Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Scallawaggirl, did you get the cream that you can order with the pump? Does it help?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
Scallawaggirl, did you get the cream that you can order with the pump? Does it help?

Yep, I ordered the pump w/one tub of cream and I use it each time before the pump. Honestly, I can`t say whether it helps or not but I am already noticing that my lip line seems to be building. I do use copper peptides, as well, which help rebuild collagen and have been doing so for some time so that is probably already helping, too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Where do you find copper peptides? Do you put them directly on your lips? I've been taking liquid silicon (BioSil) but I don't know if it's really doing anything.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl, it was me who said I had a face shape similar to yours. The way I'm getting good suction is wetting my palm (so it's wet but not dripping), swiping my palm across cheek-to-cheek including my mouth, then getting good suction on the pump by (1) slightly puffing my cheeks out until they touch the pump cross-piece, then sucking the air out until I feel my lips engaged; then slowly pulling on the handle; or if this doesn't work (and if my face gets too wet, it won't suction in right) (2) bending over, similar to what was described earlier, and then doing the same suction thing.

I'm on my 8th conditioning day. I generally am doing 1/2 of pulls with the "TOP" side up and 1/2 of the pulls with the top side down; the TOP-side-up seems to pull on the upper lip more for me and I'm aiming for balance. I am noticing some very slight plumping and more rosy-coloring post-plump; no one's looked at me and said "OH MY GOD what is up with your lips???" so I figure I'm the only one noticing, so far. They do "feel" a tad fuller to me also. A few times a day I put on a coat of HA serum. I also put a light coat of CP serum on at night.

RedDevil, very impressive results you've got!! Thanks for posting. Smile I'm not aiming for those kind of results but as I said before what I like is (if this pump really works as it's claiming to) that we each can control what we want to happen, and that it's not permanent or involving surgery.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
PS
Red Devil, there are lots of CP preparations. I'm using the regular CP serum from Skin Biology.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I will have to look into these copper peptides! I'm going for anything that works, at this point. Well, anything except injections.

Yes, my results are a wee bit dramatic for my taste. I like my lips much better after they've deflated a bit. Unfortunately, they deflate completely within ten minutes.

I'm wondering if I can get a CP serum (and HA serum, too) at a drugstore or something?
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
RedDevil, you can find HA serum at a Whole Foods or Vitamin Shoppe, if there's one near you. I haven't seen any in drug stores. For CP's you pretty much need to order on-line, I think, I've never seen any in stores.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
RedDevil, your lips look fabulous!! Smile And what's cool is that I can trust that your posted photos are the real deal. Sometimes when I see the "before and after" pics in the various plumper product/device ads, I'm admittedly skeptical that they haven't been altered in some way. But thank you for posting your pics...now I know this thing works and I gotta have one!!!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, the photos are real, but they don't do justice to the plump. Without all of the shadows, it looks much larger. And I look less creepy and less manlike. Bad Grin

Mary, I would definitely recommend that you try the pump. It seems to be working for almost everyone else. I seem to be one of those unlucky people who can't get their plump to last. But I have patience, and I think it will start to work if I keep at it.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
Yep, the photos are real, but they don't do justice to the plump. Without all of the shadows, it looks much larger. And I look less creepy and less manlike. Bad Grin

Mary, I would definitely recommend that you try the pump. It seems to be working for almost everyone else. I seem to be one of those unlucky people who can't get their plump to last. But I have patience, and I think it will start to work if I keep at it.

Creepy and manlike? Are you kidding? Even without perfect lighting, I was thinking how pretty you are!

You have most assuredly sold me on this thing. Out comes the credit card...AGAIN! Laughing

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Mary, I appreciate that Very Happy

I need to order a new pump, since mine is losing suction. I think that may be part of the problem of my plump not sticking...
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
Mary, I appreciate that Very Happy

I need to order a new pump, since mine is losing suction. I think that may be part of the problem of my plump not sticking...

Does the pump have a warranty? I'd think if the suction wasn't working properly, then it's defective and they should replace it for free?

Mary Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Mary -- I hadn't even thought of that!! Embarassed

I need to go find out...
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
Mary -- I hadn't even thought of that!! Embarassed

I need to go find out...

I hope they can replace it for you! Let us know what you find out!

Mary Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't see anything about it on the website, so I sent them an email. It probably mentions something about that sort of thing on the package, which is at my mom's house, along with my camera cord, heehee.

I found it amusing that the company I ordered it from (www.vortexhealth.com), in their FAQ, says that the packing (of the pump, when they ship it to you) is "discreet". It certainly was discreet, until the customs people opened it up, repackaged it, stamped it, and wrote on the stamp, "Vacuum suction device for lips." I was like...thanks a lot, o you sensitive customs officers! Embarassed

My fear is that I will die suddenly, and my husband will find this thing and think it's some sort of...toy. Laughing
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
My fear is that I will die suddenly, and my husband will find this thing and think it's some sort of...toy. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing hide it well! Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Red Devil wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing hide it well! Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

LMAO! Laughing I had the exact same thought! I can just see my hubby coming across it and wondering what sort of interesting "product catalogs" I'd been perusing lately!

And I guess "discreet" isn't in the custom's worker job manual! Laughing I can only imagine what they scrawl on the package when someone orders up a bunch of...um..."adult" DVDs! Shock

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Bad Grin Laughing Bad Grin

I almost hope they don't ask me to send this one back, and that they will just send me a new one, so that I don't have to miss out on any use of the pump!

I should really tell my husband the truth. He saw my lips all pumped up and wondered what was going on. I said that it was my HA. He said that he liked my lips that way. Sooo...maybe I should tell him that I liked them too, and that for Christmas, I would like...injections!

I can't believe I'm actually considering this. But why not? Life's too short. I say that a person should do what makes them happy, as long as they aren't hurting themselves or anyone else, and as long as they are trying to live in a Godly way.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
Laughing Bad Grin Laughing Bad Grin

I almost hope they don't ask me to send this one back, and that they will just send me a new one, so that I don't have to miss out on any use of the pump!

I should really tell my husband the truth. He saw my lips all pumped up and wondered what was going on. I said that it was my HA. He said that he liked my lips that way. Sooo...maybe I should tell him that I liked them too, and that for Christmas, I would like...injections!

I can't believe I'm actually considering this. But why not? Life's too short. I say that a person should do what makes them happy, as long as they aren't hurting themselves or anyone else, and as long as they are trying to live in a Godly way.

RedDevil, I agree with you 100%...you have to do what makes YOU happy! I’m now 40, but I got my eyes done (upper and lower lids) when I was 37...and even though a lot of people thought I “didn’t need it done”, I was unhappy with how they looked so I just did it for ME. And I’m so very glad I did, because the results were exactly what I wanted: very natural looking, and not “surgical” at all. I just looked much more refreshed and relaxed…not droopy-eyed and tired.

SO…if you want injections, you go for it! I can’t say I’ll never do it myself…or any other sort of cosmetic procedure for that matter! Cool Life is indeed short, so why not go through it feeling good about yourself?

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Amen! Very Happy

I have come close to broaching the subject with my husband a couple of times this past day. I don't think he would laugh at me or anything. Especially since he was thinking about getting me a treadmill for Christmas. Injections would be about the same price, and would not be permanent, so if we didn't like it, it would go away.

I just wish the pump would start working! ARRGGGHH! Mad

Speaking of which, it seems to have regained its suction. Must be all of the glue I put into it...
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Saturday to one and all...

I was on the go yesterday, so didn't get to use my pump till mid afternoon.. I still held a plump for 4 or 5 hours. Again., not like I'd like it to be, but they were still plumped.. Yesterday was also my last conditioning day...

Today I seem to be fighting off a cold I've been trying to get all week, so I didn't use it until 45 minutes ago, or so.. I had some trouble getting a good suction myself today, but kept fighting with it, {hopefully not to much, to do any bruising} I did end up with a good plump, but that has gone doen just a tad too.. I'll keep watching it, to see how it goes today... I'm just hoping that I haven't been getting a lasting plump as a fluke, for some reason..

I also wish it would do more for the outsides of my lips... It does some, but not enough for me! But like I had posted a couple days or so ago, with lipstick and liner on, it looks really good, IMO...

It's seeming to me, you have to hit the right amount of water you put around your face, to get the suction to work the best.. Can't be to wet or to dry...

Another thing I'm wondering about is the rubber band type thing, that fits around the top of the part we pull out.. Since I've had mine for so many years, has it broken down with age, like any other rubber band type item? But if you're having suction troubles, Red, that may not be the case at all..

My husband never bats an eye at the weird things I try...LOL Well, he might laugh, but I'm usually laughing too, so it's OK... I keep the thing out in plain site, at my computer desk, that way I don't forget, or get side tracked.. But so far, I've never done it in front of anyone, ever... For some reason my daughter asked what it was last night.. It's not like she hasn't seen it before, and I swear she knew, but probably forgot.. She just gives me the rolly eyes and shakes her head.. I told her it wasn't what she might be thinking it is...LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Kiki -- if you keep getting your plump to last, I doubt it's a fluke. Good work! Very Happy Keep us posted.

I did it! I told my husband about my injection ideas, and he didn't flip out or laugh or say that I'm silly and vain. He said that, if it's something I want, then he's cool. He was mostly concerned about possible complications, and he wants me to do a bit more research.

I also told him about the pump. So now I don't have to sneak around when I want to plump my lips!

So far, my plump STILL isn't lasting past ten minutes. Crying or Very sad

Not meaning to get all religious or anything, but...maybe now that I'm being honest and have stopped hiding my little "pursuit" from my husband...now maybe God will take pity on me, and now maybe I will start to see results!

Silly, I know. But possible! Wink
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Okay you guys. I have been reading this thread for about a week now. I think you all are so funny.

I myself have a very thin top lip. I am going to have my husband take a picture of my ugly ol lip and then try the HA stuff. Not sure which brand yet.

I don't know about the pump that you guys are using yet. Maybe if it really works at keeping your lips plump for life. I am not sure yet. But I will make sure and tell my husband about it because I would be embarressed if he found something like that around LOL

I will keep you posted after I buy the Ha suplements. With before and after pictures. (If there will be any difference.)
Laura

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Guess I'll have to wait to experiment until I get back from a short two week traveling adventure. I will be back on the 14th though.
Laura

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Have fun on your trip! Very Happy You could take the HA supplements while you travel.

Not much change here, with me. My plump still isn't lasting. Well, that's not entirely accurate, because sometimes it lasts a teeny bit longer than ten minutes. Today starts my fifth week, so I'm still not too discouraged.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |