Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
DIY Under Eye Area - Success?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jedder
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
It seems that under eye wrinkles and lines can be the hardest to treat without resorting to surgery or harsh laser treatments. I have had mild success with retin a. Could people please share any success stories they have had with any diy serums, skincare tools or exercises. Question
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
jedder, I have had good results with facial exercises (the eyes have been the very last thing to firm up for me), as well as two product line treatments that I alternate at night. I'll PM you re these skincare lines, as I'm not sure if it's okay to post these on this particular forum. I'm also about to begin rolling under the eyes with my 3-line 0.2mm baby roller for product penetration and will let you know how that goes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
HI jedder - am in my late 50's and had wrinkles under the eyes I couldn't get rid of. Tried
special eye creams, skin active products (which I love) DIY creams etc. Used the AAlightstim
for over a year on the wrinkles and crows feet and had a little success but not enough. It was the Tua Viso with the lifting of the eye and brow area that made the difference. Now I believe that these wrinkles were formed from sagging and once that sagging was lifted, many of them are gone. AM sure face exercises in this area would work as well. DiPhx

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
JJbeacham,

could you, please, share the info with me as well?

It is one of my worst parts - under eye area.

Thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx - its good to know that one of the skincare devices can make this kind of change. Hopefully through this topic we will collect a number of things that have made a significant difference. How long until results were noticed?
JJBeacham - thanks for the pm, rather you than me for the dermaroller! (ouch!)
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
JJbeacham,

Thanks.

Of course I'll share! I'm just going to post what has worked so well for me. If the post gets axed, so be it. I use two different eye treatments on alternating nights. The first is MD Forte Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream, which contains glycolic and retinol. This is a very strong remodeling cream and you will need to layer a moisturizing eye cream over it 20-30 minutes after applying. You can expect some redness and peeling at first, but it is awesome stuff. The second treatment is TNS Night Eye Repair, which contains human fibroblasts. This has had no side effects on me other than elimination of lines. MD Forte Eye is moderately priced; TNS is close to $100. Revitacel makes an eye cream every bit as good as the TNS for $30; same ingredients (Revitacel Replenishing Complex for Eyes). That's what I will purchase when I run out of the TNS. This too is a treatment and although it's fairly moist, you might want to put a moisturizing eye cream over it as well; no wait time required.

I use these only at night, on alternating nights, and it's worked beautifully for me. Undereye wrinkles, those little crinkly things on the top of the cheek, crows feet - all gone. I have been using Neutrogena Lift & Strengthen Intensive Eye Concentrate over each of these treatments. It's a great little workhorse of an eye cream. In the mornings, I use Vitamin C (IS Clinical C-Eye Gel) or, on my copper peptide days, diluted Skinbiology Skin Signals with Neutrogena Visibly Firm Eye Cream over that. I have watched my progress closely, and the two treatments have made an incredible difference within a very short amount of time. The Neutrogena products I have had and used for some time, so I know it's the MD Forte and the TNS that have worked the magic. I hope this works as well for everyone else who tries this regimen! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
jedder wrote:
DiPhx - its good to know that one of the skincare devices can make this kind of change. Hopefully through this topic we will collect a number of things that have made a significant difference. How long until results were noticed?
JJBeacham - thanks for the pm, rather you than me for the dermaroller! (ouch!)

Jedder, my dermaroller is for big chickens like me - just 0.2mm. No bleeding, it just tickles. Very Happy I am using it to enhance product penetration ONLY.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
JJbeacham,

thank you so much for sharing it.
It is perfectly OK to post that type of info, they object when people push their own products, but to share what works - that is what this forum is for.

I am very grateful, and will give it a try as soon as I finish my current products.

Thanks again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
JJbeacham,

thank you so much for sharing it.
It is perfectly OK to post that type of info, they object when people push their own products, but to share what works - that is what this forum is for.

I am very grateful, and will give it a try as soon as I finish my current products.

Thanks again!

Oh, good! I haven't posted here very much and didn't know if only DIY items could be discussed in this section. Thank you for the heads up. Smile

Obviously, any good eye cream will work just fine over these two treatments. The treatment creams last a surprisingly long time as well. I use the MD Forte on the undereye and side areas only, but I use the TNS on everything - the upper lid as well. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi jedder - with the Tua Viso, was able to see undereye wrinkles diminish in about 3-4 months.
There were no side effects at all so don't have to worry about being allergic to creams etc.
However, good creams can enhance the effects as well. Good luck - DiPhx

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
hi jedder, a good eye-cream (I'm using ReVive Eye Renewal Cream) in conjunction with eye exercises (I'm doing Ageless and Faceworks)definitely help me to eliminate the fine lines as well the under-eye bags. With FE's, it may take a few months to notice some significant results but my eyes do look much firmer and rounder than before!

Here is a link to an eye exercise which is a bit similar to one of the exercises that helps to reduce my lines. Perhaps you can give it a try for a few weeks and see if it works for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7slZRfdgzc

Good luck!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Actually I think the opposite is true, the eyes is one of those areas that are easiest to treat with facial exercises, simply because the skin there is thin, but also because its such a small muscle, it can at times build quite quickly.

I’m always leary of recommending eye creams, as I remember seeing a program on tv where they had a plastic surgeon doing an eyelid lift, and he had a device which was like a little hoover and used it to mop up some liquid. When the reporter asked him what it was, he explained that for a large number of his patients, they had eye creams they had used for many years which their body would keep in the eye area and so when doing an eyelid lift, it was necessary to remove the liquid to do the operation. That was enough to put me off.

jedder wrote:
It seems that under eye wrinkles and lines can be the hardest to treat without resorting to surgery or harsh laser treatments. I have had mild success with retin a. Could people please share any success stories they have had with any diy serums, skincare tools or exercises. Question

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
I’m always leary of recommending eye creams, as I remember seeing a program on tv where they had a plastic surgeon doing an eyelid lift, and he had a device which was like a little hoover and used it to mop up some liquid. When the reporter asked him what it was, he explained that for a large number of his patients, they had eye creams they had used for many years which their body would keep in the eye area and so when doing an eyelid lift, it was necessary to remove the liquid to do the operation. That was enough to put me off.

Wow I wonder if that would also happen with retin a and C serums. Shock
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:57 am      Reply with quote
I don't believe with C or Retin A that happens or even with serums as they can be used and absorbed by the body/face, but I think with some eyecreams there are often ingredients that the body cannot absorb or utilise and so it looks for a dumping ground - at least thats my understanding.
Mishey wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:12 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
I don't believe with C or Retin A that happens or even with serums as they can be used and absorbed by the body/face, but I think with some eyecreams there are often ingredients that the body cannot absorb or utilise and so it looks for a dumping ground - at least thats my understanding.
Mishey wrote:

Do you think this could be the cause of "milia?" We often tend to over-moisturize the under eye area in hopes of diminishing the lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Not so sure we can attribute milia to them, as milia are quite common in newborns etc, and I hope there aren't many newborns applying eyecream there, but I'm sure its a factor involved. Milia can also be from oil glands that are not fully functioning but can also be as a result of trauma to the skin itself, so its difficult to attribute all milia causes to eyecreams though, but I'm sure they have a part to play in some cases.

kims wrote:
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Mishey wrote:

Do you think this could be the cause of "milia?" We often tend to over-moisturize the under eye area in hopes of diminishing the lines.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
It seems facial exercises look like the way forward based on the replies. Its good to know that some creams do have a significant impact though.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I tried everything short of surgery, for my under eyes.

I am using the only thing that works for me: Restylane in my tear troughs and a good concealer (Time Balm, Erase Paste, NYC fat pencil)

Problem solved.

For now.

BF
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
sigma wrote:
JJbeacham,

Thanks.

Of course I'll share! I'm just going to post what has worked so well for me. If the post gets axed, so be it. I use two different eye treatments on alternating nights. The first is MD Forte Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream, which contains glycolic and retinol. This is a very strong remodeling cream and you will need to layer a moisturizing eye cream over it 20-30 minutes after applying. You can expect some redness and peeling at first, but it is awesome stuff. The second treatment is TNS Night Eye Repair, which contains human fibroblasts. This has had no side effects on me other than elimination of lines. MD Forte Eye is moderately priced; TNS is close to $100. Revitacel makes an eye cream every bit as good as the TNS for $30; same ingredients (Revitacel Replenishing Complex for Eyes). That's what I will purchase when I run out of the TNS. This too is a treatment and although it's fairly moist, you might want to put a moisturizing eye cream over it as well; no wait time required.

I use these only at night, on alternating nights, and it's worked beautifully for me. Undereye wrinkles, those little crinkly things on the top of the cheek, crows feet - all gone. I have been using Neutrogena Lift & Strengthen Intensive Eye Concentrate over each of these treatments. It's a great little workhorse of an eye cream. In the mornings, I use Vitamin C (IS Clinical C-Eye Gel) or, on my copper peptide days, diluted Skinbiology Skin Signals with Neutrogena Visibly Firm Eye Cream over that. I have watched my progress closely, and the two treatments have made an incredible difference within a very short amount of time. The Neutrogena products I have had and used for some time, so I know it's the MD Forte and the TNS that have worked the magic. I hope this works as well for everyone else who tries this regimen! Very Happy

I have just ordered both creams. Thanks for the top tips.

PQ.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham's advice rocks folks, she has helped me with numerous issues and she is right on the mark!! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I tried everything short of surgery, for my under eyes.

I am using the only thing that works for me: Restylane in my tear troughs and a good concealer (Time Balm, Erase Paste, NYC fat pencil)

Problem solved.

For now.

BF

I have to agree, Juvederm in my tear troughs has been great, just not looking forward to the 'refills'. I got a big bruise and it's a bit pricey, but you can't get any other result close to that.

I have firmed my eyes up with some of the serums from Perfect Complexion. She has a new Eye Dream Serum, not sure it's up for sale yet though and the HA Soy Lift has made a real difference. It took a couple months, but I love them both. If you search on the Soy Lift on this forum you'll see a lot of good reviews, wish I'd listened to them last year Smile
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
JJ,

Thanks for your informative post - can you let us know the active ingredients in these products?

I am trying to better understand how these creams work their magic.

Thanks, BF
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
PQ - you're so welcome! I hope they work as well for you as they have for me.

Toby - you've helped me as much (or more) than I've ever helped you! Thanks so much!

BF - here are the ingredients for the two products:

MD Forte Rejuvenation Eye:

Active Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Retinol

Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Ammonium Glycolate (and) Glycolic Acid, Soybean(Glicine Soja) Oil (and) Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax (and) Tocopheryl Acetate (and) Retinol (and) Ceteareth-20, Isododecane, Glycerin, Cyclomethicane (and) Polysilicone-11, Nylon-12, Microcrystalline Cellulose (and) Cellulose Gum, Retinyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate(and) PEG-100 Stearate, Superoxide Dismutase, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (and) Maltodextrin, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea

TNS Night Repair Eye (TNS is highly proprietary and lists only "key" ingredients):

Key Ingredients

* Human Fibroblast Conditioned Media → A unique product which capitalizes on the physiological advantage of many tissue factors in one solution that interact to maximally stimulate tissue repair.
* Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 → Messenger molecules that repair and activate the neosynthesis of the extracellular matrix and increase cell proliferation. Improves the visible appearance of wrinkles.
* Palmitoyl Oligopeptide → A synthetic tripeptide known to stimulate cell growth, matrix and connective tissues. Helps reduce depth, length and volume of wrinkles and increases skin thickness.
* Retinyl Palmitate → An antioxidant precursor of retinol (vitamin A) that helps increase epidermal thickness. Stimulates the production of epidermal proteins and increase skin elasticity.
* Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate → A stable, lipid-soluble ester form of ascorbic acid (vitamin C), a free-radical scavenger that fights aging symptoms in the skin while enhancing collagen production for firmer skin.
* Tocopheryl Acetate → Stabilized ester of vitamin E that is considered the most important antioxidant and free radical scavenger. Moisturizes the skin from within, to improve smoothness.
* Sodium Hyaluronate → A derivative of hyaluronic acid that naturally occurs in the skin and has the ability to retain water which gives immediate smoothness to rough skin surfaces and significantly improves overall skin condition.
* N-Hydroxysuccinimide → Iron chelating agent, helps eliminate blood cell pigments that contribute to dark circles around the eyes.
* Chrysin → Eliminates by-products of hemoglobin degradation, which aids in reducing the appearance of dark under eye circles.
* Boron Nitride → Optimizes the optical diffusion effect of light, which lessens the visibility of dark circles and discolorations to enhance skin appearance.

There are samples of the TNS eye cream on eBay as well as atwww.skinmedix.com. Skinmedix just had a big sample sale and may be currently out of this eye cream; btw, they have samples of IS Clinical and SkinCeuticals products as well at excellent prices. HTH! ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
PQ - you're so welcome! I hope they work as well for you as they have for me.

Toby - you've helped me as much (or more) than I've ever helped you! Thanks so much!

BF - here are the ingredients for the two products:

MD Forte Rejuvenation Eye:

Active Ingredients: Glycolic Acid, Retinol

Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water (Aqua), Ammonium Glycolate (and) Glycolic Acid, Soybean(Glicine Soja) Oil (and) Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax (and) Tocopheryl Acetate (and) Retinol (and) Ceteareth-20, Isododecane, Glycerin, Cyclomethicane (and) Polysilicone-11, Nylon-12, Microcrystalline Cellulose (and) Cellulose Gum, Retinyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate(and) PEG-100 Stearate, Superoxide Dismutase, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (and) Maltodextrin, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea

TNS Night Repair Eye (TNS is highly proprietary and lists only "key" ingredients):

Key Ingredients

* Human Fibroblast Conditioned Media → A unique product which capitalizes on the physiological advantage of many tissue factors in one solution that interact to maximally stimulate tissue repair.
* Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 → Messenger molecules that repair and activate the neosynthesis of the extracellular matrix and increase cell proliferation. Improves the visible appearance of wrinkles.
* Palmitoyl Oligopeptide → A synthetic tripeptide known to stimulate cell growth, matrix and connective tissues. Helps reduce depth, length and volume of wrinkles and increases skin thickness.
* Retinyl Palmitate → An antioxidant precursor of retinol (vitamin A) that helps increase epidermal thickness. Stimulates the production of epidermal proteins and increase skin elasticity.
* Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate → A stable, lipid-soluble ester form of ascorbic acid (vitamin C), a free-radical scavenger that fights aging symptoms in the skin while enhancing collagen production for firmer skin.
* Tocopheryl Acetate → Stabilized ester of vitamin E that is considered the most important antioxidant and free radical scavenger. Moisturizes the skin from within, to improve smoothness.
* Sodium Hyaluronate → A derivative of hyaluronic acid that naturally occurs in the skin and has the ability to retain water which gives immediate smoothness to rough skin surfaces and significantly improves overall skin condition.
* N-Hydroxysuccinimide → Iron chelating agent, helps eliminate blood cell pigments that contribute to dark circles around the eyes.
* Chrysin → Eliminates by-products of hemoglobin degradation, which aids in reducing the appearance of dark under eye circles.
* Boron Nitride → Optimizes the optical diffusion effect of light, which lessens the visibility of dark circles and discolorations to enhance skin appearance.

There are samples of the TNS eye cream on eBay as well as atwww.skinmedix.com. Skinmedix just had a big sample sale and may be currently out of this eye cream; btw, they have samples of IS Clinical and SkinCeuticals products as well at excellent prices. HTH! ~ JJ

Thanks again JJ.
PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
The TNS Night Repair does appear to contain several proven ingredients. I'd almost be tempted to roll it into my skin, rather than apply it on top of the skin.

I do not understant the whole fibroblasts thingy - wonder if it is marketing hype?

BF
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |