some things do seen=m to work quicker. Which is great.
I am trying to give all my products a fair go at the moment and not keep swapping around.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I usually give something 6 weeks unless it is really horrible...I sometimes do trials for ayton moon and the last lot of cleansers ...wheres the puke logo? used 2x and that was it!
Having said that I'm giving the CPs until march which is about 6 months, as there was plenty of info that it can take a long time to work

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that you should give skin care products a chance to work. The full effect can take 1 - 2 months.

However, I have seen results overnight with products such as Clarins Lotus oil reducing oiliness. Also if dehydrated you might see an immediate effect from a cream.
Sweet Pea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree with the others. You need to give the product at least a month to see if it is working. I have in the past only given a product a week. I guess that is why I have so many skincare items in my bathroom cabinet. I look like I am a collector of skincare lines. Laughing
Since I am trying out some new products I discovered off this forum, I have promised myself to use them for at least 2 months before I go on to something new. If they work for me as I hope they will I won't be searching for any new ones. I will stick with them. At least this is my plan. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that you should give a product 1 to 2 months for results to be seen. This goes for any product unless you have a reaction to it. My biggest example with a current product is Sothy's Lip Enhancer. If after one week I judged it I would have said it was way over priced for what it did for my lips. I have been using it about six weeks now and my lips look awesome. Best lip product I have ever used. Glad I didn't toss it after the first week.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm,
I guess I would say that just topically, results will appear faster. Like for dryness, oilyness or irritation. A few days is all it takes. But to see dramatic improvements in a particular skin condition, it would take at least 6 weeks to notice a difference.
Mabsy

Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:34 am      Reply with quote
If I wanted to give a product a fair go I'd give it 6-8 weeks, maybe even 12 weeks. There are some products that are easier to judge (for example masks and spot treatments) but many require a fair bit of time to show their true colors...
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
With all the TO-BUY list and the samples i got, it's really hard to stick to one product for 6-8 weeks. Confused
I found myself to use several masks a night and washed my face several times a night, so I can get to try different stuff i bought. I wonder will my skin gets to so thin with all the wash, scrub, and ..... Shock
Mabsy

Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:28 am      Reply with quote
I have pretty resilliant skin but even it knows when it's had enough. I do sometimes use multiple masks - for example I might use a MDF Clearing Complex then wash that off and finish off with a Dr Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask and perhaps a separate eye mask. But when I start trying different things on a daily basis my skin does seem to get worse...
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Sweet Pea wrote:
I totally agree with the others. You need to give the product at least a month to see if it is working. I have in the past only given a product a week. I guess that is why I have so many skincare items in my bathroom cabinet. I look like I am a collector of skincare lines. Laughing

I too have given products only a week Rolling Eyes , and now I have so many different products that I am also a collector of skincare lines. Must stop, must stop now. Very Happy And of course this forum is of no help with me just sticking to one thing. Gotta try them all Cool .
ceasar salad
5% products discount

Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
i just cannot resist the temptation to try out new stuff everytime i read you guys' comments on different products on the forum Rolling Eyes

i do think that once my skin is used to one particular product (probably a couple of months) then it will lose the effectiveness on my skin ... Neutral so wat i am doing now is using a particular range until i finish that jar/tube ... then change to another range.. and after finish it probably switch back to the previous one...
sab
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Think should be around the average of 8 weeks for a effective product. Our environment and lifestyle affects more on our skin then skincare products... so sleep earlier (if possible) and drink more water. Laughing
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2004 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

In the past I have stuck with products for far too long (sometimes years) and when finally persuaded to change I've seen results quickly -usually within 2/3 weeks. Now I tend to use the best produsts from a variety of ranges and not stick to one range. My skin definately repsonds to having the best of all worlds and if I want to try a new product I slot it into the routine and keep with it for 2/3 months as only then can I tell if its effective for me. During this time I don't change anything else......if I did I would get far too confused about what is working!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |