Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Well I waited 4 weeks for my supply of HA to come (ordered online from the USA) and was so excited when I received the package yesterday. It was short-lived though, they sent the wrong item! Instead I have Skin Eternal Plus which is a multi-vitamin type thing with some extras thrown in. I will keep it though as cant be bothered with sending it back etc, but will email company to let them know. Has anyone ordered online from the UK and had reasonable delivery time?
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no, you must be gutted Brick wall My sympathies.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Some of the supplements have varying amounts of hyaluronic acid and of glucosamine. Bear in mind that these supplements are intended for joint repair, so some may have more glucosamine and less hyaluronic acid. I experienced that in trying different products. I found that for lip plumping, I needed at least 40 mg of HA and that supplements with the Biocell II form of collagen was best for me.

Supplements that have worked best for me are Collagen Type II by Vitamin Research Laboratories and Hyaluronic Acid by Source Naturals. Collagen Type II is a capsule and the one by Source Naturals is a tablet.

Judy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
You are all going to fall off your chair on this one. Laughing

About two weeks ago I went into the Merle Norman studies to buy some JI pressed powder. While there, they told me about the contest they were having. You apply one of their lipsticks and then blot your lips on a piece of paper and put your name, etc. on the back.

They would then have a judging of all the lip blots to choose several different winners. Since I've been using the HA/collagen supplements, I thought this ought to be good! Wink

I also thought that all of you would find it a real hoot if I won a lip contest! Laughing

There were several women standing around when I did mine, and they all make astonished comments when they looked at my lip print.... ahem! All of them were younger than me Laughing

I decided that if I didn't win something, the contest was rigged or at the least, flawed. Got back into town today and checked my messages and, sure enough, I had a message from the MN studio that my lips had been judged as the best "Cupid's Bow" lips and to come by and collect my prize.

Couldn't wait to post my win here for all of you mutual "plumped lip ladies". Laughing

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Way to go Judy!!! That is so awesome. Your husband must have loved that.

We are just going to start calling you sexy lips. Very Happy
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:44 am      Reply with quote
Good for you Judy well done.
My lips are a bit pumper and infinitely smoother and less chapped, but there aint no way I could win a competition with them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:40 am      Reply with quote
That's hilarious! Congrats
Mabsy

Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations Judy! Now I want to buy some HA tablets - until now I have been mostly immune to this thread Laughing What did you win?
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations Judy! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Lee......i ordered my tablets - Source Naturals -Skin Eternal Hyaluronic Acid.........fromwww.vitanetonline.com away back on the 13th January 2005.........i actually emailed them about 3 times - no reply - then only last week - which is about 4 weeks later - did i receive them..........they are the only best bet......because as you know.....the uk site biovea sell the same for £19.99 each..........and i got two of those bottles for £15.98/99.........so the best way - so as not to be dissappointed in the future......is to order them - well in advance.............regards Karina
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Congratulations Judy! Now I want to buy some HA tablets - until now I have been mostly immune to this thread Laughing What did you win?

I just got back in town last night and got the message, so haven't been by to pick up my prize! I'd bet it has something to do with lip treatment and color. Laughing

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Karina, vitanet is the company i ordered mine from, so i guess i was just unlucky that they sent the wrong thing. i might try phoning them tomorrow and seeing if they can sort something out for me, as you say the price is good.
jcp
5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I finally got my HA tablets in about a week ago, and while I haven't measured my lips, I think they may be a bit plumper. Maybe just wishful thinking, but I at least feel more kissable! Razz

I got the Source Naturals variety with Biocell Collagen II that Judy mentioned (by the way - congrats on the big win!) from vitacost.com. The shipping was quick and cheap in the US, and the price seemed reasonable. Thanks gals, for another great find!
karan

Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Source Natural HA tablets for about 4 days now and I do believe I see some fullness in my lips. It is the lower lip that seems slightly larger and my upper lip, which needs plumping the most, is not noticably larger. Oh well, I will keep taking the tablets and see if my upper lip eventually plumps.
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Back to lip plumpers. I've been using Lipfusion just came out. you can get it on sephora, and it's been working very well for me. I do see a difference. And it doesn't hurt like all the rest of them. I also order Swellips from ebay heard that it works well also. Lets see Rolling Eyes
Diva.
5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! My first post.. Very Happy

I found this site whilst looking for reviews on something else.. but Im thrilled to have found this topic!

I live abroad in the Czech Republic, and they are massively big on vitamins and natural remedies, etc. I just looked up HA and managed to find a complex that contains (in each tablet)
250 mg Hydrolized collagen, 150mg Glucosamine Sulfate, 75mg Chondroitin Sulphate, and 25 mg Hyaluronic Acid...

It is very popular in liquid form here, apparently ..

Id never heard of this stuff plumping lips before today when I read carekates post (by the way, I lived in austin for 7 years!) but while I was searching the Czech search engines, I did find some Plastic surgeons office who seemed to be offering a special face treatment with HA made in either Sweden or Switzerland (i forget which) for 400 Euros! Oi!

I'll post back with my results after I get mine..

Cau! Very Happy
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Don't want to disappoint you Diva, but from my experience, I believe that you'll need to find a forumlation with at least 40mg of HA. I tried one that had less HA than 40mg and it did nothing. I think that most of the others who have seen a noticeable result used a supplement with more than 25mg of HA. I find that the amounts of the ingredients is important and the two that I have used that worked well both contained a patented form of collagen called Biocell II.

If you go to the Biocell II Laboratories website, they list suppliers of supplements that contain their patented form of the collagen.

JUDY

5% products discount

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Hmm. I thought I would be ok with 25mg twice or 3 times daily since Carekate said hers was 30 mg twice daily, and Winnie said hers was 20mg twice daily.. thought Id be right in the middle there...

But anyway, Im not in a position to order anything online and have it shipped here. There is too much red tape involved. Not to mention outrageous DPH. And postal thieves. And the added need to have the ministry of health approve its entry.

If its going to work on me at all, I would think 25mg twice daily would be ok....... Eh?

I actually have full enough lips.. but my mouth is small.. and Im hoping a little swelling action will give the appearance of larger lips..

We shall see... Wink
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Lee.........I just wrote to say ......my second order fromwww.vitanetonline.com.........arrived within 10 days....(my first order took 4 weeks).....2 bottles of Source Naturals Hyaluronic Acid 120 tablets each for £27.38 that's £13.69 per bottle which is double the size of the one's sold by biovea.co.uk............for £19.99......and again.......i didn't have to pay any customs or VAT..........all in all.........a very good buy.........regards Karina
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Diva. wrote:
Hmm. I thought I would be ok with 25mg twice or 3 times daily since Carekate said hers was 30 mg twice daily, and Winnie said hers was 20mg twice daily.. thought Id be right in the middle there...
We shall see... Wink

Mine has 50mg in each capsule and I take it 3 times a day. Less MIGHT plump my lips, but this level is what I have to use to keep my lips from getting too dry again like they used to before I found this supplement.

I'm probably a bit older when you and Carrie (Winnie and I are the same age), so you might have good results with less mg. I would say that different age groups could get results with different levels since the lips do thin more as you age. Sad

Let us know how it works!

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Karina, I bottled out and ordered the ones from biovea. If I do like the effect (if any) I will order some more from vitanet, I do know they are so much cheaper but I just couldnt wait too much longer!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:26 pm      Reply with quote

I swore I would never put my picture on here (only my lips) Laughing . When I compared my lip July and January there is a marked difference. I have full lips to begin with but they have plumped right up. One picture (before) was not taken as close up as the after but you can get the general idea. Note you yougins I am 60 so I do have some lines to deal with on my lips. Laughing I have been taking Flexation with MSN with BioCell Collagen II. Each tab has 50 mgs of HA Acid. I take 3 at dinner time.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
THUD. Shock
WINNIE! Your lips are luscious! Holy smokes!!!! What a difference!!!
Pudoodles
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
That does not look like a sixty year-old kisser - that's for sure!! That's amazing! And you didn't put any topical stimulant on your lips? That's just fabulous! WOW!
Pudoodles
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
I use Sothys Lip Enhancer but I just ordered the Jurlique (spelling).
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |