Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cstars
5% products discount

Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Cancer??? Shock I had not heard about that! Does anyone have info on this purported link?

I've been using the HA for a week with no visible change in my lips, but I have been hoping it would be good for my joints, at least. Has anyone had really good results since that first posting, way back when?
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
This is the info I saw when I googled hyaluronic acid + cacner. The site is ctds.info. I know nothing about this site.

"I've gotten a number of questions on hyaluronic acid and breast cancer. To see all of the study abstracts linking these conditions, go to PubMed, and enter:

hyaluronic acid breast cancer

in the search box.

In particular, check out this abstract, from cancer researchers at the University of California San Francisco:

"A hyaluronan-rich environment often correlate with tumor progression, and may be one mechanism for the invasive behavior of malignancies. Eradication of hyaluronan by hyaluronidase administration could reduce tumor aggressiveness and would provide, therefore, a new anti-cancer strategy."

For information on hyaluronidase (an enzyme that breaks down HA) and hyaluronic acid, check out my mitral valve prolapse page.

Women with too low of estrogen levels are at higher risk for conditions like fractures, osteoporosis and a lack of menstruation. Women with high levels of estrogen tend to have increased risks of blood clots, high bone density, high blood pressure and breast cancer. It's not that estrogen is good or bad, it's just that both unusually high levels and unusually low levels are linked to a variety of adverse (and interestingly inverse) health conditions. Perhaps the same may be true for hyaluronic acid.

HA and Other forms of Cancer -

In a paper on hyaluronic acid and colon cancer, researchers wrote that "Hyaluronan (HA) is a cell-surface glycosaminoglycan that has been implicated in cancer progression......These data suggest that HA promotes adhesion to laminin and may thereby facilitate invasion of the basement membrane and metastasis in colon carcinoma."

In another study, researchers found that, "Hyaluronan a high-molecular weight glycosaminoglycan, is considered to be involved in the growth and progression of malignant tumours."
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
VMP40 wrote:
Red Devil, how long have you been taking the supplements?

Hi! Smile

I've been using them for about...hmmmm...almost a year now.

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:10 am      Reply with quote
that's scary!! was thinking of getting some...
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Good grief....38 pages of posts!!! Am stunned by this..

I just totally broke up at Red Devil's reference to Frankenstein & live flesh...it was worth reading about 20 lines of the 38 pages, so far , on this topic.

I have visions that what has prompted this 'voluminous' response must be hundreds of gals with nothing more than threads for lips. Is it true?

Just think of the good that could be accomplished if Angelina endorsed a product & then donated the profits to her fave charities.

I'm not badmouthing lip plumpers but WOW, doesn't this seem to be getting a bit 'out there'....?
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Good Gosh, I just noticed the Lip2Kiss post has 52 pages.....

Now I know this topic is 'out there'....
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Alright, some of you might remember I've claimed HA supps did nothing (visible) for me.

I went through 1bottle Hydraplenish and 1 Source Naturals HA.

That was last year, so now I wanna have a go again. Maybe it needed more time than I gave it, I gave it about 1,5 months.

I started a new Hydraplenish today -- will update.

My question is, has any of you younger gals had HA work for you? I'm wondering if it only works to "regain" lost plumpness. My lips have been the same forever. That way I, might be screwed.

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I just recently got the Victoria's Secret Extreme lip plumper. (I just couldn't resist.)

I have found that it actually sort of works! Especially on my upper lip.

I have also found that if I put it on right after using my lip pump, my lips stay fuller longer.

My lips are still growing, bit by bit, using the pump and HA.

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
I just recently got the Victoria's Secret Extreme lip plumper. (I just couldn't resist.)

I have also found that if I put it on right after using my lip pump, my lips stay fuller longer.

that's great! i m very tempted to try the Victoria's Secret Extreme lip plumper...

does it work instantly or how many time do you have to use it before u see results?

also, how long have you been taking the HA supplement?

Many thanks!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi and sorry Smile but this is just one of those kind of threads that I can't trudge through again. I'm sure my question's been asked over and over. Been meaning to try the HA supplements for ages.

Can anyone just tell me if these are the right ones? I know they're pricey, but I want to order within Europe.
http://www.vitasunn.co.uk/webdocs/Items/Details20.cfm
Hyaluronic Acid 50mg 60 tablets by Source Naturals®
BioCell Collagen II™ 1 g Yielding: Type II

Contains
Collagen 600 mg
Hyaluronic Acid 100 mg
Calcium 140 mg
Chondroitin Sulfate 200 mg

TIA M Cool
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Molly they are the same,but my goodness girl...the price Shock

http://www.vitacost.com/Source-Naturals-Hyaluronic-Acid
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Anya - it's OK you go Shock but I only go Rolling Eyes because we're used to it.

How many should I take?

(Sorry, honest - I wrote all this down over a year ago after going through it all, but....)
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:
Red Devil wrote:

that's great! i m very tempted to try the Victoria's Secret Extreme lip plumper...

does it work instantly or how many time do you have to use it before u see results?

also, how long have you been taking the HA supplement?

Many thanks!

Hiya!

It works instantly because it has ingredients that irritate your lips. I *think* I saw on the package that it contains collagen too, for "long-term results". I've heard many people say that it burned their lips to an astonishing degree, but not so with me. My lips are difficult to penetrate, apparently, which is why topical plumpers haven't worked for me. However, this one seems to work because it burns more. (There is a regular version, and an EXTREME version, and I got the EXTREME.)

I have been taking the HA for, well, probably about a year now. When I compare my lips now with older pictures of me, I can definitely see a huge difference. I'm sure my lip pump is helping with that, too. Cool

Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Thanks Anya - it's OK you go Shock but I only go Rolling Eyes because we're used to it.

How many should I take?

(Sorry, honest - I wrote all this down over a year ago after going through it all, but....)

Oh yes, I tried these before when I first started taking HA! Very Happy

I think taking 3 a day is good...at least 60 mg, I believe. It works best for me if I take them throughout the day.

Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Redevil
Can you post pics of your lips? Before and after if you have them?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Laura168 wrote:
Redevil
Can you post pics of your lips? Before and after if you have them?

Why suuure! Just let me dig through some stuff and find some old pics. Very Happy

Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
OK, please don't laugh TOO hard at these pictures! Bad Grin

This is a "before":

And after about six months of HA. You can see how my upper lip in particular has poofed out a bit and is more defined:

In a little while, I will post pictures from earlier today, a few hours after I had used my pump and Victoria's Secret plumper.

Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
And here I am with plumper/pump (it's beginning to last longer and longer!):

(I just noticed that I look really disheveled in each of these pictures. The first was taken while I was working at Papa John's, the second was taken right after I finished working out, and there is just no excuse for the third! Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin )

Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
OMYGOSH!!!
I am buying one of those lip pumpers!!!! WOW!
Are your lips like that last picture all the time? You are so pretty!!

Laura

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Red,
oh that's RIGHT after using the pumper right?
Do they look like the middle picture most the time?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Laura168 wrote:
Red,
oh that's RIGHT after using the pumper right?
Do they look like the middle picture most the time?

Yes, you are right, the middle picture is how they look since I've been on the HA.

The last picture was taken a few hours after pumping, but I had put on some of the Victoria's Secret stuff immediately before the picture. Very Happy

I LOVE my pump! It has taken me four months of use to get my plump to last any length of time, but it's working! Cool Eventually, they *should* start to look like the last picture for most of the day.

daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:33 am      Reply with quote
oh my... i am soooo gonna get the VC Extreme plumper!!!!
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil,
Which Pumper should I buy? Is it the luscious lips one????

Help!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Laura168 wrote:
Red Devil,
Which Pumper should I buy? Is it the luscious lips one????

Help!!!

Yup...mine is the Luscious Lips, mainly because I "ordered" the Igia one and never received it. Mad

Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you sooo much Red Devil

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |