Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Oh, cool! That stuff has the magic Biocell II ingredient AND it’s sold at GNC stores, which means I won’t have to order from online. I’ve only been using the ‘el cheapo’ HA capsules that I got from Walgreens (the ones that started this whole epic thread!) and the Spring Valley “Glucosamine and Collagen with Chondrotin and Hyaluronic Acid” horse pills from Walmart. I mean, I figure if I was getting results with that ‘inferior’ quality stuff, how much more of an improvement am I likely to see from a capsule containing the Biocell II that Judy has raved about??? So anyway, come payday*, I’m going to march my happy little *ss down to my local GNC and buy some of these ‘Derm Beauty HA capsules.’ I really don’t give two hoots about the matching serum – I’ve still got 3/4 of a bottle of my Reviva Labs HA serum left that I bought at Whole Foods a couple months back – so I hope you can buy the supplements separately....

Carrie

* = I work for the State of TX and we only get paid once per month, so what this means is I get paid on the 1st, I pay bills on the 2nd, and then I’m broke until the 1st again. <Sigh> Story of my life!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Carrie,

Derm Beauty HA is really cheap at this site 25.??. Shock

http://fubaohealth.com/
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:34 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Speaking of Ebay, someone told me that they bought a ‘sample’ of hyaluronic acid capsules from someone on Ebay who was marketing them as a lip plumper! So who’s the person that hijacked my idea and decided to turn it into a profit???? I don’t mind someone “legit” like Judy following up and possibly marketing it, but this is just too much! I KNEW I should have tried to patent it or something....

Just want to say Carrie....it's not me on e-bay!!! Don't want to get in trouble with you there. Laughing

I am still persuing bringing out a product of that type through my company, but my experience with this type of thing is that it takes time to communicate the value of a new product to the decision makers and it also has to fit into the overall focus of the company's purpose.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
You know, HA makes a wonderful humectant. It will help keep the outer layer of the dermis moist. But applying it topically will NOT stop or take away wrinkles!! I heard this from a dermatologist,so,I am assuming it is true. Just my 2cents!! Smile
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
ajax wrote:
You know, HA makes a wonderful humectant. It will help keep the outer layer of the dermis moist. But applying it topically will NOT stop or take away wrinkles!! I heard this from a dermatologist,so,I am assuming it is true. Just my 2cents!! Smile

I agree with you; but using Argireline topically has been proven to help with wrinkles and using HA both internally and topically with keep the skin moist to minimize the appearance of wrinkles. The two have different purposes, but each enhances the benefit of the other.

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Winnie for that site-even with tax, S & H-my total was only $31.00-less than GNC would be. Carekate-don't know what your sales tax is, but you should calculate it against the website Winnie found.
Maria
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you are correct. I just started using argireline ( Vivier/TMR)and it really is a nice product! I've been lurking at this site for awhile by the way, and I love reading all the posts. Using HA for lip enhancement is a new one on me and I must admit I am skeptical....however, you all have really got my curiosity up and I think I will try it! So far, the best product I have tried for lip plumping has been Physicians Complex. Too pricey though(@$50).
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
ajax wrote:
Using HA for lip enhancement is a new one on me and I must admit I am skeptical....however, you all have really got my curiosity up and I think I will try it! So far, the best product I have tried for lip plumping has been Physicians Complex. Too pricey though(@$50).

I certainly respect your skepticism. I was probably the most skeptical of all when this started. I have marketed nutritional supplements for almost 15 years and most work much more gradually, rather than instantaneously. But, my lips proved it to me. I would have to say they are only slightly plumper, but the extreme dryness that I couldn't seem to shake is completely gone and the lips are plumper too.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:
ajax wrote:
Using HA for lip enhancement is a new one on me and I must admit I am skeptical....however, you all have really got my curiosity up and I think I will try it! So far, the best product I have tried for lip plumping has been Physicians Complex. Too pricey though(@$50).

I certainly respect your skepticism. I was probably the most skeptical of all when this started. I have marketed nutritional supplements for almost 15 years and most work much more gradually, rather than instantaneously. But, my lips proved it to me. I would have to say they are only slightly plumper, but the extreme dryness that I couldn't seem to shake is completely gone and the lips are plumper too.

JUDY

I am with you on that Judy. When I first starting reading about the HA I thought that is was a VERY LONG SHOT. But, it really does work. My lips are not dry at all, my ankle feels better. The strange thing was that it was immediate!!! I remember when you first started taking them and you had instant results. You did think we were all crazy didn't you? LOL

Winnie
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="I remember when you first started taking them and you had instant results. You did think we were all crazy didn't you? LOL
Winnie[/quote]

Well, no crazier than we usually are. Wink It takes really forward thinking women to discover a new exciting product and we are the ultimate "Queens of the guinea pigs". We'll try just about anything. Laughing

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:47 am      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:
It takes really forward thinking women to discover a new exciting product and we are the ultimate "Queens of the guinea pigs". We'll try just about anything.
Speaking of which, did anyone ever try taking Vitamin-K orally for dark eye circles??
smiama

Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Are hyaluronic acid capsules available in Canada?
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
smiama wrote:
Are hyaluronic acid capsules available in Canada?

Yes Smiama, but you might have to look high and low for them as I did Surprised I tried several of my local health food and drug stores with no luck, then just happened to pop into one in the Eaton Center in TO and voila! Another alternative would be to check out some of the links posted in this thread and buy online.

Anya
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard/tried Synthovial 7 Pure Premium Grade HA? It's from a company called Hyalogic. They say to take it by the dropperful with cold water. ?????? hmm
karan

Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've been watching this thread with much interest and recently ordered the Source Naturals HA (60 tabs for $11.61 at http://www.vitacost.com/Store/Products/ProductDescription.cfm?SKUNumber=021078016250&searchby=PN&SearchText=hyaluronic ). I can't wait to try it.

I wanted to add some thoughts to the discussion. It could be possible that those who drink a lot of water daily could be getting the greatest benefits from the HA supplements. I remember reading somewhere that you can get greater benefits from HA (I can't remember whether it referred to topical or oral HA) when drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day. I'm interesting in knowing if those using HA with success are drinking a lot of water.

Also, a thought on the 'nose growth' experienced by one poster - according to the site http://www.health-logics.com/dbcombo.htm (posted earlier) chondroitin sulfate is HA’s companion that rebuilds cartilage, so perhaps this ingredient (present in some of the HA supplements) could be responsible for growing/building cartilage in the nose, thus making it appear more bulbous at the tip. Just a thought. I'm still going to give the HA a try.
socalgirl
5% products discount

Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I was away from the board for a while... and to come back and find such an interesting discussion, what a treat!! Since I'm a vegetarian I won't use any supplements with collagen in them, I'm going to try to find a pure HA supplement.

Winnie did you ever make that website with all the lip photos??? I love befores and afters!!

Smile
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:09 am      Reply with quote
socalgirl wrote:
I was away from the board for a while... and to come back and find such an interesting discussion, what a treat!! Since I'm a vegetarian I won't use any supplements with collagen in them, I'm going to try to find a pure HA supplement.

Winnie did you ever make that website with all the lip photos??? I love befores and afters!!

Smile

I would just LOVE to see before and after shots - that would be really neat! This lip plumping topic looks like it is going to be a bottomless thread! I've never tried the HA pills (I got scared by the "growing nose" stories! - as hilarious as some of them were!) I am so desperate (in a fun sort of way) to plump it up that I am thinking about getting Perlane injections...Anyway - right now I am using two products (twice a day), first, Clarins Extra Firming Age-Control Lip and Contour (which really does a good jump of enhancing the lip border) then overtop I use Modelle collagen lip plumper...but before applying, I give my lip area a good rub with a towel to increase the circulation ....I don't look like Angelina Jolie but I do get pretty impressive results using these two together - without any of the traditional stinging inherent with most topical plumpers! Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:43 am      Reply with quote
socalgirl wrote:
Since I'm a vegetarian I won't use any supplements with collagen in them, I'm going to try to find a pure HA supplement.
When I first discovered this miracle, I was using the brand Nature’s Bounty Hyaluronic Acid capsules with 30 mg (1 cap twice daily),the original product I bought at Walgreens (national U.S. drugstore chain) that day which started all the fuss. It was straight HA, no collagen included, so you might try to find some of that.

As for Karan’s question about water intake helping enhance results...I’m ashamed to confess that I don’t drink nearly as much water as I should, and I still got pretty good results. But now I wonder if it would be even better if I started chugging my 8 glasses per day???
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I am starting to run out of my Spring Valley supplements (with the 40 mg of HA and 500 mg of Collagen II) purchased at Walmart and was wondering what everyone thinks of the following brand:

http://www.iherb.com/hyaluronic2.html?ovchn=INK&ovcpn=SiteMatch&ovcrn=SMX&ovtac=PI

BioCell Collagen II
Chicken Sternum Collagen Type II, extract, providing 1000 mg
Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II 600 mg
Chondroitin Sulfate 200 mg
Hyaluronic Acid 100 mg

** Usage: Take 2 to 4 capsules per day with or without meals

What do you think?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:52 am      Reply with quote
they sound good to me

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
karan wrote:
I wanted to add some thoughts to the discussion. It could be possible that those who drink a lot of water daily could be getting the greatest benefits from the HA supplements. I remember reading somewhere that you can get greater benefits from HA (I can't remember whether it referred to topical or oral HA) when drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day. I'm interesting in knowing if those using HA with success are drinking a lot of water.

I've had excellent results and I drink 1 to 2 quarts of water daily (that's 8 to 10 glasses).

So far, no nose growth....except when I tell a lie. Laughing

Signed,
Pinnochio (JUDY) Liar

5% products discount

Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie thanks for replying, but unfortunately the http://www.naturesbounty.com product has Gelatin. What a great site they have though with the full labels.

Someone else said they got theirs on Amazon (Winnie maybe?) so I searched and there are tons of brands there, and after more research, I found some that are 100% vegetarian. I'm trying to decide between the triple strength from Solaray, with 60mg per pill (funny their regular strength one has gelatin too) and NOW with 100mg... well actually the NOW is half the price, maybe I should start there! Has anyone tried either of those brands by any chance? Here's info links:
http://www.affordablesolaray.com/11483.html
http://www.iherb.com/hyaluronicacid.html[/url]
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:17 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Speaking of which, did anyone ever try taking Vitamin-K orally for dark eye circles??

I tried to get Vitamin K but my chemist said it was only available on prescription Sad Anyone had any luck getting it?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:51 am      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:
carekate wrote:

I tried to get Vitamin K but my chemist said it was only available on prescription Sad Anyone had any luck getting it?
I think your chemist might be full of bull, because I'm finding it readily available when I google 'vitamin K'...here's a couple of links:

http://www.mothernature.com/shop/sections/index.cfm/s/102166

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/query.jhtml;$sessionid$3MGLQ2JLIIV3SCQUAOWSM4QKCQB1AGXK?q=vitamin+k&l=&b=&d=&pr=&k=&ist=&pt=Vitamin+K
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi caretake, thanks for the links.

I kinda guessed that it would be available from US sites (most things are Laughing ) but I don't think that we can buy vitamin k here in the UK in an actual pharmacy. Which is quite worrying really Confused I was told that it was only available on prescription because it is to help blood clotting. But I do know it is possible to buy mulivitamins, which contain a small amount of vitamin k. Maybe I'll try that. Idea
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |