Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Ummmm
I am afraid your logic alludes me! You don't know much about Oz but he's a good self promoter? Just what is he promoting? He has loads of researchers doing all this for him, I would think he has the very latest info provided by his team of researchers, you didn't catch the little bit on collagen that I saw, he didn't miss a beat. Ever see the good in people and assume he has no reason and nothing to gain from the comment? The companies selling and sales people certainly do it is called money. I just keep an open mind as stated before and want more information to see what is fact and what is fiction!
HTH
DM

5% products discount

Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
Ok so my bottom lip feels a little daffy duck like, as if I got my treatments , can't tell in the mirror to much. Only thing is my upper eye lids are drooping. I don't know if taking H.A. has anything to do with it and I'm trying to think exactly what I ate yesterday to see if maybe I had to much salt-(candy corn not included) So I'm going to lay off the vitamins for a few days. I have to keep lifting my eye brow up with all my moisturizers to keep my lid from falling down to lower one- unreal! This would only happen to me. Has anyone experienced this? Crying or Very sad
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Nice way to misinterpret my comment. It's okay for MDs -- and everyone else -- to say "I don't really know" once in a while. In real life, docs do that a lot, but the celeb docs seem fearful of appearing ignorant and adversely affecting their ratings.

Any doctor -- or lawyer, engineer, architect, ice skater, whatever -- who has a regular tv show is in the business of self-promotion. That's not a bad thing. I admire good self-promoters! But the fact that they are good at self-promotion does not mean that they are necessarily good (or bad) at their profession.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa,
I think you misinterpreted my comment, he didn't say "I don't know" he answered a question asked of him period. I am not saying you should take what he said as gospel, I also don't think it should be dismissed out of hand. You seem to know more about this Doctor than I do, yet I don't see an answer as to what products he promotes??
I have met many terrible MD's as well as Nurses, I have also met many great ones. I don't look at any professionals as Gods, and never hesitate to question anything I want clarification, and will refuse some recommendations if they don't sit well with me.
I did mention that his statement should be investigated! Any educated consumer should do their homework.
Like the saying goes "minds are like parachutes, they only work when open"

Sorry you took my post out of context.
I just posted my personal opinion, and asked a few valid questions.

IMHO
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Part of another study link to full site provided

When you take collagen supplements, they are broken down to their component amino acids by stomach acid.  Whether those amino acids will recombine to form collagen or even if the body will use them, is unknown.  The only known benefit, as I mentioned above is to improve protein intake.  But, there are other supplements that are more effective, and less expensive, even for that purpose.

http://www.articlesbase.com/skin-care-articles/the-scoop-on-collagen-supplements-686928.html

5% products discount

Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Darkmoon - From what I read collagen comes from the jelly like substance in our eyes.(or something like that)
My upper eye lids are still so droopy.Waiting on a reply from some members that went through the same as I. wave
Wondering how long for lids to return to normal. Been H.A. free for 48 hrs. Help!! Pray
Floyd fan here...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
howdy59,
the collagen is still in question? How does a supplement know where to go in the body even if it isn't destroyed by the acid in our stomachs?
There are animal based collagen as well as plant based. I am thinking it is destroyed by the stomach acid as in one link above a seller claims to have a work around by taking it on an empty stomach, and drinking a glass of water. I am not convinced as they are trying to sell the product.
Sorry,
JMHO
DM

Major Floyd fan, saw them live 6 times, first tine at the Kennedy Center!

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
howdy59 wrote:
Thanks Darkmoon - From what I read collagen comes from the jelly like substance in our eyes.(or something like that)
My upper eye lids are still so droopy.Waiting on a reply from some members that went through the same as I. wave
Wondering how long for lids to return to normal. Been H.A. free for 48 hrs. Help!! Pray
Floyd fan here...
Anne Dean

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
howdy59 wrote:
Floyd fan here...

Not a big help regarding the vitamins, but for sollution to tighten-up looks overall....

For those who were asking on how to increase lip volume and restore the attractive shape; and tighten up the contours around the eyes. My best improvement is with my lips. No longer thin and a bit mis-shaped with a downward turn. The Tua Viso e-stim product did it for me and I swear by it. My lips are nicely shaped and as full as they were in my twenties. It's improved many areas of my face, thicker healthier skin allover, fuller cheek 'apples' too. I've just purchased the Tua Tre'nd which works just as well, with the added option to tone stomach and flabby arms. Love both machines -- won't do without them.
siany90

Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
holy moley what a thread! is anyone still using H/A caps and seen a long term result in fullness/plumpness etc? has anyone noticed a decrease in effectiveness after a period of time? I know the thread was started a few years ago but it would be awesome to get some updates!
Thanks a bunch
claudietta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:18 am      Reply with quote
hello girl!
the only tools or metod who really really work for lip increase is rugalift, l've it since around 5 years, l've buy one for the secon time, last yeas cuz l broken it
it work fabulous for the lip...you can use also for other face line, but l do not like so much how it work on my skin, for me it is not good for the face , but l do know many person use it one the face line, l've try for NLF and it worked , but than leave on my skin some res , and dark..dry spot
for lip it work on the long time , after many years l've not a line around the lip, and they are more fuller than l where 35 years old...
in the rugalift home, says to use rugalift only on lip contour, but l use it on the "red area of the lip" l'm so happy with my rugalift, l won't stay with out it
sorry for my english if something it is not clare l'm here ( http://www.rugalift.it/menu/default.php?id_cat=108&pag=-uk&k=1 )
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:04 am      Reply with quote
ok..i'll jump in.

I read this thread too..and I've been taking HA capsules...

Yet..I also started taking msn closely after.

and yep..my lips look really good. Really just as good as when I've had them injected.

I can't figure out if it's the msn or the HA..because when I first used HA ..like a week before I started the msn -- I didn't see any change.

But everyday I look in the mirror..and I think??? "my lips look like I've just had them done." I'm afraid it will go away! Razz
Nirasha
5% products discount

Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:26 am      Reply with quote
is skin doctors perfect pout any good?
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:50 am      Reply with quote
When I tried HA caps for lip plumping I found it really did help BUT I experienced the same as howdy59. My eyes also got puffy so I discontinued. Confused
SylphideNoir
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
When I was taking HA my hair stopped growing. Anyone else have this problem?
firecrackerjackie

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:06 am      Reply with quote
cant wait to try HA with collegne friday. Buying cheapest i can find from walmart, so as to not waste alot of money if it doesnt work for me. I will post results. Btw, im new here and desperate for atleast normal sized lips...mine are so thin. I have even used habonero sauce on my lips before to plump them up. Dont ever try that. It burns like fire.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I want to let you all know that I've taken HA and it did work for me... but I started running low and didn't take them all the time.

You know what I've just tried and it really works! I was reading other threads on those lip pumping systems lips by Jolie and some other luscious lips..I think. But basically it is a suction cup you put over your lips to plump them.

Since I already have the vaculifter..the large one for the face. I just sucked my lips into the vaculifter. They were full all day! Just like my lips where injected..and it worked better than the HA. I most likely will get more HA and use them together.

Though I'd share. Always nice to find a dual purpose for a gadget..this way I can have fuller lips and not pay any more $$$ out. I also love my vaculifter for using on my face and neck.
Aysha_Babyy

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
this sounds amazing, very old post but hoping it might get some more replies i only just found it! ive got Doctors Best
Hyaluronic Acid - 100mg per serving
Biocell collagen 11 - 1000mg per serving
hydrolyzed collagen type 11 - 600mg per serving
chondroitin sulfate - 200mg per serving.
(serving is 2 pills per day)

ive ordered lip fusion xl (cant get it in uk shops) so hopefully it will be here soon and i can do this! ive already started taking the tablets and drinking more water (wel..only started today), ive ordered 2 tubes of City Lips too i used that before nightly on its own with good results, and also regular Lip Fusion at night which sometimes i woke up with gorgeous pillowy lips which lasted, and other times nothing happened..

gonna take a pill in the morning & use city lips gloss during the day, then take one at night & use lip fusion xl

wish me luck Very Happy
chery
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Hello there i am new and from the netherlands and starting with this supplements, is there Any news. i was looking at the Ha here and there is something cald hydroHyal Tablet met 500 mg N-acetyl-D-glucosamine this is a lot hyarulon what do you think? Now i have collagen type II and hyarulonic 20 mg appart.
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:02 am      Reply with quote
This is only page 6 but I decided to give the supplements a try. I just ordered them from Vitamin Research Products, I think Judy mentioned that one, anyway I am having it shipped UPS 2nd day. I will let you know what I experience Very Happy
kagileo

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I am new at this forum, but I love it. Very intresting posts. I have read the reviews about this HA capsules. I purchased some with collagen type II and took yesterday my first dose. Unfortunately nothing happened to me. I will keep on trying, maybe tomorrow !!! Let's see, keep you informed !
Jaclynaz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I did not notice anything with the HA capsules and I have been taking them for two months. The only thing that works for me is the luscious lips device.
SweetmadeCosmetics

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Well girls, it sounds like most are having good results. I am interested to see what it can do for my 45 year old skin.

My lips are getting older so I can't even model my own lipstick and lipgloss that I sell. So I have to get my 20 year old to model them. It's really just the uneven plumpness and the lines above my lip line although I will mention that did improve greatly with my dermabrasion machine and a hand made serum that I have been working on. It only has 4 ingredients but has worked pretty good on plumping and reducing wrinkles. I will take before and after picture of my lips, nose, skin, eyes and heels and see if there is much difference after a month of use.

I too have the driest, nastiest heels no matter how many times, I soak them, pamper them, pedicure and dip them in wax, nothing works for my feet not even cream from the podiatrist.

I also have pretty moderate arthritis so it will be interesting to see if it helps that as well.

Having fun reading through the forums!

Kimberly

5% products discount

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
SweetmadeCosmetics wrote:
wrinkles. I too have the driest, nastiest heels no matter how many times, I soak them, pamper them, pedicure and dip them in wax, nothing works for my feet not even cream from the podiatrist.
Kimberly

Hi Kimberley,
Regarding the dryness of your heels, it sounds like you may be lacking in oils in your diet like Flaxseed Oil and Olive Oil particularly. Why not try (if you don't already) having some each day, either on a salad or just take a tablespoon or 2 of the oil. I'd particularly recommend the Flaxseed Oil as it's super high in Omega 3 (has far more than any fish oil). Good luck
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Hey Girls- I am always up for trying something that will make my skin look better - and plump lips sound awesome! I took 40mgs last night and do not notice anything new this morning. How long did it take everyone to see results? Also, did anyone have any bad side effects, I woke up very dry mouthed this morning. I hope I see something soon!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |