Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Ha capsules really work for me. I've tried almost all the lip plumpers and ha is so much better than any of them.

The only problem- I also get puffy eyes! Does this happen to anyone else?
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Ha capsules work for me too, but I did not get an immediate effect, it took at least a couple of weeks to be sure they worked.

Sorry to hear that your eyes get puffy, lagomorph. I did worry a bit about what else it would puff and pump at first, but for me it only plumps the lips.

Maybe some eye exercise would help?
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I've tried everything to get rid of the puffyness. If it wasn't for the upper eyes, I'd be taking ha everyday. It's amazing what it did for my lips, and my skin looked great too.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
That's too bad Sad

I used to get puffy eyes from (too rich) eye cream earlier and it's no fun. Reduces the joy of the great lips and skin pretty easily.
Pinup_Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I'm definitely going to have to try these!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Will definitely buy when I see them!! Thanks!!
jilly_beans830

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
hello,
i am very new to this site
and i have read good things about this source naturals HA?
does anybody know of any side effects, or becoming dependent on it? also, where can i find it?
LISAOHIO

Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL BUT JUST STUCK TO IT THE PAST YEAR SINCE I HAD HEART SURGERY AT 36 YEARS OLD AND REALLY GOT INTO SKIN CARE AND STUCK WITH IT AS I USED TO BUY SO MUCH AND TRY IT AND JUST KEEP COLLECTING AND NOT USING FAITHFULLY. I AM A MAKEUP JUNKIE AND SINCE MOST DAYS I AM AT HOME I HAVE BEEN REPLACING MAKEUP WITH SKIN CARE UNLESS I GO OUT. I AM LOOKING FOR A GREAT INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL LIP PLUMPER. I AM GOING TO TRY THE HA CAPUSLES AS CARRIE MENTIONED AND TRY TO APPLY TOPICALLY ALSO IF I FIND A GEL FORM. I THOUGHT THE INGREDIENT MAXI LIP WHICH IS IN SKINN COSMETICS LIP PLUMPER WAS WHAT NEEDS TO BE IN THE PRODUCT AND HYLARONIC ACID. I TRIED LIPFUSION XL THE MOST EXPENSIVE OF THERE LINE AND USED AT LEAST 2X A DAY TILL GONE AND SAW NO RESULTS VISUALLY AS I HAVE NEVER MEASURED MY LIP EITHER. I TRIED LIP VENOM WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT SEVERAL YEARS AGO. THAT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME EITHER. I WANT A LIP PLUMPER FOR BEDTIME AND IF IT WOULD WORK FOR DAY OVER LIP STICK OR LIP GLOSS I WOULD USE OVER THOSE PRODUCTS IF IT COULD PENETRATE THEM BUT I DOUBT IT COULD. I CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH LINE I FOUND SELL LIPSTICK WITH MAXI LIP IN IT. I THINK IT IS GUERLAIN, I JUST GOOGLED PRODUCTS WITH MAXI LIP. IT COULD HAVE BEEN CHRISTIAN DIOR
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:48 am      Reply with quote
The best lip plumper I've used is too face's lip injection extreme. If I use it consistantly my lips do look a bit larger (I have thin lips Crying or Very sad ). I don't like the formula- it has the consistency of pancake syrup. It also turns your lip red when you put it on, which I don't like, but that goes away after awhile. It works a little bit better than lip fusion for me, enough that I can look past the consistency. Some people find it really stings when they put it on, but I don't find it uncomfortable at all.

Honestly, I doubt any lip plumper is going to do much. Injections are probably the best option, but try the ha capsules. They worked better than any lip plumper.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:21 am      Reply with quote
One time I dissolved one of the ha capsules in a little water and put that on my lips and it worked really well. It had an awful vitamin smell and taste though.

I was thinking of getting some ha powder and make a super concentrated ha serum for my lips.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have found that Dior's Lip Maximizer works for me. Not humongous results, of course, but still good-looking and it lasts a good bit of time. Victoria's Secret works well too. I also like Wet 'n Wild Mega Plump -- it works and it's hella-cheap! It's cool how my lip pump has sensitized my lips, allowing topical plumpers to actually do something.

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
naama

Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new. I've been reading about these lip pumps, I know it sounds crazy, but can't you just use a vaccum hose to get the same kind of suction as these. Is anybody with a pump brave enough to try this and let us know if it feels the same?
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:31 am      Reply with quote
naama wrote:
Hi, I'm new. I've been reading about these lip pumps, I know it sounds crazy, but can't you just use a vaccum hose to get the same kind of suction as these. Is anybody with a pump brave enough to try this and let us know if it feels the same?

Hi naama! Smile

You're probably right, more than likely it would be the same. Unfortunately, I'm too much of a chicken to try it out, mostly because those vacuum cleaner things get terribly dirty. Confused

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Naama,

I wouldn't do that. I actually have a cupping set and I use it to massage my face with great results. Even though I have the luscious lips device i thought I could try it in my lips as well. It did not worked and it make my lips and surrounding skin bruise. That has only happen few times with the luscious lips 'cause i got very enthusiastic and overdid it a bit.
If you want to try it good luck and keep us posted. But if I was you I would not even think about it... Confused
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Naama,

I wouldn't do that. I actually have a cupping set and I use it to massage my face with great results. Even though I have the luscious lips device i thought I could try it in my lips as well. It did not worked and it make my lips and surrounding skin bruise. That has only happen few times with the luscious lips 'cause i got very enthusiastic and overdid it a bit.
If you want to try it good luck and keep us posted. But if I was you I would not even think about it... Confused

I didn't even think about the possibility of bruising! You're absolutely right. I would think the vacuum cleaner would be too aggressive. Embarassed

jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing all this information with us. We all wanted to know a secret to more voluptuous plumber lips.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I need to restock on my internal HA and take regularly. There is a good deal on NSI HA atwww.vitacost.com :
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Hyaluronic-Acid-BioCell-Collagen-II

In the meantime, I've been using Nature's Way Hydraplenish (same ingredients). The biggest benefit I've gotten from the internal HA is that it is great for my itchy allergy eyes!!! I think, as some have speculated earlier on this thread, the HA goes where it needs to go first and my eyes need it!

On enhancing my lips, Lips2Kisswww.lips2kiss.com helped even when not followed "religiously" - some increased size, much more moist, brought back some of my lip's youthful color. And using aspirin mask or NCN 30% Pro Pumpkin Peel (test first, it might be too much for you as the lips are sensitive tissue!) on my lips while doing my face has helped with exfoliation and bumping up the color as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:45 am      Reply with quote
I've been doing some reading up on this thread. I had started a thread about the luscious lips device and i see it here now!! hehe ..I should have looked more on the forums for it...i wasn't sure if it's a new thing out or not!

Anyways...so is hyaluronic acid really worth trying? I have a whole foods nearby that has it, but i'm hoping to get the extra push to try it! I just have a hard time believing a pill can make lips fuller!

Secondly, someone said that fat fillers for lips actually is permanent. All the surgeons i've talked to all say it's usually absorbed within the first year. Has anyone actually had this done? I would like to get permanent lip enhancements but the only thing that is permanent aren't very good such as gortex!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:53 am      Reply with quote
This is the facts about fat transfer for lips:

- What is fat transfer?
Fat transfer is another option for lip augmentation which involves harvesting excess fat from areas such as the abdomen or thigh and placing it within the lip. Much like temporary fillers, fat injections into the lip can provide volume enhancement and a more shapely, feminine lip contour. In many cases, lip enhancement with fat can provide a permanent result. However, because some fat that is transferred will inevitably be absorbed to varying degrees, a series of fat injections is often required to achieve the desired level of augmentation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Does lip plumper really make your lips more sexy?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

I have a lip pumper from God knows how long - at least 5 years. I dont even remember the name or where I got it from....

I stopped using it a year ago until i read this forum and dug it out of my closet last week...

When I use it i can only do small pumps - my lips or maybe hte pump itself doesnt hold. I can only hold it for like a second each pump. I do get a result - but it goes away very quickly.

Is this normal? Do I need to use vaseline on my lips?
DOes the rubber ring at the bottom inside of hte pump maybe need vaseline?? It works ok until I use it on my lips - doesnt stick when I just pull it but on my lips it sticks a bit and makes a squeaking noise. IT also smells like rubber...

PS I did use this thing maybe a year ago for about a month and it worked fine - dont know what the problem is now though

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 16, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

I have a lip pumper from God knows how long - at least 5 years. I dont even remember the name or where I got it from....

I stopped using it a year ago until i read this forum and dug it out of my closet last week...

When I use it i can only do small pumps - my lips or maybe hte pump itself doesnt hold. I can only hold it for like a second each pump. I do get a result - but it goes away very quickly.

Is this normal? Do I need to use vaseline on my lips?
DOes the rubber ring at the bottom inside of hte pump maybe need vaseline?? It works ok until I use it on my lips - doesnt stick when I just pull it but on my lips it sticks a bit and makes a squeaking noise. IT also smells like rubber...

PS I did use this thing maybe a year ago for about a month and it worked fine - dont know what the problem is now though

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!

Interesting device. If it is 5 years old, maybe something inside deteriorated due to age. I don't see any reason not to try the vaseline if you haven't already. But if that doesn't fix things, maybe it's time to get a new one. Since you don't know the name of it or where you got it from, you might have to search google to see if you can find something similar.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I think that, over time, the pump can lose its suction as the rubber piece gets older. For that reason, I'm toying with the idea of buying a second one in case mine gives out. I've been using mine for well over a year now, I clean it everyday, and it still seems to be working fine.

Lately I've been using Hydraplenish along with my usual Rexall. I've also been using some collagen capsules that I discovered at Walmart, and I've seen a major difference in my lips. Plus, the pump is gradually working better and better, and my plump is lasting longer as I go. Very Happy

mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 8:35 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the help...

I figured out it IS the pump's rubber thingy inside. I just use moisturizer on it when it starts to stick and then it works great...

One more question - i KNOW this has been posted here probably 100 times - but this thread is so long...

Could someone please post the actual routine to use with the lip pump? I keep reading about conditioning phase and pulling and holding for certain amount of times etc.

I just pull and hold until my lips get really big and sometimes start to throb - but obviously Im not supposed to do that. Smile

THANKS AGAIN!!!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
According to the instructions I received with my pump, the routine goes a little something like this:

For the first 14 days -- use the pump to pull your lips for two seconds, that is, hold your lips in the pump for two seconds. Do this five times. I did mine five times in succession.

On the 15th day, you can move up to 5-second pulls. Do that for five days, I think. After that, you can do 10-second pulls.

You can find the detailed instructions here:

www.cynthiarowland.com

I've done the conditioning phase about three times, because my lips weren't taking to the device very well. But now, finally, a year and a half later, I'm seeing results.

I hope this helps! Smile

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |