Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. I haven't posted for a while, didn't have anything new to post...LOL Not sure why that stopped me, it never has before... Wink

Anyway, still nothing new to report.. I still get the big plum, but it still goes down.. As I was expecting.. They look great tho... The pump has added the little bit of lost volume from age... And their color is much more rosy.. I'm not giving up on this, but I do need to remember to, pump..them up {an old Saturday Night Live referance for those that remember... Wink Laughing } more during the day..

ANd I have to say, I'm finding too, short pulls seem to give better staying power for me as well...

Red, youch! Sounds kinda painful, but what the heck.. Anything for beauty, right... Very Happy Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Yay! Kiki, does your plump still last for about four hours?

This morning I tried my little trick again -- of using Lip Injection Xtreme and aloe gel, and my lips still burn. However, they aren't sucking up the aloe like they were yesterday. I think maybe I should wait until the LI sinks in a bit, THEN put on the aloe.

This morning when I woke up, though, my Lip Fusion was still on my lips, and they looked fuller, especially the bottom lip. I think the combination of Lip Injection and Lip Fusion is doing something! I can definitely tell, when I look at my profile, that my lips are filling out. Very Happy

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
No, sadly the plump isn't lasting like it did there for a while... I think I still have plump for a long time, just not like it had been doing.. More like it always was, before, in younger days.. I haven't lost really that much plump, but I notice it... Does that make sense? So maybe, just maybe, something is happening???

I'm not going to pay the price for the LI again, or LF, but I may go to Walgreens and get a tube of the 'compare to'.. It's only like 12.00 or so.. And try your method Red... Can't hurt right.. All it can do is not work for me...LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear that your plump isn't lasting like it did before. Did you start doing something different? Since you got it to last before, I bet it'll start lasting again.

I forgot to mention something a little different that I've been doing with the pump itself. (This is the problem with trying a bunch of new things at once -- you never know which thing is responsible for the results, or whether it's a cumulative effort!) Ya know how they say it's all about figuring out your own little trick to get the thing to work? Well, I've found that I get a better and quicker plump if I pull the entire device, as I'm pulling the cylinder out. It's tricky to get it just right so that it stays suctioned to my face, but with trial and error I have mastered it. Also, I sort of wiggle the pump up and down. Not a fast wiggle -- more like, as I'm counting, I'll count "1" then pull the cylinder AND the device upward so that my whole mouth is being stretched. (This way, my entire mouth gets plumped.) Then, as I count "2" I will pull everything downward, and so on. Maybe the extra pulling will help.

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ummmmmmm guys? What kind of lip plump pump are you guys talking about, and where I can I get one?? Also what brand is the Lip Injection? Don't think I've heard of that one yet.. Thanks!!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
Ummmmmmm guys? What kind of lip plump pump are you guys talking about, and where I can I get one?? Also what brand is the Lip Injection? Don't think I've heard of that one yet.. Thanks!!

Hi lefemme! Very Happy

The lip pump can be found here (along with a bunch of info):
www.cynthiarowland.com

It draws fluid into the lips to make them more plump.

And, Lip Injection is made by Too Faced.

Hope this helps! Smile

lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the information, Red.. That lip pump thingy sounds rather interesting! I use the Lip Fusion XL, if you've tried that one do you think the Too Faced product works better?
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
Thanks so much for the information, Red.. That lip pump thingy sounds rather interesting! I use the Lip Fusion XL, if you've tried that one do you think the Too Faced product works better?

No prob! Very Happy Always happy to get more people on the lip pump bandwagon, so that I have more experiences to guide me. Cool

I would say that LF works better, because, if I'm not mistaken, LF contains little spheres of HA, and LI does not. But, LI seems to give me more sting. I think it has more of the "irritant" ingredients.

Neither product has given me amazing results, although I think I can see some increase in size, probably because I'm using the pump, taking HA, taking BioSil, and using LF and LI. But, from what I've read, LF XL seems to work for most people. Smile

queenmary
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
it seems it doesn't ship to China.

What a pity!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
queenmary wrote:
it seems it doesn't ship to China.

What a pity!

Sad

You could try ordering it from
www.vortexhealth.com

I know it's the same product, but I think it's shipped by a different company based in England.

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Popping in for a quick update. I did 6 short pulls this morning, applied my lipstick (liner, Lip Lift) and then on top, Lip Fusion XL.

Well, it's now officially 7 hours later and I am still plump! When I'm working from home and plump, I normally lose it within an hour or two. I do wear the XL at home, as well, after a plump session.

Maybe it's starting to kick in or perhaps it's the combination...I'm not sure but will continue testing. See? Check out my fatty lips:

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Dupe post. Oops.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Shock Shock Shock

Wow! Your lips look awesome!!

7 hours?! What IS your secret?

I think I'll start putting on LF XL after I plump, each time, and not just use it at night.

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
Shock Shock Shock

Wow! Your lips look awesome!!

7 hours?! What IS your secret?

I think I'll start putting on LF XL after I plump, each time, and not just use it at night.

Red, I've been keeping track of the thread and noted that many were getting better experience w/short pulls so I changed to 3 up/3 down for 6 seconds each. I do this normally about 3x a day or 2, if I forget. This morning, I plumped (also, I'm applying DMAE AM/PM) and for lip makeup: I applied Guerlain Liplift, lined and then two thin coats of lipstick, blotting in between. Last, I put on the XL. I did not reapply anything except another Geurlain shine lippie for the rest of the day.

I noticed that my lips were still fat so I took some pics because I was actually surprised! Now, I just took off my foundation and lipstick so am going to keep an eye on how much longer they stay plump for investigation purposes - I definitely think the short pumps are the key, though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Scallawag! Your lips look great but your eyelashes look AWESOME!!!! If memory serves you use the Jan Marini product? How long did it take to achieve those eyelash results? And if you're using mascara, which brand do you use? Finally, I've looked in various places on the web, included the Guerlain website and cannot find Guerlain LipLift.. May I ask where you purchased that product? thanks so much for all the info you've shared with us, and especially for those great pictures which show the efficacy of the products you use! Again, thank you so much!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
OMG Scallawag! Your lips look great but your eyelashes look AWESOME!!!! If memory serves you use the Jan Marini product? How long did it take to achieve those eyelash results? And if you're using mascara, which brand do you use? Finally, I've looked in various places on the web, included the Guerlain website and cannot find Guerlain LipLift.. May I ask where you purchased that product? thanks so much for all the info you've shared with us, and especially for those great pictures which show the efficacy of the products you use! Again, thank you so much!

Smile Thanks, lefemme and you are very welcome. I know a picture says a million times more than text so am glad to share. I do use JM, as a matter of fact and I'd say it took about 3 months steady use to get these results. I began using it at the end of July and have cut back recently to about 3 nights a week because my lashes are truly ridiculous at this point (thankfully, of course). In this pic, I am wearing Max Factor Lash Performance mascara but I think it is no longer sold (got mine on eBay). I have to say that my new fave is Diorshow backstage because WOW, it's just stupid how fab it makes your lashes look. This was a work day so I tried to "tone" it down a tad. Ha. I only have a small trial of the Dior and am waiting on a big one. There was also a thread on the Tarte Lights Camera Lashes so I want to try that, too. It's currently sitting in my Sephora cart waiting patiently for the Friends & Family discount to kick in supposedly on the 18th....

As for the Guerlain Liplift, I think I got it on eBay or Strawberry.net - they carry a lot of the high-end brands and I know they've got Guerlain because that's where I buy my lippies. Also, if you're near a major city, there's likely a Guerlain counter in one of the big shops in the mall. They are all over in Montréal - though probably due to the French factor - even in the out of the way malls. I almost fainted when I came across the counter when I was last up there shopping w/my husband. He was nice enough to wait while I gushed about there being no convenient locations near me. Smile This stuff is great, though, as is the Cupidon pencil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Once I got finished "wowing" over your lips, yes, your eyelashes do look great! So does your skin. That's exactly the color I would have, if I stayed out of the sun and wore sunscreen. Smile

I've really got to get off of my lazy behind and order some copper peptide serum. I wonder if there is anywhere I can order it for, how you say, cheap? Confused

Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Scallawaggirl - just a quick comment. You look fabulous. Skin, eyes, lips, everything.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
Once I got finished "wowing" over your lips, yes, your eyelashes do look great! So does your skin. That's exactly the color I would have, if I stayed out of the sun and wore sunscreen. Smile

I've really got to get off of my lazy behind and order some copper peptide serum. I wonder if there is anywhere I can order it for, how you say, cheap? Confused

Thanks, Red. Smile Beware the sun...duh dun....I am a sunscreen proponent but not in overboard proportions. Since I'm a peeler/active user, I keep an eye on it more now but don't wear it in the apartment. Actually, I have worn SS more since discovering Sophina because it helps control my oily shine - a double benefit! I recently discovered my HG MMU in UGloGirl and FINALLY got a good match for my very odd skin tone - have always had a tough time matching it. I saw in your siggie before that you have a lot of ethnic backgrounds so can imagine this is why you are so warm toned. Here's the mystery of the day for me...my dad is full Czech and my mom's uber caucasian (Welsh/Scottish) so I never understood my coloring other than my dad does tan very easily (my brother and sister do, as well - I do moderately but always have had to wear sunsceen). Clearly, I get my warm tones from him but they are so dominant - weird. I'm not a sun baby but I do like it in small doses.

Now, for the CPs and finding them cheap. I'd give a look over at Platinum Skincare. They have the Skin Bio products (what I use) and think you can get samples. They are packaged differently so start off w/the lowest strength serum and DILUTE it on a schedule like so:

Starting routine for CPs:

4 drops CP + 4 drops water - now
5 drops CP + 3 drops water - 2 weeks
6 drops CP + 2 drops water - 2 weeks
7 drops CP + 1 drop water - 2 weeks
8 drops CP

It is my opinion that it's best to just assume right off the bat that you will get the uglies with copper peptides and so approach slowly. You won't lose anything (except disappointment) and it is the best way to ease into their use. I followed this schedule and have not had any major problems except when I first used CP serum, I daringly put it straight on my neck...and promptly broke out in bumps. Okay, learned lesson and then started diluting. Smile Second time was w/Super Cop 2x (the STRONGEST) that I use for spot treating, I got a little heavy-handed and saw sagging. Learned lesson again and now only apply thin, thin layer after my emu oil (provides barrier).

I'm a big believer in CPs as they have literally helped turn my skin around - along w/other products but they play a key role and this goes for my lips, too, because they definitely lose collagen with age.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Cesce wrote:
Scallawaggirl - just a quick comment. You look fabulous. Skin, eyes, lips, everything.

Cesce, that is so nice of you to say that. Thanks, really. Smile I'm so glad that I found this board because it's a researcher's heaven and has made a huge difference for me in finding products that work.

Red, afternoon/evening update: I think it's got to do w/lips being moisturized to keep the plump plumpy! I took off makeup as noted earlier and they went down. Then, I put lip balm on and they perked back up (not to before proportions, though). They feel pillowy right now but I'd need a pump to kick it back in gear. Okay, gonna do one real quick and watch how it maintains.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Scalawaggirl, thank you for the info on the CPs! I just had a brilliant idea to ask for a gift certificate for my birthday, which is next month, so that I can stock up! Oooh! I can ask for a gift certificate to Ulta for Christmas, so I can stock up on LF!! Wow, this is a morning of brilliant ideas! Laughing

Last night I exfoliated twice with baking soda and put on LF before going to bed. I also have been taking Rexall HA for the past two days, so I took several of those before bed, and a dose of BioSil. I didn't pump too much yesterday -- just two sessions. And, I used Lip Injection (with cinnamon leaf oil that I added) during the day. After work, I used some Lip Injection Xtreme.

This morning I woke up, looked in the mirror, and blinked. My lips looked certainly fuller, extremely smooth, and very pink.

I am going to keep up this regimen of LF XL, Rexall HA (at $5 a bottle...AND it seems to work better than the others I've tried!), LI, LI Xtreme, BioSil, and the pump. And exfoliating, of course. Then next month I will dabble into copper peptides. Very Happy

Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
okay, I am back from a not so good vacation and I just went and bought the source naturals HA capsules. We shall see. I have taken two so far. I will take two tomorrow. I hope I get some results!
Laura

Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
After reading the first 3 pages of this original post, I had to test it for myself. I went to Walgreens and bought 1 bottle of the HA capsules, the last bottle by the way. I took 2 immediately in the evening. When I woke up, I have to say that my lips definitely appeared much more plump. I have to be honest and say I did not measure beforehand, but there is a definite difference. Thanks for the great advice and I will keep you all posted on my constantly growing lips. Laughing
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so far I have a tad bit more plumping. Not a whole lot. I hope to see a little more plumping soon. I don't think it is enough to show a before and after picture just yet. I am excited because I do see a slight plump. I am on my third day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Laura and Christine -- I'm glad you're seeing results!

I'm still seeing a bit of plumpness with Rexall HA. For a long time I thought that Skin Eternal was the only one for me, but I find that the powdery HA (in a capsule) is the way to go. And Rexall is only about $5 a bottle. Yay!

On Saturday, my "pump plump" seemed to last longer than the usual twenty minutes. I was still doing several pulls at five seconds each. Sunday I decided to go back to longer pulls, just to see if the shorter pulls "conditioned" my lips a bit. I thought that since I had been doing shorter pulls, maybe my lips will hold a plump that I create with a few long pulls. No dice! I tried the same thing today, and boom, they are deflating as we speak...er, as I type. But, they DID stay plump longer than before, when I was doing long pulls all the time. Every little bit of progress is good! Still no bruising.

I'm still doing the LF XL and LI Xtreme, and I can still see a bit of plumpness from those as well.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |