Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
It concerns me to take a pill orally and hope that it only plumps up your lips. I don't want to hold any additional water. Is there a chance this happens. How does this HA capsule plump your lips and nothing else?

Red Devil... What do you use from for a pump?
Always Young

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
Always Young wrote:
Hi Girls, I'm 64 y/o and continually trying to slow down the clock. I started using Rejuva originally for my skin. ( It does work ) but I had noticed a slight improvement in my small lips. It has :

Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II 900 mg.
Hyaluronic acid 150 mg.
BioCell Collagen II 1,500 mg.
MSM 750 mg

All this as well as other vitamins. I have been considering just using the HA tabs instead. Would anyone happen to know if too much collagen is detrimental to your health? Thanks, I would really appreciate a reply.

Hi, Always Young!

Rejuva sounds awesome. I'm guessing it's in a caplet form? Where could I get some? :p

I personally haven't heard whether too much collagen is bad for your health. I think that if you stick to the recommended dosage, then you should be fine. (I told my doctor a while back about my taking HA, and I asked him whether it was safe, and he said "it's perfectly safe as long as you don't take any more than what is recommended.") :)

My lip update: Still going well with the pump and HA, my lips are still growing and staying plump longer, bit by bit. They are staying red too, which is an added bonus. :D

Red Devil,

Think I sent you a private message; hopefully I'm able to post this - so I am just checking to see if this went through.
Always Young

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Always Young wrote:
Red Devil wrote:
Always Young wrote:
Hi Girls, I'm 64 y/o and continually trying to slow down the clock. I started using Rejuva originally for my skin. ( It does work ) but I had noticed a slight improvement in my small lips. It has :

Hyaluronic acid 150 mg.
BioCell Collagen II 1,500 mg.
MSM 750 mg

All this as well as other vitamins. I have been considering just using the HA tabs instead. Would anyone happen to know if too much collagen is detrimental to your health? Thanks, I would really appreciate a reply.

Hi, Always Young!

Rejuva sounds awesome. I'm guessing it's in a caplet form? Where could I get some? Razz

I personally haven't heard whether too much collagen is bad for your health. I think that if you stick to the recommended dosage, then you should be fine. (I told my doctor a while back about my taking HA, and I asked him whether it was safe, and he said "it's perfectly safe as long as you don't take any more than what is recommended.") Smile

My lip update: Still going well with the pump and HA, my lips are still growing and staying plump longer, bit by bit. They are staying red too, which is an added bonus. Very Happy

Red Devil,

Think I sent you a private message; hopefully I'm able to post this - so I am just checking to see if this went through.

Yep, I got it! I appreciate the info! Smile

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Hi all,
It concerns me to take a pill orally and hope that it only plumps up your lips. I don't want to hold any additional water. Is there a chance this happens. How does this HA capsule plump your lips and nothing else?

Red Devil... What do you use from for a pump?

Hi Sherry!

From what I've read, the lips are made primarily of hyaluronic acid. I *think* HA exists in the skin as well, so theoretically, taking HA should plump up your lips and firm up your skin, since you are adding more HA to what is already present. It has worked for me (both skin and lips), but it's not a drastic change. In other words, I haven't been bloated or anything like that. Bad Grin

The lip pump is a device that draws fluid into the lips to plump them up. You can get more information here:

http://www.vortexhealth.com/lusciouslips.html

It really works. In my case it's taken a long time, but some people see results fairly quickly.

Hope this helps! Smile

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil, thanks for the info.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Update!

My lips are peeling again, which means they are experiencing growth. They are incredibly red and plump lately!

I just noticed a couple of days ago how I can clearly see how they have grown -- my lips are rolling outward, as it were. If that makes sense. The inner part of my lips is coming out; I can see the division between the soft pink of that part and the darker, redder exterior lips. (It's not as gross as it sounds, I promise!) Bad Grin

Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I never got those pictures of my lips up yet. There is not enough change to show a difference. I wish I was having the same result as Red devil.

Red devil, how long have you been using the lip pump? And how long have you used the HA?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Laura168 wrote:
Sorry I never got those pictures of my lips up yet. There is not enough change to show a difference. I wish I was having the same result as Red devil.

Red devil, how long have you been using the lip pump? And how long have you used the HA?

Let me seeee...

I've been using the HA for approximately one year and three months.

I used the pump for...oh golly...I'll have to go back through the messages to know for sure, but I think I used it for five months before it broke. Then I ordered a new one and went through conditioning and used it for a couple of months, then I went through conditioning again, starting Christmas Day of 2006. Yes, it has been a long and gradual process for me, but now I see the value of the gradualness. Cool

Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Hello there!

I have just got my lip pump device few days ago and started the process right away.
Oh wow! I can't belive how good my lips are responding to that!!!
On the beginning I was being cautios and shy about it, but I got a bit more agressive with the pumpings, and no brushing or any other negative side effects on my lips were showing up so now I am pumping everytime i sit in front of my computer .
However the look that I like is when the initial swelling disminishes a bit. I hope I could keep my lips that way!
I have to say that to keep the effect I have been using Volumax (night treatment) and the effects definetelly last longer.
Volumax is not a miracle product by itself (I think we have not found the miracle yet) but contains PAL GHK that stimulates collagen and elastina production -at least that is what it claims-
As I said in combination with the pump the effects were much better for a beginner Razz

Anyway, I would like to complete my treatment with hyaluronic acid orally or, as somebody posted in the past, applying it directly to the lips if it comes in softgel form. Whatever you suggest is the best.
Also I have few questions about dosage, how many miligrams how many times at day?
Any suggestions about brands, composition and others to consider?
Also I have seen the post of always young and that stuff sounds quite good to me. Could you please list all the ingredients?

Thanks for listening a newbie! Very Happy
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:

Anyway, I would like to complete my treatment with hyaluronic acid orally or, as somebody posted in the past, applying it directly to the lips if it comes in softgel form. Whatever you suggest is the best.
Also I have few questions about dosage, how many miligrams how many times at day?
Any suggestions about brands, composition and others to consider?
Also I have seen the post of always young and that stuff sounds quite good to me. Could you please list all the ingredients?

Thanks for listening a newbie! Very Happy

Hi Zenity and welcome to the forum Smile You will find answers if you read this thread, but it is a bit overwhelming. I'm sure there are different opinions about HA, and it seems as if different brands and contents work for different people. Anyhow, my impression is that HA taken orally generally gives resulst over topically HA. (Something about penetration).

Furthermore, I think the brands members have mentioned working include Narure's Way Hydraplenish and Source Natuals HA (not to be mixed with Skin Eternal). Other brands are probably good too. Key is to drink lots of water during the day. Also, you should "kick start" with a larger dose to get an effect, then maintain. I don't remember suggested dosages, but you will find it in the thread. Also, look for Biocell Collagen II in the supplements you chose along with enough HA. I'm sure this, again, is individual as far as what works. Remember to give it some time to "work", a theory is that the HA initially travels where your body "needs it first", e.g if you have joint pain, back aches etc, it might help there first. Some have also reported HA plumping fine lines in the face (HA is natually in the skin).
Also, there might be different opinions whether HA supps are good for you. Personally, I found statements on the web a bit vague, and wasn't very worried about the whole thing.

All that said, HA didn't work for me. If it did, I couldn't notice the results. Perhaps it will complement your results with the pump. Hope it works better for you than me Smile

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
Always Young

Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Zenity,

The ingredients listed on the bottle of Rejuva are:

BioCell Collagen II 1500 mgs.
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) 150 mg.
Chondroitin Sulfate 300 mg.
MSM 750 mg.
Vitamin A 1000 IU
Vitamin C 100 mg
Vitamin D 100 IU
Vitamin B1 ( thiamin ) 5 mg.
Vitamin B2 ( riboflavin ) 5 mg.
Niacin 5 mg.
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) 5 mg.
Folic Acid 200 mg.
Vitamin B12 ( cyanocobalamin) 20 mcg.
Pantothenic Acid 50 mg.
Silicon 30 mg
Grape Seed Extract 50 mg.
Alpha Lipoic Acid 25 mg.

I have been taking this product for a year. I noticed it gave me a more youthful, plumper look to my face. Upon reading the comments on this forum, I became more interested in the HA and have taking that instead for the past week.
I still am not sure whether I should be taking all that collagen and that is why I decided to make a change. However, with the Rejuva, it only took a couple months for me to see the improvement in my skin. I would think that a younger person would see it more quickly. As for my lips, I have seen a slight fullness with the Rejuva but would like to have more.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Thnx Always young, it really seems to have a lot more ingredients than I thought.
I want to order some supplements myself and I am not sure if I should research for an all-in-one or if it is better to take them separately so you can control better the percentage of each one you are taking.
BTW, what is the daily dose recommended for hyaluronic acid or collagen? I have no idea!

Thanks again¨!
Always Young

Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity, Your Welcome. I followed the Suggested Use for the Rejuva and started with 6 capsules daily, then 4 capsules a day which is the Serving Size. Although when I spoke with the receptionist on the phone she had said that some people have results with only three daily.
I understand how you feel about taking something that is all-in-one. That's how I feel. In January, I plan to visit a Nutritionist and will take the Rejuva with me. At that time, I will let you know what he said.
Prior to taking the Rejuva, I had been getting Restylene ( which is HA ) injections but they only lasted 3-3-/2 months. Since taking the Rejuva, I can go 4 to 6 weeks longer. My Dermatologist told me that HA automatically begins to encourage the growth of Collagen anyway. That is why I switched to the HA recently. Hope I wasn't too long-winded with this message.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I guess the hyaluronic acid is something very personal and doesn't work the same way for everybody... Too bad!
I think that I will experiment with it and see what happens.
So far the pumping effects have been lasting for more than 7 hours reducing gradually.
I am really excited!
I have been using the pump for just few days and this is very encouraging.

It it gets better I will be thrilled.

Ziggy thanks a lot for your comments
Always young I would love to hear what your nutritionist have to say about the balance dossage of supplements you should take.

Now that baby is sleeping I am going to have my night session of pumping and see how my lips are tomorrow morning.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Well, something really strange is happening with my pump.
I haven't pump for a whole day and night, I had to go out and did not bring the luscious lips pump with me. Somehow I have noticed that the volume of my lips has diminished while not using the pump.
Don't misunderstand me, it is not that they went back to normal.
It is that they are smaller than normal!!!!
This is really freaking me out. Anybody else with the same experience?
Red Devil, did this happen to you when you first started pumping?
I am not sure about what to do...
If I keep using the pump but does not work to keep the results for me: Does that mean that as soon as I stop my lips will look even smaller than they were before????
Please! Help!
TIA
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Well, something really strange is happening with my pump.
I haven't pump for a whole day and night, I had to go out and did not bring the luscious lips pump with me. Somehow I have noticed that the volume of my lips has diminished while not using the pump.
Don't misunderstand me, it is not that they went back to normal.
It is that they are smaller than normal!!!!
This is really freaking me out. Anybody else with the same experience?
Red Devil, did this happen to you when you first started pumping?
I am not sure about what to do...
If I keep using the pump but does not work to keep the results for me: Does that mean that as soon as I stop my lips will look even smaller than they were before????
Please! Help!
TIA

Hi Zenity,

YES, this did happen to me. It happened after the two-week conditioning period, in the time that I was beginning to do longer pulls. At first I thought it was my imagination, but soon I couldn't deny that my lips WERE smaller.

I remember that, during the time this happened, I was using the pump too aggressively because I was impatient for results. When I used the pump only a little over the next couple of days, my lips went back to normal.

I know that you said that you didn't use the pump for a day or so, and that's when this weird phenomenon happened. Usually for me it's the opposite: if I skip using the pump for one or two days, my lips plump up more easily and stay plump longer when I use the pump again. But then again, I've been using the pump for over a year, so maybe my lips are conditioned differently.

I would suggest using the pump very gently for the next few days, and see if your lips return to normal. I think that, in your stage of use, you should definitely use the pump every day to get your lips used to it.

I hope this helps, and that your lips return to normal. I know how weird it is to look in the mirror and see smaller lips -- I was pretty freaked out when it happened to me too! Embarassed

Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot Red Devil!
What a relief! pheeeew!
I will follow your suggestions and see what happens.

Thanks again!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:59 am      Reply with quote
No problem! Glad I could help.

Let us know how it goes! Cool

Lynnvi

Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I'm new here and this was the first forum that caught my attention so I picked up a bottle of "Nature's Bounty" at Walgreens w/20mg of HA.
Wow I cant believe this actually works! Within four hours of taking it I could feel my lips tightening and plump. I am on my third day of taking this now and I also noticed that my face is a lot clearer. I don't if anyone would believe me but my chest got very round and plump also. Weird huh? My skin is softer and the little crow's feet that I had from laughing too much are completely gone. I know this sounds too good to be true but it is for me that is. Thanks CareKate and everyone whom shared their experience on here. Wink

Lynnvi
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Lynnvi wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm new here and this was the first forum that caught my attention so I picked up a bottle of "Nature's Bounty" at Walgreens w/20mg of HA.
Wow I cant believe this actually works! Within four hours of taking it I could feel my lips tightening and plump. I am on my third day of taking this now and I also noticed that my face is a lot clearer. I don't if anyone would believe me but my chest got very round and plump also. Weird huh? My skin is softer and the little crow's feet that I had from laughing too much are completely gone. I know this sounds too good to be true but it is for me that is. Thanks CareKate and everyone whom shared their experience on here. Wink

Lynnvi

Cool that it worked so well for you Smile

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
Esmeralda

Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
All right, ThatGirl – here’s the lowdown once again on the HA/collagen supplements:

As many of us have found, the Spring Valley supplement from Walmart is not as effective as the HA/collagen supplements containing “Biocell II” collagen...this type of collagen is the one that all of us have found gives the most uniform results for those who’ve actually seen plumper lips as a result of taking these supplements.

The "Health Logic Derma Beauty HA Capsules, 60-count" brand you mentioned (supposed to be available at GNC stores nationwide) contains the magic “Biocell Collagen II” ingredient, but pretty expensive at nearly $40USD per bottle. Personally, I’ve been using the following supplement:

“Source Naturals - Skin Eternal - Hyaluronic Acid” supplements for $11.49USD for 30 capsules, ingredients (per capsule):
• Protein 1 g
• Calcium 140mg
• Biocell Collagen II yielding:
» Type II collagen 600 mg
» Chondroitin Sulfate 200 mg
» Hyaluronic Acid 100 mg

This supplement is available nationwide at Whole Foods (health food) stores – look in the Vitamins/Nutritional Supplements - Arthritis/Joint Health aisle...but don’t the sales assistant you’re wanting to buy it to plump your lips because they’ll probably think you’ve lost your mind!!

Try taking two of Source Naturals caplets per day to “kick-start” your lips then after 2-3 days, you can cut back to one tablet per day to maintain your lip plumpness. If this doesn’t work for you, then you might simply be one of the few ladies whose lips simply do not respond to these supplements. Crying or Very sad In which case, I would suggest trying the new LipFusion lip plumper from Sephora....

FYI - it’s actually the Spring Valley supplement that you’re currently taking that give MystyPines and Ajax the gassy stomach (it’s the Chondroitin Sulfate that triggers the gas), so if you’re not belching or pooting yet, you’ll probably be okay.

And finally, no – these supplements won’t make you gain weight or become “puffy” (i.e.: your body isn’t going to plump up, just your lips!).

Hi everbody this is my first post although certainly not the first time I've read this thread topic

Are you taking the 100mg ones or the 50mg ones

Thanks
Esmeralda

Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
Update!

My lips are peeling again, which means they are experiencing growth. They are incredibly red and plump lately!

I just noticed a couple of days ago how I can clearly see how they have grown -- my lips are rolling outward, as it were. If that makes sense. The inner part of my lips is coming out; I can see the division between the soft pink of that part and the darker, redder exterior lips. (It's not as gross as it sounds, I promise!) Bad Grin

Hi, Red Devil

What is the name of the supplements you are taking and how many are you taking per day, do you have to take them with meals? Also how many mg are they?

Thanks, Esmeralda
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Esmeralda wrote:
Red Devil wrote:
Update!

Hi, Red Devil

What is the name of the supplements you are taking and how many are you taking per day, do you have to take them with meals? Also how many mg are they?

Thanks, Esmeralda

Hi Esmerelda! (I LOVE the Disney version of The Hunchback Of Notre Dame Very Happy )

I am taking Rexall HA, 20 mg per capsule. I usually take two in the morning, and two in the afternoon. Occasionally I take one before going to bed. (The recommended dosage is one to four capsules daily.)

I usually don't take them with a meal, but I have never noticed any ill effects.

I hope this helps! Smile

Shanynn

Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all! I've been following this thread forever! I just finished my conditioning period with the lip pump (I got it for Christmas- woo hoo!) and I'm wondering how often I can do the 10 second pulls... What's been your experience? Should I limit it to once per day for 5 pulls? Or can I do it twice per day? I'm also taking the HA supplements and I'm LOVING my lips!
Thanks for all the info ladies!
~Shay
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |