Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Effective Eye Wrinkles Regimen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
This was originally posted on the DIY Forum, but since these are actual product lines, I thought it might be good to post on the Skincare and Makeup Forum as well. I use two different eye treatments on alternating nights. The first is MD Forte Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream, which contains glycolic and retinol. This is a very strong remodeling cream and you will need to layer a moisturizing eye cream over it 20-30 minutes after applying. You can expect some redness and peeling at first, but it is awesome stuff. The second treatment is TNS Night Eye Repair by SkinMedica, which contains human fibroblasts. This has had no side effects on me other than elimination of lines. MD Forte Eye is moderately priced; TNS is close to $100. Revitacel makes an eye cream every bit as good as the TNS for $30; same ingredients (Revitacel Replenishing Complex for Eyes). That's what I will purchase when I run out of the TNS. This too is a treatment and although it's fairly moist, you might want to put a moisturizing eye cream over it as well; no wait time required.

I use these only at night, on alternating nights, and it's worked beautifully for me. Undereye wrinkles, those little crinkly things on the top of the cheek, crows feet - all gone. In the mornings, I use Vitamin C (IS Clinical C-Eye Gel) or, on my copper peptide days, diluted Skinbiology Skin Signals with Neutrogena Visibly Firm Eye Cream over that. I have watched my progress closely, and the two treatments have made an incredible difference within a very short amount of time. The Neutrogena product I have had and used for some time, so I know it's the MD Forte and the TNS that have worked the magic. I couldn't fine MD Forte or Revitacel in the list of products carried by EDS, so I will post requesting that these lines be carried. EDS does carry SkinMedica, the makers of TNS. I hope this works as well for everyone else who tries this regimen as it has for me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this, JJ. I have the MD Forte eye cream and I think I have samples of the TNS eye cream. I will give this one a try!

Antonia had great results with a combination, as well. She used ISC Youth Serum and alternated with the Skinactives I-Bright product.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks for posting this, JJ. I have the MD Forte eye cream and I think I have samples of the TNS eye cream. I will give this one a try!

Antonia had great results with a combination, as well. She used ISC Youth Serum and alternated with the Skinactives I-Bright product.

Oh, you are very welcome! Riley, I remember Antonia using the Youth Serum and I-Bright. I think sometimes the skin thrives on switching things about or using a combination of products. If you can bear with the small bit of peeling and/or redness at first, these products are amazing together. You can also wait 30-45 minutes and then apply hempseed oil very lightly over the MD Forte and that should help with flaking and redness.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to add that, for me, this is an intense treatment that I will use probably 2-3 times a year. After a month, I was able to put this up and go back to my normal routine with renewed eyes. If the idea of glycolic and retinol together (in the MD Forte) scares you, the TNS or Revitacel alone will work wonders. Both contain human fibroblasts produced in labs. The fibroblasts are made from the foreskins of male babies. They are very effective at eliminating wrinkles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
I wanted to add that, for me, this is an intense treatment that I will use probably 2-3 times a year. After a month, I was able to put this up and go back to my normal routine with renewed eyes.

Wow, you saw results in 1 month with those 2 products? I will dig for my samples now!
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:
I wanted to add that, for me, this is an intense treatment that I will use probably 2-3 times a year. After a month, I was able to put this up and go back to my normal routine with renewed eyes.

Wow, you saw results in 1 month with those 2 products? I will dig for my samples now!

Yes, and I don't know if that is normal or not. I'm the only person I know who has used this combination, and I only used it because the MD Forte was just too strong on its own. My eyes were not awful before using these products, but neither were they fabulous. Just so-so. I was used to eyecreams that were supposed to work, but mostly were, to me, preventative more than anything. This actually remodels the undereye area. Or at least it did mine. I can go without any concealer and believe me, that is saying something for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
Yes, and I don't know if that is normal or not. I'm the only person I know who has used this combination, and I only used it because the MD Forte was just too strong on its own. My eyes were not awful before using these products, but neither were they fabulous. Just so-so. I was used to eyecreams that were supposed to work, but mostly were, to me, preventative more than anything. This actually remodels the undereye area. Or at least it did mine. I can go without any concealer and believe me, that is saying something for me.

I started my trial with these 2 products tonight. Wow, the MD Forte burns! I am very surprised by this, as my skin is usually very tough. Well, here's hoping I have younger looking eyes by Christmas!

JJ, I do not have hempseed oil, but I have a few others. Any other recommendation for oils, or is there some special benefit to the hempseed?
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Since I already use Tazorac around the eye area I'm more interested in the Revitacel. Where do you get this and do you use it in the am as well?

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:

I started my trial with these 2 products tonight. Wow, the MD Forte burns! I am very surprised by this, as my skin is usually very tough. Well, here's hoping I have younger looking eyes by Christmas!

JJ, I do not have hempseed oil, but I have a few others. Any other recommendation for oils, or is there some special benefit to the hempseed?

Riley, the hemp is recommended for use over retin-a because of the ratio of Omega-3's to Omega-6's. It corrects any Omega imbalance in the skin and deeply moisturizes without being very oily. However, if you don't have hemp, use any good oil with lots of GLA, which is primarily found in the vegetable oils. I would think avocado, olive or apricot kernel would be fine. The MD Forte is strong, isn't it? Just use every other night and if that seems to be a bit much, every third night. The TNS tomorrow night should repair the area enough so that you can use again Sunday night, but watch the area carefully and if you are crinkly, use the TNS two nights in a row.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom, this is the website: http://www.revitacell.com/default.asp . Click on Anti-Aging and it will take you to the page of products. The product is Replenishing Complex for Eyes and should be on the top right of the page. I don't use the TNS Night Repair except as a treatment at night, but the Revitacel Replenishing Complex may be used twice a day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the explanation of the hempseed oil, JJ. I will check into that. I forgot how strong the MD Forte products were. It has been a long time since I have used glycolic acid! I'll keep a watch out on my eye area for any problems, though I think I will be fine!
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, here is the EDS thread on hempseed oil; Miranda encouraged me to try it and I love it. Although it needs to be refrigerated, I bought mine online and it was fine during shipment. I use it at least 4-5 times per week. I don't use Nutiva; mine is simply a cold-pressed hemp oil. I love it. It's known for being effective at preventing redness/peeling when using retin-a products.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34098&highlight=hempseed+oil

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Neither the MD Forte nor the TNS Night Repair should cause milia. If anything, they will remove milia. The oils may be a different story, but I have never had that result from the hemp oil because of the Omega ratio. In fact, it too should help with milia. ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I just found the huge thread and will read all about the hempseed. In the meantime, I am just using my perfectcomplexion amazing day and eye cream, which I love so far!

JJ, I am curious about using the combo on the lip lines? It seems like it would be a good combo there, as well. I think after I am done with my peel, I will start that combo on that area, as well, and see how it goes. Not sure if that area (at least for me) is too tough for the products or not!
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:02 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I just found the huge thread and will read all about the hempseed. In the meantime, I am just using my perfectcomplexion amazing day and eye cream, which I love so far!

JJ, I am curious about using the combo on the lip lines? It seems like it would be a good combo there, as well. I think after I am done with my peel, I will start that combo on that area, as well, and see how it goes. Not sure if that area (at least for me) is too tough for the products or not!

Hmmmm, funny you should mention that. Very Happy It's pretty effective there as well. I dabbed it on occasionally when I was doing the eye treatments. I'm going to try rolling it in above the lip with a 3-line baby 0.2mm roller. I think with the right penetration, it will be awesome there. You saw how strong the MD Forte is last night, and to me, the combination of glycolic and retin-a is unbeatable. It would seem that the stuff would sear off anything you put it on, but it's made for the eye area so it may not be tough enough without rolling lightly (for penetration only). I only noticed a slight difference, but I was not concentrating on the lip area and seldom applied it. I'm going to check out your eyecream. Is this Julie's cream?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Girl, we are birds of a feather. Keep me posted as always!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I have a question for those using the MD Forte product for eye wrinkles, are you only applying this to the bony area around the eye, or the lids directly? My eye area gets sensitive pretty easily. I find that my current combination of retin-a (.025%) and Elastiderm have made this area pretty sensitive (had no idea the Elastiderm would sting!) so I worry about something like the MD Forte product. TIA!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:19 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:

Is this Julie's cream?

Yes, Julie's cream. I like the feel of that one. I think it has some oils mixed in.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
I have a question for those using the MD Forte product for eye wrinkles, are you only applying this to the bony area around the eye, or the lids directly? My eye area gets sensitive pretty easily. I find that my current combination of retin-a (.025%) and Elastiderm have made this area pretty sensitive (had no idea the Elastiderm would sting!) so I worry about something like the MD Forte product. TIA!

I wouldn't applied it to my lid, Tamgirl. It really does burn, and I am not sure glycolic acid would be too good to put directly on the lid. I only applied it to the bony area, and very lightly!

I'll definitely keep you posted on results, my feathered friend! Laughing
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
geeni wrote:
be careful of rich eye products that can cause milia

Geeni, neither the MD Forte nor the TNS Night Repair should cause milia. If anything, they will remove milia. The oils may be a different story, but I have never had that result from the hemp oil because of the Omega ratio. In fact, it too should help with milia. ~ JJ

The MD Forte has reviews on MUA of ladies that actually had some of their milia gone or reduced with using MD Forte.

I agree that too rich of creams containing oils applied heavily can cause milia if you are prone.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:57 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
tsjmom, this is the website: http://www.revitacell.com/default.asp . Click on Anti-Aging and it will take you to the page of products. The product is Replenishing Complex for Eyes and should be on the top right of the page. I don't use the TNS Night Repair except as a treatment at night, but the Revitacel Replenishing Complex may be used twice a day.

Thanks for the link. I used MD Forte and really like it. But I am always looking for something that works just as well (if not better) and is a little less.

How does the MD Forte and Revitacell compare in results? The ingredients are very different.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:

Thanks for the link. I used MD Forte and really like it. But I am always looking for something that works just as well (if not better) and is a little less.

How does the MD Forte and Revitacell compare in results? The ingredients are very different.

Autumn, I use them on alternating nights because of the very different ingredients. The MD Forte will act as a remodeler due to the retin-a and glycolic content. The TNS or Revitacel will rebuild and feed that area on the next night. If you are already using MD Forte successfully every night, the Revitacel or TNS Night Repair will not be a stronger version. They are used to more or less furnish nutrients as the MD Forte remodels the skin. I hope that's not as confusing as it sounds to me! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:22 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:

TAM, sorry - I thought I had replied to you. It's one of those what-did-I-do-five-minutes-ago mornings. Laughing No, you don't want to use the MD Forte on the upper lid. It's far too strong for me to use there. However, the TNS Night Repair or the Revitacel would both be fine on the upper lid with no stinging. ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
JJ, quick question for you. How much of the MD Forte are you (or were you) using? I am only applying a very tiny amount and wondering if I need to apply more or not? I think I may be 1 week in to my trial right now!
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:57 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
JJ, quick question for you. How much of the MD Forte are you (or were you) using? I am only applying a very tiny amount and wondering if I need to apply more or not? I think I may be 1 week in to my trial right now!

Hey, Riley! I apply quite a bit more than the "grain of rice" amount. I would say what I apply is half the size of a dime, maybe a little more. Hope it's going well! ~ JJ

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |