Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Okay, this time I think I've really found the secret to plumper lips! Y'all know that I've been researching all of the lip plumping products on the market, first on behalf of my mother who's been threatening to squander my inheritance (Wink) on collagen injections, and then later on for my own benefit after my grandmother informed me my lips look a lot smaller than they did a couple years ago....All of my research on lip care and lip plumping products has provided me with the knowledge that lips are comprised primarily of collagen and our old friend, hyaluronic acid.

I've chronicled the use of CityLips lip plumper (my mom saw limited results, I had no results at all), Lamas Lip Enhancer (does not plump but it does help smooth lip lines, hydrates well and imparts a gorgeous, your-lips-but-better pink tint) and a homemade lip plumper called Swellips purchased on Ebay (after three weeks use, my mom's lips have increased in volume by 3 millimeters and my lips have increased by 2 millimeters). While those results are pretty good, I must be a bit greedy because I want my lips to be even more voluptuous! And I think I've stumbled upon the ultimate answer, the holy grail....

While I was at Walgreens (national drugstore chain) on Friday to pick up my monthly slew of migraine prescriptions, I saw a display on the counter for hyaluronic acid capsules that they were selling as a nutritional supplement for skin and joint health. I was intrigued, and at $9.99 for 60 capsules, it seemed like a small price to pay for yet another experiment in lip plumping...and even if it didn't do anything for my mouth, maybe it would help me with the painful bone spur in my ankle that flairs up from time to time so I figured WTH and put a bottle in my shopping basket.

In order to measure to accurately gauge the effectiveness of these new HA capsules, I made a lip print before I took my first capsule and recorded that my top lip measured 5/16ths of an inch (sorry - I couldn't find my metric ruler!) and my bottom lip measured 7/16ths. I took the HA capsule and went to bed. On Saturday morning, I looked in the mirror and nearly had a heart attack -- I couldn't believe the result could be so dramatic after only one dose, but I made another lip print and got out the ruler. This time, my top lip was 8/16ths of an inch and my bottom lip was an astonishing 11/16ths!! My mom was insanely jealous when she saw me Saturday afternoon and made me run back down to Walgreens to pick up a bottle of the capsules for her!

Bottom line: I'm pretty sure I can safely retire my tube of 'Swellips' and won't be repurchasing when it runs out. To keep my mouth full and fabulous from now on, I'll take one HA capsule daily and keep my kisser smooth and hydrated by using my Lamas Lip Enhancer by day and slathering on a coat of Aquaphor at night.

If you're looking to "plump your pucker" (sorry Winnie, I couldn't resist! Wink), I highly recommend you try hyaluronic acid as a nutritional supplement....

Smooches!! Very Happy
Carrie
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I like the dedication you are showing and it is good to see that you have scientifically tested this product. I am running to the chemist now to see if they stock these capsules.
Keep up the good work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Carekate,

That is AWESOME!!! Thank you!

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:52 am      Reply with quote
hang on Carrie, you say you swallowed the capsule not applied it direct and it had an overnight effect? Did anything else swell up? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
hang on Carrie, you say you swallowed the capsule not applied it direct and it had an overnight effect? Did anything else swell up? Laughing

hmm Carrie please explain a little more. Did you open the cap. and apply topically?? How the heck can you have results overnight if you took it internally? I believe you but guess I need to know more on how this works. Fill us in ... this is a major subject. Very Happy

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
... Did anything else swell up? Laughing

Laughing Idea

Happy for you Carekate!

Medusa
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
make sure you measure at the same time and stuff as well

alot of water retention can occur and obscure your results
Mabsy

Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Don't mean to rain of the parade but, is there anything else that you have done differently? Like maybe drink a lot more whater? Not sure here but it sounds like you swallowed it - as opposed to applying it topically - and I don't see how that could have overnight effects by itself. Good on you though - you finally got the result you were looking for! Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
guapagirl wrote:
hmm Carrie please explain a little more. Did you open the cap. and apply topically?? How the heck can you have results overnight if you took it internally? I believe you but guess I need to know more on how this works. Fill us in ... this is a major subject. Very Happy
No, I just swallowed the capsule with a glass of water...I know, how could it possibly work that fast with only one dose? But it did! If I hadn’t seen it with my own two eyes and measured it with the ruler, I wouldn’t believe me either!

Of course, it could just be a cummulative thing based on the combination of products that I've been using: CityLips (doesn't plump worth a damn, but it's still a fairly nice lip gloss...it moisturizes well, if nothing else) and Swellips (I'm only using it twice per day now, but until I started taking the HA capsules, I'd previously only seen a 2mm increase in size).

It's definitely not from increasing my water intake...I'm ashamed to admit that I'm fortunate if I manage to consume 5 glasses per day rather than the recommended 8 glasses, (I know, don't lecture me!!) and I don't think it's water retention, because normally it's my boobs that are the first thing to swell (I know -- TMI!!)....

Whatever is the ultimate cause, I don't think the results I'm seeing are a fluke because after four days now of taking the HA capsules, my lips are still measuring the same as they did on Saturday (i.e.: top lip = 5/16ths and bottom lip = 8/16ths), which is just fine by me -- the difference in the fullness of my mouth is so noticable that a couple of coworkers have asked me if I had injections done recently.

So whatever's causing this miracle, I'm completely satisfied with it! Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Now I am going to try these suppliments. Thanks so much. If it works great. If it doesn't I have not invested too much. Hope my local CVS carries them.

Happy Holiday

dian

Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
and restylane is what the surgeon injects into your lips to plump them, and other wrinkles, I have taken it capsule form, for some time and at 57 next month I do have full lips. However I keep experimenting with the lip plumpers because I want to see how full I can get them. They also help your joints soo much kinda like a cushion in the joints.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie....

Can you see any difference in other areas of your face? Do you have any wrinkles? Do they seem "plumped up"?

Like Winnie, I say this is definitely worth a try. At that price, what have we got to lose!

If this really works that well, I'll be on our CEO's doorstep demanding that our company come out with this supplement, yesterday!

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I've truly got to stop reading these boards, dear ladies! Else the only one if my family who will receive a visit from Santa will be me!But how lucky will Santa be to get a smooch from my plumped up lips, with my smooth, smooth face!!! LOL!
Well, off to CVS to try yet another lip miracle-at least this price is really good!
Carekate, I've also used Swellips-I do like that also, but happy to hear your results from this!
Thanks,
Maria
dian

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Please tell me how to measure my lips, I put on fresh lipstick and kiss a sheet of paper and then measure the imprint. Is there a better way?

Dian
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I don't understand how a ingesting a supplement will only make the lips swell. I would think it would make other body parts swell, good lord I don't need any other body parts to swell Very Happy . I need feedback from other forumites who are going to try this. I usually jump right in on trying the "lastest find" but with this I'm not sure.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie,

hmm If this is working you might has discovered something. No kidding, maybe you should talk to someone and get a website going. You can sell this stuff. You might become a very famous lady. Dancing Dancing

maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree with Winnie & I'll be one of your first customers! Tried to buy some last night-couldn't find it-what section is it in? Name on bottle-anything???? Come on, give it up, pretty please!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful thanksgiving!
Maria
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
CareKate et al:

Do the capsules you are taking have powder in them or the gel?

I'm in Canada and bought some liquid Hyaluronic Acid by Source of Life (for internal use- I'm not sure if there is even a difference between that and the stuff that we put on our face?). Anyhow this one is meant specifically for internal use. I thought it would be good to take internally. I read an ad for it in the Alive magazine and it said it was good for joints and for your skin. I've been taking it for 4 days now with no noticable difference in my lips. (Although I must confess I don't "measure" my lips but I can't see any difference when I look in the mirror.)

My mom has arthritis and the ad said it was good for joint mobility and so she went and bought the capsules (they have powder in them, not liquid- they didn't have the one I bought in stock.) She has been taking the capsules for 3 days now and said she has not noticed anything different with her lips (or her joints yet). Again I want to mention that she is not measuring her lips either and is just going by how they look.

Everyone reacts differently though so it is worth a try. As I said it must be good for your skin even if it doesn't plump up your lips.
Minx
5% products discount

Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Sounds promising on the HA capsules! Have you tried applying HA liquid to the lips? I just tried some Cellex C Hydra 5 B complex and it seems to plump a little but dries out my lips waaaaay too much. Confused Anyone have other ideas related to HA/lip plumping Question
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Dian wrote:
Please tell me how to measure my lips, I put on fresh lipstick and kiss a sheet of paper and then measure the imprint. Is there a better way?
That's the way I've been measuring mine...if anyone knows of a better way, please share!

Judy -- don't hate me, but I really don't have any wrinkles on my face so I can't tell you if the HA capsules help with that -- sorry! Sometimes I think that's the only benefit of having über-oily skin, although I realize it's more likely I've simply got good genes in that department....

I got mine at Walgreens, in the vitamin/nutritional supplements aisle. I bought the "Health Logic Derma Beauty HA Capsules, 60-count" (it's a white powder in a capsule) but there are several other brands...if you can't find it at your local pharmacy, maybe you should try a health food store? It's probably going to be shelved with the other "joint health" products. If worse comes to worst, you can definitely order it online -- just perform a search of "hyaluronic acid supplements" and it'll return a slew of hits.

Minx wrote:
Sounds promising on the HA capsules! Have you tried applying HA liquid to the lips?
Actually, I DO use my HA serum on my lips! It's a high potency HA serum made by Reviva Labs -- I got it after Casper's Mum recommended I use a moisturizer containing HA for my oily skin, then someone else said I could get a straight HA serum at a health food store for a way less $$. I just smooth it on my lips while I'm applying it to the rest of my face, then I followup with my regular lip balm (Lamas Lip Enhancer by day and a mix of CityLips and Aquaphor ointment at night). I've been doing this for about six-weeks, but I didn't notice any plumping difference until I actually started taking the HA capsules....

BTW, I measured my lips again on Saturday and my top lip was 9/16th of an inch and my bottom lip was holding steady at 11/16ths, so I'm completely satisfied with the fullness of my lips...now if I could just find something to help smooth out the lines on my lips so they're truly "pillow lips"....

Once you other ladies start using the HA capsules, keep us apprized of your results!

Carrie
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Well ladies, I was at my local health food store today and bought HA Acid 20 mg.(is that the right mgs.???) capsules. I paid 15.99 for 30 Shock But, I just had to see what happens to my puckers. Very Happy Believe me Carrie, I won't hold it against you if they do nothing for me.

If this works you really should get someone to formulate them for you and get a website going. We will all help you come up with a name for your site. hmm hmm
Skin Addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
The HA really works! I bought some at my local health foods store (Whole Foods) and it definitely plumped them up way more than any of the topical stuff (city lips, etc.). At first the left side was a little fuller than the right. Anyone else notice the same results? Thank you so much for the recommendation! Who woulda thunk?
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
To get the uneveness, did you apply it topically, or take it orally? I did buy some capsules & really do think my lips are plumper, but not sure if it's my imagination.
I'm taking 1 capsule am & 1 pm-what is everyone else doing?
Thanks,
Maria
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have been taking the 20 mg caps once a day. I am still waiting to hear from the rest of you if that is the the right dose. It has been 3 day. I can't see any difference. Perhaps it's because I already have full lips. Of course I would not mind them a bit fuller. Rolling Eyes

Let me know what dose the rest of you are taking.

Winnie
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Well, guess I've just got to get some HA and try this out. I'm not so interested in plump lips as I am what it could do for facial skin. It' may be that you see the results first in your lips because I believe somewhere I read that your lips have a large percentage of collagen and if HA promotes collagen growth that's why you'd see the lip plumping. Better yet, if it actually does promote collagen growth, it follows that you will see the effects in other parts of your skin.

Unfortunately, it seems that you youngun's are the ones seeing most of the result quickly and we not-so-youngun's are the ones that probably need it most. Confused

I probably won't post my results untill I get back from my Caribbean cruise, but will begin my experiment today! Cool

JUDY

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |