Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
wrinkles above knees
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
moi
5% products discount

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Lately I have been bothered about the wrinkles just above my knees, which are very apparent when I am standing. Has anybody tried to tackle these types of wrinkles with much success?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:56 am      Reply with quote
These pictures look impressive using Forticelle Elastin Enriching Body Lotion, but I can't tell you that it works from firsthand experience. I've order the body lotion but haven't received it yet.

http://www.forticelle.com/images/Clinical%20Studies/Scar-and-wrinkle-knees_950.jpg

And thank you to Dee28 for discovering these products.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moi and Skippie,

I use the lightstim on my knees and I really think it makes a difference...now that we know that the green tea extract in combination with the AALS, I think it's a winner.

Mary
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
IF you can build your quads a bit... it will help pick up that extra sag...

Leg extensions are good for this...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
IF you can build your quads a bit... it will help pick up that extra sag...

Leg extensions are good for this...

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Claudia; any type of exercise that works the leg muscles definitely helps with this problem. I am sure the building of the quads is most important. But really any exercise which builds and strengthens all the leg muscles will help IMO. Pretty shapelier legs would also reduce your attention to that bulge! Like Claudia said, I am sure part of the issue is sagging skin (since you notice it more upon standing).

Good luck

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Another one to agree that leg exercises can help with wrinkles above knees, not to mention legs overall would look nicely toned. I love Tracy Effinger's exercises she has killer exercises to get legs toned.
moi
5% products discount

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great suggestions!

I guess I'll have to take the extra time to treat my knees like I do my face. I recently purchased the AA LightStim, and will start adding my knees to the regimen, though doing my face and neck is already soooo time consuming.

I have a ski trip coming up in January, and I need to start working on my quads anyway, so hopefully I will see some improvement Very Happy
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
moi wrote:
Lately I have been bothered about the wrinkles just above my knees, which are very apparent when I am standing. Has anybody tried to tackle these types of wrinkles with much success?

Hello Moi,

Basically this is sagging skin. You might want to try Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo program for cellulite reduction for this. It's a dry brushing technique combined with a deep knuckle massage done with oil or lotion for ease of gliding the knuckles. When done regularly, it does indeed tone, tighten and lift the skin. It does reduce and eliminate cellulite too depending upon how bad it is! Just thought I'd mention it. I have drastically reduced my crepey skin on my legs and actually lifted the skin through regular dry brushing with her new horsehair mitt and use of the NLL program. BTW, on her DVD she recommends to the general public something they will actually do which is 30 strokes per area. But, for me in order to really target the skin issues I've bumped mine up to 60 strokes for both the dry brushing and the NLL knuckle massage ~ it really, really works! But, like with everything you need to be consistent and to maintain perform the routine 3 - 4 times per week. I dry brush EVERY DAY ~ makes my skin look younger and more toned and lifted ~ PLUS it has added health benefits like it aids in detoxification and skin cell turnover.

All the best,
Aprile
moi
5% products discount

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile,

I actually started dry brushing a few weeks ago. I do it every morning before my shower, and include my knees. I haven't noticed much difference yet, but will keep at it. I'm not very large 5'3, 115 lb, but am heavier than I was in my younger days, and could use some toning since I sit on my butt most of the day working in front of the computer.

Argh, I wish I could just get a knee lift Laughing
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
moi wrote:
Hi Aprile,

I actually started dry brushing a few weeks ago. I do it every morning before my shower, and include my knees. I haven't noticed much difference yet, but will keep at it. I'm not very large 5'3, 115 lb, but am heavier than I was in my younger days, and could use some toning since I sit on my butt most of the day working in front of the computer.

Argh, I wish I could just get a knee lift Laughing

Dear Moi,

Just make sure you do 60 strokes per area. Once you step it up, you will see a huge difference. I am rather thin myself around 128 at 5'7" and I had that look too, I think due to peri-menopause, thinning skin, and gravity! But since using the NLL and dry brushing it is looking much, much better! Keep the faith ~ it will work!! Take care, Aprile
piglet
5% products discount

Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:14 am      Reply with quote
You can try dermarolling. I have strong leg muscles, the skin around the knees was getting a little wrinkled. I've dermarolled twice (using a 1.5) and it seems to have helped. You could apply rosehipseed oil after. I try to do the same for my elbows. Very Happy
moi
5% products discount

Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
piglet wrote:
You can try dermarolling. I have strong leg muscles, the skin around the knees was getting a little wrinkled. I've dermarolled twice (using a 1.5) and it seems to have helped. You could apply rosehipseed oil after. I try to do the same for my elbows. Very Happy

I actually did roll them about a week ago with my 1.5mm roller. Also, since starting this thread I have begun using the same schedule of AA LightStim (daily if I get a chance), Tazorac (every 2nd or 3rd night) and C+E+Ferulic serum (most mornings) on my knees as I use for my face.

The skin on my knees is definitely softer, but the wrinkles that form when I standing haven't shown any improvement yet. It's really too soon to tell, but I will keep at it.

It's encouraging to know that others have seen improvement with some of these treatments.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I use matrixyl or matrixyl 3000 or copper all over my legs daily, and retin A 3x a week from above to below my knees - seems to help a little.

5% products discount

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Hello people:) am new here, this thread is interesting cos i ve noticed some sagging too, i am 34, i used to do a lot of gym but at the mo i cant. So:
1) Whats dermarolling and what do you need to buy?
2) Where can i buy this AALS, online? I am from europe
3) Whats drybrushing and where can i buy Carole Maggio's? is it a cream too?

thanks guys! I really appreciate God sent me to this forum, cos i also found out about the vit c serum!!! (anybody here familiar with it? I am using a sample of a serum and it contains 10% LAA and 10% ferulic acid..nothing else from the recipe mentioned here though, is it good enoug if i buy the whole bottle which costs 80 euros??)
Bellastella
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:10 am      Reply with quote
You should do some body scrub once a week. After the massage with body lotion

Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I've noticed my knees has sagged and wrinkled badly recently. Besides all the treatment mentioned above, is there any surgery to remedy this ? titan? thermage or smart lipo ?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Carole Maggio's No Lipo Lipo program can truly tone, tighten and lift the skin of the body, as well as eliminate cellulite as well as that "knee socks" look! There is another thread discussing this system. You can order directly off the Facercise website. If performed consistently, it really works. Of course, as with everything you use, it requires maintenance. Dry brushing assists in the NLL process, as it tones, tightens and lifts the skin and aids in cellulite reduction/elimination. She has a new horsehair mitt that works great. With dry brushing and NLL massage technique, more is better! HTH, Aprile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |