Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
obsessedshopper
5% products discount

Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the post on the HA supplements! I wonder if it will also help with dry skin generally? Any experience?

I've noticed this is in some moisturizers now a days . .

So excited to grab my bottle from walgreens! Very Happy
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:11 am      Reply with quote
HA has done WONDERS for my dry skin! Since I've been taking it, my skin has been supple and, well, non-dry. I'm surprised that more people don't use it.

By the way -- I'm in the UK right now, and I'm wondering where I can buy HA around here? I've looked in Superdrug, Boots, etc. and don't see any. Question

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
HA has done WONDERS for my dry skin! Since I've been taking it, my skin has been supple and, well, non-dry. I'm surprised that more people don't use it.

By the way -- I'm in the UK right now, and I'm wondering where I can buy HA around here? I've looked in Superdrug, Boots, etc. and don't see any. Question

Holland And Barrett do Hyaluronic Acid with Chondroitin and Vitamin C (50, 100 and 30mg respectively), it's on offer now and again. They do HA in 30mg tablets.

They have 100mg capsules on ebay, if that helps.

I'd love to know where I can get a lip pump in the UK a bit cheaper too Confused
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I checked at Holland & Barrett in Fareham, and BAM! HA, just like you said. Yay!! Very Happy

I've never seen the lip pump actually being sold, in a store. I've only ever seen them online. www.igia.com has a cheap one, but there are all sorts of problems with their website.

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Red - Viridian sell HA capsules from a vege source. I've just started taking them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
i have been using 100 mg tablets for about a week and noticed a slight difference to my lips but none to my skin

about 3 nights ago i doubled my dose and have been taking 200 mg ha with collagen and lips are at least 1/3 bigger, plus my skin looks more plumped and face generally lifted and younger

i dont think higher doses are harmful so thats always worth a try for more results
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
HI, Guys, Yep, I'm crazy but, I use a "Dirt Devil" on my lips. Shock I've only done it a few times but, it works! The effect doesn't last long but, maybe with time it will. Question I use HA tablets 50mg and want to try collagen tablets from Wal-Mart mentioned above.
Thank you, Everyone Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I ordered some restylane from Canada but it is going to take forever to get here. I have this event at my old High School. I used to have a lip pump but I wore it out! LL is way too expensive. Any alternative brands, ladies? Thank You!
Kiley
5% products discount

Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Wow; I'm new here and just found this thread. Looks like I'm going to the wet blanket here, darn it. I have been taking the NSI brand HA from Vitacost for about four months now, and I'm said to say I have not noticed any difference.

I certainly buy the theory, which is why I started doing it. It's great to hear of some of your great results, and frankly, makes me a little jealous! Smile

Kiley
EZUltrasound
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
carekate - I was wondering if you are still using the Swellips? I was interested in purchasing it but when I ran an Ebay search, I got no results.... Where are you buying it from? Can you post the link or email of the person who is making so I can purchase? THANKS!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone knows if they make a smaller Hyaluronic acid capsule? I have a heck of a time swallowing pills and bought a bottle of HA capsules (Natures Way Hydraplenish) and could only muster the pills for a few weeks with nearly choking every time I swallowed one. I really liked the effects of the pills, skin felt great and lips looked plumper too...but finally had to give up at the risk of choking to death! I know this a mind over matter thing, but I guarantee my mind will win every time with this one....there is no changing it.
Or better yet, do they make HA in powder form that I could mix with something? I would love to put HA back in to my supplement line along with MSM...Thanks!! Very Happy

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, Still using my Dirt Devil on my lips. It's great. Haven't seen any results from HA tablets.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Still wondering if they make HA in powder or smaller capsule form....have been looking high and low for it but no luck....ahh well!! ha ha...

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
love_bitten_4_eva_smitten

Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
heh i make my own. it works really well!! i just get powdered ginger,(a little tiny bit of) pepper, cinamon, and honey,mix it and rub it into my lips. makes them sooo plump and pretty!!

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, I just got a recent newsletter from this company I sometimes buy supplements from (they're called Vitamin Research Products). They just came out with a new Hylauronic Acid lip balm. Guess I'm not supposed to link to any websites, but you can find their website easy and just search for "lip balm" on their site. It's a brand new product so they don't have a pic of it yet (I'm not affiliated with this company at all, but I use some of their products and have always been impressed with the research they put into their stuff). After reading this thread I think I might try this stuff out.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Tatter,
I just bought that new product. We will see.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Tatter:
The Hylauronic Acid lip balm is the bomb. It is great. It makes your lips feel so soft and supple... I highly recommend this. I am going to buy this to have with me all the time. I am going to try their lotion too. Check this company out. "vitamin Research Products"
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I just want to rave again about this Pure HA Lip Balm from Vitamin Research Products. My lips are full and mushy soft. It is be best lip balm I have ever used. It is in my opinion better than L2K....
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:58 am      Reply with quote
hi girls,

I don't know if it has been asked before, but does it also plump up your 'other lips', if you know what I mean, lol? Cool

I figured if by taking HA supplements, it must be affecting other areas with the same textures as the lips in your face? Laughing

so maybe the nipples as well?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm bringing this back. I stopped taking this for years and actually forgot about it until recently. I found a bottle in my cabinet that had a few left. So I started taking it at night again. and after 3 days WOW! My lips are huge!

I really think it matters that you take the brand Source Naturals Skin Eternal with Biocell Collagen II. It has 600 mg of Type II Collagen in it along with the Hyaluronic Acid of 100mg. Something about that combo.

I have not even started using the city lips again yet. You definitely see more in the AM. Just like if you have salty stuff the night before you are more swollen in the AM. that is why the City Lips will help it stay through the day with its own technology.

City Lips is the only one that was tested by Consumer Reports and they actually MEASURED a difference in swelling after 30 days of use. The others are only temporary. Again I stopped the CL because at $29 a tube it was just too much. But the $12.50 for 2 tubes worth is something I can do. This really fits the title of this thread with EUREKA!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:49 am      Reply with quote
I thought collagen II WAS hylauronic acid? Embarassed I am confused I just ordered a bunch from Jarrow now I dont know if I got the right stuff,I also wanted to try to buy the Japanese sweet potatos that are naturally high in HA but dont know where to buy, does anyone know?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:48 am      Reply with quote
http://www.appliedhealth.com/ABC_News_HA.html here's the link to that article on the Japanese who live longer with the consumption of japanese sweet potatoes high in HA
minze
5% products discount

Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting that link, lucyluc. Really interesting story. The article said that the root potatoes 'stimulate' the bodies natural production of HA, not that they contain HA. So, it seems like you could just eat a regular sweet potato and not necessarily the Japanese one. The regular sweet potato is also a ROOT tuber as opposed to a potato which is a tuber.

Wakame seaweed is another food commonly found in Japanese diets. Wakame inhibits hyaluronidase from breaking down HA. I've been experimenting w/ different recipes, but the only way I can eat the stuff is in an omelet.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know the recommended intake of HA by food per day?

Googled HA, because I don't now anything about it and I found that there's also some possibly side effects that can occur, such as cancer.. they haven't really study this for long as it seems, the effect of overdo HA.

"While a number of studies have linked abnormal levels of HA to either connective tissue disorders (CTDs) or conditions common in CTDs, such as premature aging, there are also a number of studies on Pubmed noting associations of high levels of HA to some forms of cancer. With HA as with other substances in the human body, such as estrogen and cholesterol, there are most likely optimal levels, and disease often occurs when these levels become out of range in either direction. Low estrogen levels have been linked to bone loss, while high estrogen levels have been associated with breast cancer. High cholesterol levels have been linked to heart attacks and stroke, while low levels have been linked to bleeding problems and depression. HA has been studied less than either cholesterol or estrogen, but the prudent path would be to assume that the body has optimal levels of HA, as it does for cholesterol, estrogen and many other substances.

As such, it is always prudent to consult your doctor before you decide to take HA or any other type of supplement to make sure it is an appropriate treatment for your particular health condition."
JustMe2009

Tue May 12, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Whoah vanilj...Are you serious? I have estrogen dominance and I'm on birth control with the lowest estrogen and progesterone so now I'm scared. Will the HA really cause that problem as it runs in my family...scary! Shock

So Ladies...I have to say that I'm very disappointed. I am taking collagen capsules and the HA 20mg tablets three times a day and three times each...9 pills a day and I see no improvement and it's been about a week. Sad The brand is Spring Valley. Any suggestions? Maybe I should opt for the lip implant haha.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |