Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Which Vit C is your favorite?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I am searching for Vit C serum now, have not used much, the only one I tried is newstrata which was recommended by my dermalogist, but it did not seem to do anthing to me. So, just threw it away. But i just found the threads emphasized so much on C serum,so I want to try it again. But I do not have any idea about which one is better--there are so many different types and labels. I tried to search the threads, but I should say, the searching engine of EDS is awful, I could not find out informative ones though I am sure there must be lots of discussion on it. Please kindly let me have your opinions or, let me have the threads if you know, thanks a lot.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried a few different brands but I always come back to skinceuticals ferlic and more recently their newer formulation with phorlic(?) However shortly I will be trying the c10 from Ultraceuticals an Australian brand.
HTHS:)
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:15 am      Reply with quote
thanks, Pal. It is always a trial error process:) i am looking for a short cut from you girls. Smile)
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I have Natural Wealth Double C serum and i really don't know much about this brand. Their web is on the construction. This brand is very popular here in Croatia, our pharmacies selling lot of their vitamins.
On Internet there is not much about them.

As far as the serum - it seems good to me. It is yellow coloured and packed in plastic bottle with dropper. My skin is very very smooth after applying. But about quality I don't know much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:18 am      Reply with quote
janegd wrote:
thanks, Pal. It is always a trial error process:) i am looking for a short cut from you girls. Smile)

Hey no worries you may aswell take advantage of others experiences. Maybe also you may like to have a look at reviews from MUAwww.makeupalley.com they have a huge range of different brands you can select can have reviews on.
Good luck with your search but definitely a worthwhile product to incorporate. Very Happy
vanbergc
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:21 am      Reply with quote
My favorite is the Skinceuticals CE Ferulic. Not oily...very nice.

Also some good natural brands out there...Skin Organics, MyChelle, Devita... (Skin Organics is my favorite natural brand for VitC)
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I've been looking at Jason's Hyper-C Serum. Any thoughts on this one? http://www.mothernature.com/shop/detail.cfm/sku/84438/S/120105 . I've seen excellent reviews of this product but don't know anyone who has actually used it. I may just have to be the guinea pig. Thanks! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I use MD Skincare and Skin Medica Vit C. Both are great.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmm, just realized I only posted about a potential new C serum. I am currently using IS Clinical's ProHeal Serum which contains Vitamins A, C & E, as well as their C-Eye gel. They also make a stronger C serum, called Super Serum. Love the IS Clincial products!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
Hmmmm, just realized I only posted about a potential new C serum. I am currently using IS Clinical's ProHeal Serum which contains Vitamins A, C & E, as well as their C-Eye gel. They also make a stronger C serum, called Super Serum. Love the IS Clincial products!

Hey JJ what results do you find with the Pro Heal and C Eye gel. I have used a few IS Clinical products and really like them, however the super serum I didnt find worked as well for me as Skinceuticals. Also I havent found a eye vitamin c product that I have liked so far except for Vivier which is difficult to get.. so particually interested in that.
Thanks Smile
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:

Hey JJ what results do you find with the Pro Heal and C Eye gel. I have used a few IS Clinical products and really like them, however the super serum I didnt find worked as well for me as Skinceuticals. Also I havent found a eye vitamin c product that I have liked so far except for Vivier which is difficult to get.. so particually interested in that.
Thanks Smile

Pal, I wasn't crazy about the Super Serum either for some reason, but I do like the C-Eye Gel and I dearly love the Pro-Heal Serum. I use the Pro-Heal in conjunction with the PolyVitamin Serum (one in the a.m., one at night) and I've seen a remarkable increase in tone, clarity, tiny pores, wrinkle reduction.....I could go on and on. The Pro-Heal has plenty of Vitamin C, along with A & E. The Polyvitamin focuses on the B vitamins. The C-Eye Gel is just a very good basic eye gel and it gives me the Vitamin C I need there. I have really been impressed with most of IS Clinical's products. They actually work! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
pal wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:

Thanks Smile

Pal, I wasn't crazy about the Super Serum either for some reason, but I do like the C-Eye Gel and I dearly love the Pro-Heal Serum. I use the Pro-Heal in conjunction with the PolyVitamin Serum (one in the a.m., one at night) and I've seen a remarkable increase in tone, clarity, tiny pores, wrinkle reduction.....I could go on and on. The Pro-Heal has plenty of Vitamin C, along with A & E. The Polyvitamin focuses on the B vitamins. The C-Eye Gel is just a very good basic eye gel and it gives me the Vitamin C I need there. I have really been impressed with most of IS Clinical's products. They actually work! Very Happy

Thanks for your opinion... I agree these products work and I have just started within the last week using the Polyvitamin and really like it. Im putting in an order soon and will order atleast one of the others to try.. cant help myself. But atleast you are right, these products do work well.
Cheers Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
vanbergc wrote:

I vote for the skinceuticals, as well!
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot , girls. Indeed this forum is the most helpful one I have ever seen, it is such a wonderful place to learn!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
vanbergc wrote:

Another vote for Skinceuticals CE Ferulic! It's great!
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
vanbergc wrote:

thank you girls, i have just ordered one. Smile BTW, what do you think about Obagi's C? According to the report of OBAGI, their C is comparatively stable than competitors
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
janegd wrote:
jom wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
vanbergc wrote:

thank you girls, i have just ordered one. Smile BTW, what do you think about Obagi's C? According to the report of OBAGI, their C is comparatively stable than competitors

I think you'll get better results with the Skinceuticals. The addition of the ferulic acid is key.
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I like Cellex-C (haven't tried the IS Clinical or Skinceuticals - which seem to be popular!)
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:13 am      Reply with quote
janegd wrote:
jom wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
vanbergc wrote:

You will love it!!! If you are refering to obagi's Vivier vitamin c range I have tried them and whilst I did really like the C20, I much prefer skinceuticals. I think you have made the right choice for overal antioxidant protection.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:47 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
janegd wrote:
BTW, what do you think about Obagi's C? According to the report of OBAGI, their C is comparatively stable than competitors

I think you'll get better results with the Skinceuticals. The addition of the ferulic acid is key.

I agree with jom. I was not impressed at all with the Obagi C and that one turned color on my fairly quick, while I have not had the happen with the Skinceuticals.
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jom wrote:
janegd wrote:
BTW, what do you think about Obagi's C? According to the report of OBAGI, their C is comparatively stable than competitors

I agree with jom. I was not impressed at all with the Obagi C and that one turned color on my fairly quick, while I have not had the happen with the Skinceuticals.

oh. lucky that I asked you girls' opinion before placing the order Smile thanks a lot for all your kind suggestions.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I have tried vitamin c creams, gels & serums. My favourite serum(s) continue to be Vivier. The Kine-C, C E Kinerol & the IDS High Potency are all effective. There is also a local med spa that has their own line and I like the serum version there as well. The place is called Esteem Medical Esthetics & it's in southwest Ontario. Very good. http://www.esteem.md/ I don't know if they ship but I think that most places do these days.
With the EDS Christmas sale (and any other time) the Vivier is available here at a really good price.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, i have actually just make three orders with EDS, it is indeed a good season for deals though not good for my wallet Smile)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Agree!

vanbergc wrote:

Also some good natural brands out there...Skin Organics, MyChelle, Devita... (Skin Organics is my favorite natural brand for VitC)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Vivier is so amazing. You should read my review
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |