Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
What are you wearing to Christmas parties in 2009?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:25 am      Reply with quote
I have a few events. A couple of cocktail parties (business like crowd - but festive). A dinner (with large corporate clients, 5* restaurant, a fun group), and a company party (formal, but lots of goofing around and dancing later).

I want to know what everyone is excited about wearing to their events this year! Types of dresses, jewellery, shoes, makeup, hair... Is there a "must have" or "must wear" this year? I wanna know!

Feeling festive!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Because of the recession, there aren't so many formal events on for Christmas for us this year.

But I do have one company party, for which I'll be wearing a little short-sleeved black dress with sweetheart neckline and a pattern picked out in silver studs, along with a wide black and silver belt that has a large ornate medallion and chains. For shoes, I'll either be wearing shiny, black patent shoe boots or a pair of black satin shoes with silver beads. No jewellery because that would be too much to go with the rest of the outfit, I think.

The rest of the time will be informal, spent with family or friends. For this, I'll probably just be wearing a chic little sweater dress with leggings, ankle boots and a quirky necklace.

What will you be wearing, kareni? Have you decided yet?
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I haven't decided yet, but I wish I could see your belt!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
kareni wrote:
I haven't decided yet, but I wish I could see your belt!

Your wish is my command! Laughing

kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Wicked! I love it. Tell me you bought it in Vancouver... Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
My husband's company throws a fancy Christmas party every year --- I always get a bit stressed out trying to find something suitable to wear. It seems like a lot of the party wear sold these days is so skimpy! Fortunately I found this darling blouse (ordered it in Alabaster)--- I'm planning on pairing it with black slacks and pearls:
http://tiny.cc/nQ7NA

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I love the top Liz.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Love the ruffles! (Have a similar one in black that will probably see one cocktail party for sure.) Not sure what you had in mind - I am picturing fabulous, large earrings...
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:30 am      Reply with quote
kareni wrote:
Wicked! I love it. Tell me you bought it in Vancouver... Smile

I'm afraid not. I bought it quite some time ago from net-a-porter. However, I'd absolutely love to live in Canada - how about I give you my belt and you give me your nationality? Laughing

That's really pretty, Liz.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! Somehow the link got broken, so here it is again for interested parties:
http://tiny.cc/mIIfZ

Kareni, you are right on the money with the idea for big, fabulous earrings. Unfortunately I'm afraid they'd be obscured by my longish hair which I'll be wearing down with just a simple thin black headband, so I'm planning on skipping the big earrings and just making up for it with a big fabulous ring!^-^

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:15 am      Reply with quote
HI everyone Here in the uk the big trend this season is the eighties shoulder pads are back but they are a bit smaller and softer.Sequins are big on tops dresses.Oh ankle boots with high high heels.Lots of chunky jewellery gold is big and silver.Skirts are short and dresses ,get those legs out ladies and for those of you how like me have legs the colour of milk bottles then black opaque tights are in or black leggings.Lots to choose from.As for make up, smoky eyes with big spider like false eyelashes.Big hair, back combed and pony tails.Alkthough I wont be wearing all this at once,too old for that! I will be adding a few key items myself.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |