Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Has anyone used the Xtend-Life products (Cynergy TK)?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Dee,

Have you started using the moisturizer? I'm getting terrible peeling on my face and I'm trying to decide if it's this product that's causing it.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Dee,

Have you started using the moisturizer? I'm getting terrible peeling on my face and I'm trying to decide if it's this product that's causing it.

I'm not using the exact same one that you are, but I believe it's a similar formula from what you and Dee have found. I'm using the Elastica product and have some mild peeling, but I use it in conjunction with retin-a every third night so I can't be sure if Elastiderm alone causes peeling. I can tell you that it does sting my face slightly with application when I've just gone through a good peel, especially around the eyes, so I would assume it can cause some peeling on it's own.

Overall I'm really liking the Elastiderm product. I've only been using it for a couple of weeks now, but find that it's an excellent moisturizer. Hopefully the full 8 weeks will tell if it's truly effective on fine lines/wrinkles. Fingers crossed!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, TAMgirl. I have actually started using Renova once a week but didn't have a lot of peeling until I started the Elastogenesis. I actually feel I need to put an additional moisturizer on top because of the peeling. Hopefully, this is just a temporary stage.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
What is in the product that would cause peeling?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ingredients are:

Deionized Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Squalane, Propylene Glycol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Elastin, Copper PCA, Betaglucan, Retinyl palmitate (Vitamin A), Hibiscus sabdariffa (hibiscus) extract, Calendula officinalis (calendula) extract, Sympthytum officinale (comfrey) extract, Hydrastis canadensis (golden seal) root extract, Agave americana (century) extract, Plantago major (plantain) extract, Medicago sativa (alfalfa) extract, Centella asiatica (hydrocotyl) extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea butter) fruit, Tocopheryl acetate, Zea mays (corn) oil, Colecalciferol (Vitamin D3), Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben

Maybe someone can identify the ingredient(s) that cause peeling, Riley. I'm not having any irritation from it, just peeling.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Skippie. The only thing I see that could possibly cause the peeling is the retinyl palmitate.
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Dee,

No, still haven't received it yet Neutral Probably because I'm in the UK plus we have had this awful postal strike!

Did you use the gel moisturizer or the spf one? Because if the gel one's more for oily skin perhaps it's not very hydrating so you are getting peeling?

Once the product turns up, I will report back with results....good or bad!

Dee Smile
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no, Dee, that's too bad. I hope you get it soon. I'm using the one without the spf, because I have combo skin.
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Oh no, Dee, that's too bad. I hope you get it soon. I'm using the one without the spf, because I have combo skin.

Hey what d'ya know, it just arrived this morning. Razz

The product comes in nice big jar and pretty (albeit slighty damaged but can't complain at $9.99) packaging. Just tested a little out on my hands. Noticed it's quite a thick emulsion but doesn't feel too greasy (on the hand at least) and sinks straight in. Very little fragrance if any which is good.

Only time will tell if it actually works, but feels like christmas came early this year! Very Happy

Here are the product ingredients:

Active Ingredients:

Avobenzone 3% (Sunscreen)
Octinoxate 5% (Sunscreen)
Octocrylene 5% (Sunscreen)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl alcohol, Ceteareth-20, C12-C15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Squalene, Cetyl Alchohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Elastin, Tannic Acid, Betaglucan, Cetyl Alcohol, Steryl Alcohol, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Hibiscus Sabdariffa (Hibiscus) Extract, Calendula Officinalis (Canendula) Extract, Sympthytum Officinale (Comfrey) Extract, Hydrastis Canadenesis (Golden Seal) Root Extract, Agave Americana (Century) Extract, Plantago Major (Plantain) Extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben.

Dee
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I'll be interested to see what you think, Dee. If I can get past the peeling stage, I think I'm going to like this product.
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I'll be interested to see what you think, Dee. If I can get past the peeling stage, I think I'm going to like this product.

Me too, I just tried the cream on my face and it feels nice and hydrated but not too greasy. This stuff has the consistency of nappy rash cream (that's diapers to you lol) but still sinks straight in if you just use a small amount. Hopefully it won't cause any breakouts (keeps fingers crossed).

Will keep you posted!

Dee
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm 99% sure that these products are causing the red patches I'm having on my eyes. The area around my eyes is extremely sensitive and I've always had to be really careful about what I use there. I thought the redness was from the Renova I've been using, but I stopped using the Elastogenesis products for several days and the patches were almost gone. Then, I used the face cream last night and the patches are back with a vengeance. I'm afraid I'm going to have to give up using these on my face. I'm just glad I haven't seen any difference so far in my facial sagging using these products or I'd be really bummed.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, Skippie. At least you know what is causing the red patches, though.
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Skippie, sorry to hear you are having problems with the product.

I have been apply the spf moisturizer daily and so far no problems with redness or peeling but not sure of it's effectivness (too early to tell). It's a very thick but dry cream that you have to spread into your hands and then pat on to the skin.

Also one thing that's bothering me is on the bottom of the jar can just make out the expiry date as 2008....not impressed by that and is making me wonder if it is still safe to use considering we are nearly into 2010!

Dee
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Dee28 wrote:
Skippie, sorry to hear you are having problems with the product.

I have been apply the spf moisturizer daily and so far no problems with redness or peeling but not sure of it's effectivness (too early to tell). It's a very thick but dry cream that you have to spread into your hands and then pat on to the skin.

Also one thing that's bothering me is on the bottom of the jar can just make out the expiry date as 2008....not impressed by that and is making me wonder if it is still safe to use considering we are nearly into 2010!

Dee

Oh my goodness, Dee. I didn't even notice any expiration date. That could explain why the products were so cheap. Confused
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
When I got home, I checked the bottom of the four products I bought. Only one had "08" on it. One had "09", one had "10" and one had "11". So, I feel better since I saw that.
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Skippie, glad to hear that most of your products were not out of date. I will continue using the spf moisturizer but if experience any problems with irritation I'll stop. Did think my skin was a bit dry today but that could just be the weather.

Did you also notice it says 'patent pending' on the side of the box. Makes me wonder whether this product will ever become available from mainstream stores if they don't sort out the patent issues.

And still got my eye on the Cynergy TK products....they will be next on the christmas list!

Dee
Lei
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Read the introduction, I think that kind of day cream in the sunscreeen function, will be even better.
Roni51

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Extend Life Skin Care products for almost 3 weeks and unfortunately it looks like I'll be sending some back. I like the cleansing and moisturizing masks, but the day and night creams seem to sit on top of my skin and don't provide nearly enough moisture. I'm really disappointed because it seemed like these products would work, but just not for me.
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Roni51 wrote:
I've been using the Extend Life Skin Care products for almost 3 weeks and unfortunately it looks like I'll be sending some back. I like the cleansing and moisturizing masks, but the day and night creams seem to sit on top of my skin and don't provide nearly enough moisture. I'm really disappointed because it seemed like these products would work, but just not for me.

That's a shame, but thanks for the feedback.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |