Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best PHYSICAL Sunscreen.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Hey I am on the search for an untinted sunscreen that is purely physical only. I have done a little reading on chemical recently and its really going against the gain with my preferences for skin use. I currently use a fabulous sfp moisturiser but its a combination of the 2.
Any opinions would be greatly appreciated Very Happy
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Devita makes wonderful sunscreens for the body and face!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I like Shiseido SPF 33 a lot - sheer and non-greasy. City Block 25 is fine too but it is tinted. I don't like the one from Skinceuticals as it gives me a heavy masky feeling.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Shiseido spf 50 the cream (ultra sun protection cream for face) and the lotion one are very good and effective and they don't irritate, very popular on MUA. Some find the lotion one to also function as a primer and it is matifying. I also like the Jurlique one spf 30 but it is probably not as effective; just feels very nice and smells great.
rlook
5% products discount

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Two of the best I have found are Osmosis Shelter SPF 29 and Pratima Neem Rose SPF 30. I have tried the Devita sunscreens and do like them, but I like these better.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies, however the only brands we can get here that Im aware of is Jurlique as its Australian and Shiseido. Funny enough I used one of the Shiseido spf a few years ago I think the lotion and absolutely loved it. I wasnt aware however that it was a physical sunscreen, didnt take notice back then. I have some Myer vouchers so I will pop in there next week and grab some again.
Cheers:)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use the 302 liquid sunscreen and add the 302 recovery minerals powder on top. I have not had any new pigmentation come on since I have been using these. (Though I really want to try the Pratima when the 302 is gone just to test it out!)
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE Dermaquest Zinclear SPF30! It's the best sunscreen I've ever used. I've been using it for the last few months and it's great. It goes on nicely and drys to a matte finish. It feels very light on the skin, you can't tell you have it on. I've worn it on very sunny days and did not get red at all. And it has some nice anti-aging ingredients too.

Riley, I've tried the Pratima and it was very heavy feeling to me. I couldn't wait to wash it off. JMHO.
sunlit
5% products discount

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm from Australia too..... I got recommended on the Aust. Vogue forum to try the Invisible Zinc - Tinted daywear. It really is amazing!! It comes in either a tube or a brush on formula - a brush is attached to the end of the bottle. It is so good I use it instead of foundation during the day. I put it on after my shower and within 10 minutes it has soaked in nicely and doesn't feel tacky or sticky at all. I then use a Bare Esencials sunscreen powder on top (retin-a so I'm extra careful) and the rest of my make-up on top. It makes your skin flawless and the only sunscreen ingredient is zinc oxide.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 am      Reply with quote
sunlit wrote:
I'm from Australia too..... I got recommended on the Aust. Vogue forum to try the Invisible Zinc - Tinted daywear. It really is amazing!! It comes in either a tube or a brush on formula - a brush is attached to the end of the bottle. It is so good I use it instead of foundation during the day. I put it on after my shower and within 10 minutes it has soaked in nicely and doesn't feel tacky or sticky at all. I then use a Bare Esencials sunscreen powder on top (retin-a so I'm extra careful) and the rest of my make-up on top. It makes your skin flawless and the only sunscreen ingredient is zinc oxide.

Hey Sunlit

Yes this is my absolute favourite tinted spf, I love it and have backups in my draw, however during summer I really do find this a touch to heavy and am after an untinted. I have tried there face and body but it doesnt work for my face, great for hands though which is why I bought it anyway. But I completely agree with you are far as the flawless finish on the face and you cant forget that fabulous protection.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:45 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
I LOVE Dermaquest Zinclear SPF30! It's the best sunscreen I've ever used. I've been using it for the last few months and it's great. It goes on nicely and drys to a matte finish. It feels very light on the skin, you can't tell you have it on. I've worn it on very sunny days and did not get red at all. And it has some nice anti-aging ingredients too.

Riley, I've tried the Pratima and it was very heavy feeling to me. I couldn't wait to wash it off. JMHO.

Thanks for that, jom. I will save my money on the Pratima then! Maybe I will give the Dermaquest a try when I am done with the 302 sunscreen.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:57 am      Reply with quote
the one I have found with the least colour tint/ white caste is Burnout Clean and Clear.
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
Thanks ladies, however the only brands we can get here that Im aware of is Jurlique as its Australian and Shiseido...

pal, you don't say what your skin type is. I like the Shiseido 55 for face (or the Shiseido for face and body), but also really like NCN ProSkincare's "All Natural" sunscreen, which contains Zinclear (completely transparent upon application). This is fairly rich though, so I'd only recommend it if your skin is dry.
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Someone on one of the other skin forums recommended Natural Instinct Sunscreen...and I have found it to be the best physical sunscreen that is also reasonably priced.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Margot wrote:
pal wrote:
Thanks ladies, however the only brands we can get here that Im aware of is Jurlique as its Australian and Shiseido...

pal, you don't say what your skin type is. I like the Shiseido 55 for face (or the Shiseido for face and body), but also really like NCN ProSkincare's "All Natural" sunscreen, which contains Zinclear (completely transparent upon application). This is fairly rich though, so I'd only recommend it if your skin is dry.

Hey Margot
Sorry I often forget because I can get away with most things without breakout. For the record though I have combination skin oily tzone, normal. However in summer here it is ridiculously hot/humid so I dont go with anything that is really rich. The Shiseido one you mention is the exact one Im positive I used several years ago and I really liked it.
Thanks for your feedback Smile
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
jom. Is it easy to find Dermaquest? I live in Canada and it sounds like a very good sunscreen from what you say and their website. TIA
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

I've tried this. It's unfortunately too dark for me. I'm around MAC NC15 skintone.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
jom wrote:

I've tried this. It's unfortunately too dark for me. I'm around MAC NC15 skintone.

mlrox, which is too dark for you, the Dermaquest or the Pratima? I thought the Dermaquest came in an untinted version, as well?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
harriet wrote:
jom. Is it easy to find Dermaquest? I live in Canada and it sounds like a very good sunscreen from what you say and their website. TIA

You can buy it from skincarerx.com. If you use the code MUA20 when you're checking out you will get 20% off.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
m1rox wrote:
jom wrote:

mlrox, which is too dark for you, the Dermaquest or the Pratima? I thought the Dermaquest came in an untinted version, as well?

I use the untinted Dermaquest.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
harriet wrote:
Shiseido spf 50 the cream (ultra sun protection cream for face) and the lotion one are very good and effective and they don't irritate, very popular on MUA. Some find the lotion one to also function as a primer and it is matifying. I also like the Jurlique one spf 30 but it is probably not as effective; just feels very nice and smells great.

The Shiseido has zinc oxide (physical) AND chemical the oxtinate.

Olay Complete original has the same two filters - smaller amounts.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend this physical sunscreen. It is available in Canadian drugstores.

Cliniderm by Neostrata

http://www.cliniderm.ca/ClinidermEn/SunCare/GentleProtLotionSPF.html
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
There is actually an Australian brand Invisible Zinc that has a fairly new spf that I wasnt aware of. I have and love the tinted version but also wanted an untinted, so this is the perfect find spf30. Im off to buy it tonight. Very Happy
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:08 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
m1rox wrote:
jom wrote:

The Dermaquest - the version that I have a sample of is tinted.
cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard of Synergie sunscreen- Uberzinc? It uses 18% zinc oxide...the highest i 've seen so far. And is completely a physical sunblock with no harsh chemicals. Its also got green tea extract to fight free radicals. The only thing is that its a little bit greasy (i've got oily skin). I've been using it only a few days but am loving it so far. If i do however breakout from it, i will let you guys know.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |