Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I have been experimenting with lip plumping products as well. I guess I am a sucker for before & after pictures.....because I couldn't resist ordering this system:
www.lipbloom.com

I ordered the Lip Bloom and got the FREE Lip Plumper. The Lip Plumper is used during the day and the Lip Bloom at night. The main "active" ingredients in the lip plumper are niacin & cinnamon. In the lip bloom it is MAXILIP. They say to give it 30-90 days to work.

I have been using it for about 17 days and I am beginning to see results. Especially in my top lip. Here are my measurements:

BEFORE AFTER
Top lip = 5/16-inch TOP lip = 7/16-inch
Bottom lip = 8/16-inch Bottom lip = 9/16-inch

The lip plumper is instant and they say it lasts for 5 hours. My experience is it lasts for about 2-3 hours.

The lip bloom is used as a night treatment. I do think with the MAXILIP, it is a matter of giving it enough time to work. My lips are pretty much lineless when I use the lip plumper under my lip gloss.

I will continue using this and report back my results at the 30 day point and the 60 day point.

I am anxious to see what your results are with the Hydroderm and the Simon Solution. For now, I plan to stick with the Lip Lush & Lip Bloom. If I give it enough time, perhaps I will have Angelina Jolie lips after all. Smile

Lori
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

P.S. Carrie11381 -- how are you using the Hydroderm? Once daily? Twice daily, a bunch of times daily???

Usually about 2-3 times a day.
ksmith5
5% products discount

Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I bought LipFusion a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say I think it is the best plumper I've used. When I first tried it, I was skeptical because I felt the tingling, numbing sensation but didn't notice any difference in the appearance of my lips. I have to say after a few days of using it, though, I began to see a lot more "swelling". I have been waking up to nice, full lips! Very Happy
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm new here but this was one of the first threads I read. I bought the HA and have been using it for 4 days now.

I don't know if it's my imagination or what but my lips are fuller for sure!!

It's crazy I tell ya..just crazy!!

I'm also going to get some Cin leaf oil and see if I can improve on this lip thing.

If I find some before pics of my lips I will put them up with the after's.

Blue
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I ordered the Lip Bloom and got the FREE Lip Plumper. The Lip Plumper is used during the day and the Lip Bloom at night. The main "active" ingredients in the lip plumper are niacin & cinnamon. In the lip bloom it is MAXILIP. They say to give it 30-90 days to work.

I guess I am in a buying mood Laughing Laughing Thought I would give this product a try. The HA Capsules have really delivered for me but because of a few negative post on health issues I got scared. I am sure that HA probably won't cause any of us any harm. Will let you know what I think of this product. I was happy to see 100% guarantee. Before anyone buys as I did read the fine print carefully. Shock

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie, how is the Hydroderm? I started mine yesterday and took down the before measurement too, I hadn't used any lip plumper for 5 full days so it should be rather accurate. I too noticed immediate drying the dry, fine lines it brought out were nasty. I put lip balm over top as well. I did notice some swelling but the area around my lips was also quite red and irritated looking so any added attractiveness the plumping gave was sort of negated by the redness. Confused I will give it time though, I usually will use something up before I make my mind, unless of course I toss it first. Smile Tomorrow, while I have a resting day after a week of being on the go, I will measure my lips before, right after and as the days goes on to see if I'm having any real results.

I'm looking at Lipfusion too, hopefully I can get it within Canada to save on the duties and taxes of ordering from the States.

I also can't wait to hear the results with Lip Bloom and Lip Plumper!

5% products discount

Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
Carrie, how is the Hydroderm? I started mine yesterday and took down the before measurement too, I hadn't used any lip plumper for 5 full days so it should be rather accurate. I too noticed immediate drying the dry, fine lines it brought out were nasty. I put lip balm over top as well. I did notice some swelling but the area around my lips was also quite red and irritated looking so any added attractiveness the plumping gave was sort of negated by the redness. Confused I will give it time though, I usually will use something up before I make my mind, unless of course I toss it first. Smile Tomorrow, while I have a resting day after a week of being on the go, I will measure my lips before, right after and as the days goes on to see if I'm having any real results.

I'm looking at Lipfusion too, hopefully I can get it within Canada to save on the duties and taxes of ordering from the States.

I also can't wait to hear the results with Lip Bloom and Lip Plumper!

keep with it. the dryness will stop after a few days. I have a little bit of irritation and itching now from it around my mouth, but that is due to my use of glycolics.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Lolli,

You can order it off of Sephora. You will have to pay GST and PST, but I no duty. You could also try ebay...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Does Sephora have a Canadian site to order from? That would be so cool, but in some ways I hope not! Wink My credit card is getting quite a workout! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm just at the Sephora website, it looks like the orders come from the US, does Sephora mark the parcels as gifts or are the products coming from within Canada? I will email them as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
I'm just at the Sephora website, it looks like the orders come from the US, does Sephora mark the parcels as gifts or are the products coming from within Canada? I will email them as well.

They come from the States. To be honest, I don't remember what the box says, but I have never been charged anything extra. Sometimes my orders are large too, and still no problems. I think it is because they charge us GST...

For free shipping in Canada, the min. order is $120, not $75. Oh...and make sure you got out the Canadian checkout. It took me a while to figure it out Embarassed ...not so quick sometimes Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks faith so much! Smile It looks like they make ordering to Canada really easy, can't beat that. On eBay Lipfusion is actually going for more than Sephora is selling it for!! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2005 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I picked up Lipfusion for $34 US plus $7.50 US shipping from a Canadian eBay seller just now and I also bought Duwop Lipvenum for $17 US plus $3.50 US shipping from a US seller. I am determined to try them all! Smile I think I will start a lip-plumping-adventures thread at the skin care forum and then post individual reveiws.

I did want to mention here that the Hydroderm has increased my top lip by two millimetres, I think that's not quite an 8th of an inch but more than a 16th Rolling Eyes oy, more like 3/32nds of an inch. I'm not measuring my bottom lip because I don't apply it there, it's plenty full. It doesn't seem to last though, is it supposed to be reapplied throughout the day? It hasn't even been two full days though so it may last longer the more I use it.

Mon May 02, 2005 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Holy crap - this actually worked for me! I was browsing this thread yesterday & thought it sounded too good to be true but I had to go to Whole Foods anyway so I picked up Source Naturals Skin Eterna HA. I figured what do I have to lose? I took one yesterday around noon & 2 before bed & when I looked in the mirror this morning, I was shocked!

Measurements - before
Top = 9mm
Bottom - 10mm

After
Top = 11mm
Bottom = 13mm

I'm new around here & this is the first thing I've tried on your recommendations. Now I'm scared to keep browsing as I'm quite sure it will end up costing me A LOT of money!! Thanks all for the input. I love the results.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 02, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
Carrie, how is the Hydroderm?
Well, I haven’t measured my lips to verify it, but just based on a visual scrutiny, I’m not seeing any difference with the Hydroderm and I’ve been applying 3-4 times per day for over a week. I’m pretty sure I’ll be taking it back to GNC for a refund unless I wake up in the next couple mornings with miraculously fuller lips. I think I’ll stick with my HA/collagen supplements, thank you very much!!

5% products discount

Wed May 25, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
This thread sure has been quiet lately. Anyone have any updates to report. I plan on trying the HA/collagen supplements soon!!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 10:30 am      Reply with quote
krystiluv wrote:
This thread sure has been quiet lately. Anyone have any updates to report. I plan on trying the HA/collagen supplements soon!!
A couple of MUA reviewers have recently contacted me for more info regarding these wonder supplements (I mentioned it briefly under a couple of the topical lip plumpers that I have reviewed on MUA), so gradually the word is spreading as ladies suspend their initial skepticism and try it for themselves.

As for me, I continue taking my Source Naturals HA/collagen supplements (www.iherb.com has incredible prices, I got twice as much product for the same price I paid for a bottle at Whole Foods) and enjoy my fuller pout, but that doesn’t stop me from falling for some of the new topical plumpers on the market (i.e.: Hydroderm and ‘the Simon Solution,’ and I just got a sample of Too Faced’s “Lip Injection” from Sephora the other day but haven’t tried it yet) and being disappointed each time. So far, LipFusion gloss and the HA/collagen pills are the best things I’ve found to help my lips retain/maintain the fullness I had as a child, although I must say that if you already own the clear version of LipFusion and have been thinking of buying one of the new colored versions, don’t bother!! While the gloss in the tube looks like it’ll be a gorgeous color (I got “Glow”), when you actually apply it to your lips, it doesn’t look any different than the clear – the pigment doesn’t show up *at all*.

So there, have I made enough "noise" for you? Wink Be sure to let us know the verdict when you finally try the HA/collagen supplements for yourself.

Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Skin Eternal HA Serum on my lips about twice a day for about 5 weeks now. I am pleased with the results. My lips are fuller and look smoother as well (I have reasonably wide lips to begin with and drying and cracking has always been a problem).
krystiluv
5% products discount

Fri May 27, 2005 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Cartkate and Sharky, thanks so much for your current updates. I for sure will give a verdict when I finally try something.

Smiles,

Kristy
poftheu

Sun May 29, 2005 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I hate to be a party pooper about some of these so called amazing plumpers, but since I hate my lips so much, I was considering some lip augementation a bit more permanent -like implants. I have spent hours researching and looking at many before and after photos.

From the site lipaugmentation.com there are quite a bit of before & after pics from plastic surgeons. The pic on the lipbloom site...at the top is actually from an implant that that woman had, not from some lip gloss.

I want to believe as much as any of you! But please don't spend your money on this product expecting these results. I have seen also on the hydroderm site, stolen plastic surgeons pics. Please be careful.

I find the advice on the EDS site to be invaluable and I hope I haven't upset anybody with this.

FYI...I won't be getting implants, there are more "down sides" than benefits. But I will be getting the HA supplements!

PoftheU
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
poftheu,

Thanks for sharing that!! I am sure no one will be upset. TBH, I don't think any of us are expecting a miracle, but a few MM here and there doesn't hurt either Laughing . HA is great!!

5% products discount

Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I got myself some of the HA 20mg caplets at Walgreens the other night. The recommended dosage is 1 to 4 caplets daily. I took 60mg that night at bedtime and actually noticed a slightly fuller pout the next morning. I think I will start taking 60mg at night and another 20 mg in the morning as the results did not seem to last throughout the day. As I said they seemed slightly fuller, but I had just woken up. I haven't measured my lips before,(not that I would even know how to) Shock so I hope this is just not the placebo effect taking place. I shall stick with it. Wondering...does anyone know if there is any other drug interactions with this product? Nothing listed on the packaging. Anyone know of any other markable benefits with HA other than lip plumping? Cheers!
Renea

Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to this site, and have been looking for info on the effects of Hyaluronic Acid on lips, and skin in general. I have read this thread after searching through all the posts and finding out this was the grandaddy lip plumper thread. I recently tried a product after reading an article in a local magazine. The product was called Synthovial 7, and it's pure Hyaluronic Acid. It seemed to work great for me, but I was wondering if you guys are getting better results than myself by using HA products with Collagen II? The site which I purchased mine from www.superior-coral.com, also carries the Purity ultimate ha, and vital ha max with biocell collagen. Is it worth a try? Also haveany of you tried any of these other products with HA? They have serums, lip balms, and shampoo & conditioner with HA. www.superior-coral.com/episilk-ha.htm. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Renea
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but taking HA orally is a waste. HA is polysaccharide. But when you ingest it, your body breaks it down through the process of digestion just as it would any other starch. The only way HA can have a benefical effect & not be broken down into sugars is to apply it topically, or to have it injected.
Sorry I didn't respond to this post sooner, but I just saw it (even though it's from last year!) Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:31 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but taking HA orally is a waste. HA is polysaccharide. But when you ingest it, your body breaks it down through the process of digestion just as it would any other starch. The only way HA can have a benefical effect & not be broken down into sugars is to apply it topically, or to have it injected.
Sorry I didn't respond to this post sooner, but I just saw it (even though it's from last year!) Shock
I hate to burst *your* bubble, but too many of us have seen results taking HA/collagen supplements orally for it to be all in our imaginations. Have a read through this entire 16-page thread and you will see member after member after member who saw immediate results taking these supplements and who maintained the results by keeping on taking the supplements. I can't explain your science away, I just know it works.

Why do you think this thread is 16 pages long? It’s because member after member after member posted a message stating their skepticism and/or disbelief, then they went and tried it and saw the miracle for themselves, and they posted followup messages saying, “Well, I never would have believed it, but it really works!” Seriously. I challenge you to try it yourself. If you’re not personally interested in having fuller lips, then get one of your girl friends or relatives to try it. Take before and after measurements of her lips so you can see for yourself that this isn’t just some form of mass hysteria over the internet.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |