Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JustMe2009

Tue May 12, 2009 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh one more thing...where can I purchase City Lips? I'd rather buy in a local store if possible.

Thanks!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 12, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
JustMe2009 wrote:
Whoah vanilj...Are you serious? I have estrogen dominance and I'm on birth control with the lowest estrogen and progesterone so now I'm scared. Will the HA really cause that problem as it runs in my family...scary! Shock

So Ladies...I have to say that I'm very disappointed. I am taking collagen capsules and the HA 20mg tablets three times a day and three times each...9 pills a day and I see no improvement and it's been about a week. Sad The brand is Spring Valley. Any suggestions? Maybe I should opt for the lip implant haha.

It must have HA and BioCell Collagen II in it. Do a search on that. Doctor's Best has Iherb.com has best prices. A company called Source Naturals Skin Eternal Line also has the HA with the BioCell Technology. I was told only really have results with that.

City Lips is not sold at Sephora anymore. Only online.
JustMe2009

Wed May 13, 2009 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ok...so if I purchase this....does it really really work? I don't want to get too excited and then a letdown. Sad If it truly worked for you please let me know the website you purchased it from. Surprised I am so excited.

Thanks for your help.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 13, 2009 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
I started this thread and posted my pics:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33742&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

It is sold out everywhere and we are looking for more sources.
JustMe2009

Thu May 14, 2009 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ok...I've contacted both Source Naturals and Best Doctors at 800-800-8849 and 800-559-2873. They do not sell to consumers and no health stores carry the HA with Biocell Collagen II. Crying or Very sad
JustMe2009

Thu May 14, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
BUT I think I found one that will sell to customers...but they are closed...crap. Vitanet....I will try tomorrow. Pray
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/itemKey/69015

justme, luckyvitamin's a decent site too.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 15, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
This is where I get mine.

http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Hyaluronic-Acid-with-Chondroitin-Sulfate-60-Capsules/4457

Retail: $21.99
Our price: $12.16 4 for $47.42 12 for $138.62
Savings of: $9.83(44.70 %)
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I love fusion beauty lipfusion
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 7:42 am      Reply with quote
semolinapilchard wrote:
http://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/itemKey/69015

justme, luckyvitamin's a decent site too.

Hey your place is a better deal! I will go there next time. How is shipping? quick enough?
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 18, 2009 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
yeah, actually. it didn't suck- have only ordered through them once so far but was about four days from ordering to doorstep.
therisa
5% products discount

Tue May 19, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy wrote:
JustMe2009 wrote:
Whoah vanilj...Are you serious? I have estrogen dominance and I'm on birth control with the lowest estrogen and progesterone so now I'm scared. Will the HA really cause that problem as it runs in my family...scary! Shock

So Ladies...I have to say that I'm very disappointed. I am taking collagen capsules and the HA 20mg tablets three times a day and three times each...9 pills a day and I see no improvement and it's been about a week. Sad The brand is Spring Valley. Any suggestions? Maybe I should opt for the lip implant haha.

It must have HA and BioCell Collagen II in it. Do a search on that. Doctor's Best has Iherb.com has best prices. A company called Source Naturals Skin Eternal Line also has the HA with the BioCell Technology. I was told only really have results with that.

City Lips is not sold at Sephora anymore. Only online.

If you compare the Source Naturals Skin Eternal and the their Hyaluronic Acid capsules, they have the same nutritional values. Same amount of Collagen, etc....
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
It sure does! I never even bothered to look. It has the Bio Cell tech so why do they have it on both lines?
therisa
5% products discount

Tue May 19, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy wrote:
It sure does! I never even bothered to look. It has the Bio Cell tech so why do they have it on both lines?

Probably to appeal to different markets. The skin Eternals appeals to us junkies and the HA appears to the others, for joint etc... Very Happy
blondehart
5% products discount

Fri May 22, 2009 4:27 am      Reply with quote
I got my Hyaluronic Acid & have been taking it for the past 4 days.

I have chronic lyme pains so this may help my joints before my lips...but that's okay, too Smile

Mon May 25, 2009 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I've read through the 45 pages of this topic and something has not been discussed. There are 2 types of HA: one that is dervived from animal source (chicken) and the other Microbial Fermentation.

I have the Micro fermentation from SOLORAY Hyaluronic Acid, 20mg.

I'm on my 2nd day, I take 2 in the am and 2 in the pm for 80mg total. So far no effect.

Soloray claims the mircobial fermentation produces the purest form of it.

Anyone else using this?
minze
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using a new lip plumping device the past couple of days that I think works much better than Rowland's luscious lips. It's the CosmeSearch Jolie Lips, Lip Plumper. (You can find it here: http://www.cosmesearch.com/jolielips/index.html) It delivers some POWERFUL suction for a lot LONGER which for me results in major plump lips. But just like LL, the plump doesn't last all day. It only cost $14.95 which is the reason I took a chance and tried it. They also sell a lip plumping balm, but I didn't order it. I use the device on clean skin w/out any sort of topicals.

cubancurls, I'm vegetarian (although I eat animal products like eggs which I love) and the HA pills I've been using are from NOW. It's a vegetarian formula and it also contains MSM. Just wanted to let you know that a veggie formula works for me.
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
minze wrote:
I think works much better than Rowland's luscious lips. It delivers some POWERFUL suction for a lot LONGER which for me results in major plump lips. But just like LL, the plump doesn't last all day.

interesting. i've been using the ll for a couple weeks- does it work in a similar way with the physical 'pump' action? i had a little trouble figuring it out from the site. if you are able to estimate the improvement in lasting power, i'd be very interested.
minze
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
semolinapilchard, with both LL and Cosmesearch Jolie Lips the plump doesn't last all day. I'm not sure which has more lasting power as I'm not constantly looking at my lips. For now, all I know is that by the end of the day, my lips are no longer plump. I will try and make a closer observation and report back.

I've had LL about 4 months and JL about 2 days, but I think JL is better for the following reasons:

1) Stronger suction
LL works like a piston pump...pulling back the tube sucks air into the cylinder. JL has a mouthpiece (similar to LL but smaller) attached to a rubber ball...squeezing the ball creates the suction. It's such a strong suction that I can let the device DANGLE from my mouth without holding it. I can make my lips HUGE. With LL, it's too easy to break the suction by pulling the tube too far or not positioning it just right.

2) No dye shed
My LL won't stop shedding this annoying red dye. The JL is white, no dyes.

3) Easier maintenance and cleaning
LL has to be maintained by lubricating the tube to improve the suction. It cannot be submerged in water for cleaning.

The instructions that came with JL didn't mention any such maintenance. I'm assuming it would also be OK to submerge it in water to clean, but I'm not certain. I used a peleusball (rubber ball used in pipetting) in the research lab and it was fine to rinse it with water. I plan to email the company and ask about this.

Oh, and the picture on their site isn't drawn to scale. the actual device is a little larger.

HTH Smile
cubancurls

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Minze: Oh noooooooo!!!!!! You've got me considering this new JOLIE LIPS LIP PUMP.

Years ago, I bought the LL off ebay for $29 (I see it's selling for $54 now) I really didn't like it, I felt silly using the apparatus on my lips. The plump, for me, lasted only a few minutes so I threw it away! I only had it for a few days, maybe I didn't give it enough chance.

How long would you say the 'pump' last on you?
cubancurls

Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Minze: just thought of a question; you stated you've had the LL for a couple of years, have you found that the inflating/deflating of your lips has created 'lip wrinkles'?
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
yes minze, very helpful- thanks for taking the time to help. especially good to know its approx size as i was thinking it'd be a more portable alternative.
cmcjiff

Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
New to the board, but have been reading for the past few days. Great bunch of ladies here and very informative posts!

I looked at Vitacost and found:

NSI Hyaluronic Acid with BioCell Collagen II® -- 100 mg - 240 Capsules

How do you think that would work?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:08 am      Reply with quote
http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-Hyaluronic-Acid-with-Chondroitin-Sulfate-60-Capsules/4457?at=0 This is the one that me and my friends take and it has really helped us and unlocked our trigger fingers....read the reviews they are utstanding , its very cheap and this company is very fast shipping within 2 days.
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Minze, thank you for the link to a very interesting site. The products look intriguing and the prices are very reasonable.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |