Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Over the counter numbing gel/cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I checked some other threads and they seem to recommend items that you order online. Surely places like CVS or RiteAid would have something similar. I just did my first 1.0mm Dr Roller session today and I am going to need some numbing next time! Yikes! Shock

If there is a thread on here about it already, please post the link, because I'm sure others would like to know as well. Thanks!
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
LMX 4
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
That LMX is $30 for half an ounce! How about 20% benzocaine in Americaine Benzocaine Topical Anesthetic Spray -- 2 oz.for $5.00 at RiteAid? Very few other ingredients, which is a plus.

I believe you are supposed to wash your face again after you are numb but before rolling.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just found Topicaine 5% lidocaine, same as LMX, for $18.50.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Where?

Thanks,BF
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
amazon.com had several sizes but I bought the smallest 10g for my dermarolling. I didn't want to spend a lot of money for something that might not work. I did that already!
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I heard Sally's Beauty Supply has numbing spray with Lidocaine. I looked at the website and I found this product: GiGi Anesthetic Numbing Spray. It has 4% lidocaine. $10.49 for 1.5 ounces but you get a discount with a membership card.

I also spotted antibiotic ointment at CVS (the generic CVS brand) that contains lidocaine too. I think it might be 4% too but I don't remember.

I have used Burn Gel which contains 2.5% lidocaine and it was pretty inexpensive at the drugstores.

By the way, I have tried using benzocaine 20% and it doesn't work very well. It doesn't penetrate the skin as well as lidocaine. Great for the mouth (mucosa) but not the skin.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote
ammoniasmith wrote:

I have used Burn Gel which contains 2.5% lidocaine and it was pretty inexpensive at the drugstores.

I bought the Burn Gel and there was hardly any difference between bare skin and that. I will keep everyone posted on the Topicaine 5%. I just really want to get started on a regular monthly roll starting in January.
Lovelylatte

Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
do you have any updates on how that worked for you?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
ammoniasmith wrote:

I bought the Burn Gel and there was hardly any difference between bare skin and that. I will keep everyone posted on the Topicaine 5%. I just really want to get started on a regular monthly roll starting in January.

I have used Lidocaine extensively for electrolysis and laser hair removal and it is difficult to use. The numbness is very short-lived. Sometimes I just don't want to bother with it.

I have to plaster on a thick layer and put on thick plastic sheeting and leave it there for over an hour. After removing it you have to work fast because the numbness will disappear in about 5-10 minutes. With this method even the Burn Gel with 2.5% Lidocaine will help take the edge off (for me). The higher concentrations of Lidocaine numb the skin a little more but effects disappears just as quickly (generic 5% ointment).

Keep us posted about your results. I am curious how it works for you.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |