Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:58 am      Reply with quote
The liquid is not working for me in terms of plumping up my lips so I'm going to try the capsules!!!! Rolling Eyes
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Winnie -

I'm not sure how many milligrams my HA capsules are -- I'll check tonight and get back to you, but I can tell you that I take one capsule twice a day.

Also, I mentioned this to Winnie offline, but when I was at Walmart the other day, I found another "healthy joint and tissue" formula that contained BOTH hyaluronic acid and collagen (the two components of lip tissue), so I think I'm going to try that one when my current supply runs out....

Ladies - be sure to keep us apprized of your results!

Carrie
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to Walmart today and will look for that one Carrie. Thanks for the info.

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Judy,
Lucky you going on a cruise! To the Carribean yet! I love cruises-wish I could go along!
Have fun!
Maria
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
OK Carrie. I started taking two instead of one. My lips do look fuller. Shock I am shocked. I did not think this would work at all.

Will keep you posted. I need to watch out they don't swell too much. Wink When I was a child my older brothers used to tease me about my BIG MOUTH. I actually hated my lips. Believe me girls they get small as you get old so work on them now.

Still love my Sothy's Lip Enhancer. Did you get it yet Carrie? I am glad Mabsy did a positive review on it too.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Someone tell me how much HA your capsules have? I bought some pills at the Pharmacy today and they have 500mg of Biocell Collagen II, (hydrolized chicken collagen Type II) providing Chondroitin Sulphate 100 mg and Hyaluronic Acid 50mg.

It says take 1 or 2, two to three times a day.

One thing I will say about these supplements is that they are mainly for joint pain, it just so happens that they work also for plumping lips.

So, I suspect the directions,on mine at least, are written to give relief from joint point. I suspect that's why they say 1 or 2 and two to three times. They are giving directions based on how much pain you might be trying to get rid of.

But, if I know how much collagen and HA it took per day to give you guys plump lips, then I know how many of these I want to take.

Come on girls. Give me some specifics. Rolling Eyes

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
My HA capsules are 30 mg each and I take one twice daily, so I guess it’s 60 mgs to see results. Judy - that formula you got (with collagen and HA) is the one I was eyeballing at Walmart for next month.

Winnie - glad to hear it’s working for you and I’d love to see a photo! My Sothys arrived yesterday, so it’s too soon to know anything, but I’ll keep you posted....
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
My HA capsules are 30 mg each and I take one twice daily, so I guess it’s 60 mgs to see results. Judy - that formula you got (with collagen and HA) is the one I was eyeballing at Walmart for next month.

Actually, I didn't get the one at Walmart. I had already bought the one at the health food store, but when I was in Walmart I did look at it's ingredients.

I never quite feel that I can totally trust the quality of supplements bought at Walmart of Sams. I know their big deal is quantity and price and I'd prefer to pay more and be more confident about the quality. I usually buy supplements from my own self or from someone else that I'm confident has quality products. Fortunately, over the years many people like that have strolled through my life. Wink

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

Winnie - glad to hear it’s working for you and I’d love to see a photo! My Sothys arrived yesterday, so it’s too soon to know anything, but I’ll keep you posted....

Thanks Carrie. The results showed when I started taking two a day. I am taking 20 mgs. HA Acid two times a day. This is unbelievable. And to think our very own Carrie found this out on her own. It has to be good for our face too. Very Happy

I would suggest that if your lips are really dehydrated and small to talke 30/50 mgs 2x a day.

I am also hoping it helps the discomfort in my ankle. Ever since I fractured my foot it hasn't been quite the same.

I sent you off a photo of my renewed lips. Embarassed
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Winnie

I am also hoping it helps the discomfort in my ankle. Ever since I fractured my foot it hasn't been quite the same.

I sent you off a photo of my renewed lips. Embarassed[/quote]

Winnie....

It's very possibly that it could help your ankle since that's really what HA was intended for before it was known that it can also be cosmetic. Just like Botox was first used for headaches, and other stuff, before they discovered that when they injected it for the headache, the wrinkles started disappearing.

Send me a photo too. I wanna see. Pray

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info on HA Judy. I will let you know if it helps my ankle. Sent you the picture of my lips. Laughing
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Idea I should do a website under my screen name and everyone can send me a picture of their lips with your forum name. Laughing Laughing Now, that would be fun. Let me know...it is easy to do. I would love to do that. We could call it "The Big Mouths" Dancing
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
The HA and collagen I got has 50mg of HA per capsule and says that you can take 1 to 2 capsules 2 to 3 times per day.

I should wake up looking like Angelina Jolie by tomorrow. Laughing

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:
The HA and collagen I got has 50mg of HA per capsule and says that you can take 1 to 2 capsules 2 to 3 times per day.

I should wake up looking like Angelina Jolie by tomorrow. Laughing

JUDY

Shock Shock Be careful they could weigh you down. Laughing
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:47 am      Reply with quote
That's a good idea about all of us posting pix of our pusses! I'll have to see if I can dig out that old (disposable) digital camera I bought one holiday and promptly forgot about and get someone to take a close-up of my kisser. It probably won't be till the weekend though -- I need to wax my upper lip first! Ain't no way I want a pic of my big mouth posted for the world to see if it looks like there's a fuzzy caterpiller sitting above my top lip! Wink

Hey Judy, I never thought of that (Walmart's supplements might not being up to snuff). I guess when I get that combo collagen/HA supplement next month, I'll just pick it up at Whole Foods instead. I need to stop by there anyway to pick up another tube of my Lamas Lip Enhancer anyway...the first tube is almost gone and I can't be without it now -- it's completely replaced my need for wearing conventional lipsticks or glosses!

Have any of the rest of you seen any results with your HA capsules? It sounds like only Winnie and I have had visible increases in our pouts, but I'd be interested to hear if your lips had gotten any bigger if you'd actually measured them since a millimeter or two increase might be difficult to see or judge with the naked eye....

I guess I really DO need to start marketing my own HA and/or HA/collagen supplement as the next wonder lip plumper!! Too bad I don't have the start-up capital to do it. Crying or Very sad I guess we'll have to leave it to Judy and her company to market it and spread the word to all the ladies out there clamoring for Angelina lips. Judy -- when you make your first (or next?!) million dollar profit, remember to drink a toast to me! Wink Very Happy .

Carrie
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie and Winnie..... I will never doubt your wisdom again. If confess when you said that you had plumper lips in just two days from a capsule supplement, I totally doubted you. I doubt no more!

Do any of you remember me asking everyone for recomendations about what to do about my severe dry lips? I was using chapstick (one without petroleum) about six times a day and they were still horribly dry. To make it worse, there were ridged at the edge of the lip, like if I had bitten my lip in my sleep or something.

The second day of taking the HA/Collagen supplement, those ridges are completely, totally gone! Shock I have only used the chapstick about twice today and no ridges!

I can see what happened... the lip plumped up and smoothed out the ridges. I haven't measured, but I can feel the difference in fullness.

I have my partner calling the chemist now! I've been in the supplement industry for over 15 years and have seen some totally awesome products, but I would not have believed this if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

Perfect marketing package would be the supplements and a special lip gloss!

I'm just hoping that as I continue to take these supplements that those pesky half-moon wrinkly creases under my eyes will get better! I had read that the reason we get that sunken and wrinkly look under the eyes is from sun exposure breaking down the collagen. So, my mind says if it will do that for the lips, it could help the eyes.

Just know though, that many people you tell about your lip plumping experience will call you crazy. It's that unusual for an internal supplement to show this kind of results this soon.

And to think that two days ago I thought that Carrie and Winnie were going off the deep end and getting totally carried away. Shock

My most humble apologies ladies. Please forgive me[-o<

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Well you ladies have been busy...I've missed so much. So its lips you're talking. That's been an issue with me for years. My skinny upper lip doesn't match my full lower lip and both of them are plenty dry. Recently I started taking Glucosimine Condroitan (sp?) for my latest..arthritis, especially in my right hand, good thing I'm a lefty. Anyway, do you think its o.k to take the oral HA along with the GC? I'm only giving the GC 2 months to work and then dumping it if I see no results. So far I'm on week 6 and nothing but if oral HA is good for joints AND lips, what a bonus. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Judy,

Isn't it the most amazing thing. I thought Carrie was nuts too. Sorry Carrie...Just had to try it. Now 20 mgs did nothing for me but when I took 40 mgs. bingo!!! I did not measure either. Could not be bothered with that because really I did not care one way or the other because I have full lips. As you said, I could not only see it I could feel it.

I am so glad it worked for you. Nanapost would be saying "Everything works for Winnie." I just don't want to tell you gals all I buy and toss.

My only question: Will it last? What I am thinking is that it's something new to your system and is reacting but won't last.

Now Judy if your company does anything with it I think Carrie deserves a finders fee. Laughing Or at least you should name it after her!!!

Anxious to see the long term results. Have a great trip.

PS: Judy get rid of the chap stick. From what I know it actually makes your lip dry! A few of my friends use it and like you are addicted to it and keep applying it. The Body Deli has a great lip balm and I think Nanpost is using one from Homemade Suds. Right now I am using the Body Deli's. I also love Lamas Lip Enhance for moisture. Jane Iredale has a nice one too.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Judy,

I am so glad it worked for you. Nanapost would be saying "Everything works for Winnie." I just don't want to tell you gals all I buy and toss.

My only question: Will it last? What I am thinking is that it's something new to your system and is reacting but won't last.

Now Judy if your company does anything with it I think Carrie deserves a finders fee. Laughing Or at least you should name it after her!!!

Anxious to see the long term results. Have a great trip.

PS: Judy get rid of the chap stick. From what I know it actually makes your lip dry! A few of my friends use it and like you are addicted to it and keep applying it. The Body Deli has a great lip balm and I think Nanpost is using one from Homemade Suds. Right now I am using the Body Deli's. I also love Lamas Lip Enhance for moisture. Jane Iredale has a nice one too.

Here's what I would guess on it lasting. We all know that as we age we lose collagen and HA. Good eating, exercise, and supplements can help slow that, but nothing will stop aging. When you use his supplement, you are replacing what your body is losing... and in some cases, you are replacing faster than you are losing. If you stop the supplement, in time the effect will go away, because you age every day. The best you can do is take care of yourself the best you can and slow the process as much as possible.

Actually I already thought of that. Maybe Carrie would like her own supply of the supplement. Laughing Or we can call it Carrie's Pucker Pumper? Hmmm, maybe we better rethink that one.

It's actually not a chapstick, I just couldn't think of what else to call it. I buy it at the health food store. It has no petroleum products and has things like aloe and shea butter. You know me Winnie. I'm stuck on all natural stuff. Laughing

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Well, it'll be off to GNC today, in-between Xmas shopping!
I had bought a quickie version of HA at a local health food store-something called Injuv HA-it was all they had, looked at the ingredients & realize it's not nearly enough mgm. So, I'll make the stop today at GNC & get the HA/Collagen combo.
Judy, have a wonderful cruise! We'll all be so envious-especially getting away from the crowds this hectic time of year!
Maria
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:03 am      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:
It's actually not a chapstick, I just couldn't think of what else to call it.
Actually, that's pretty much the Texas way, isn't it? In TX, if you order a soft drink at a restaurant or ask someone to bring you a drink from the fridge, you'd say "I'll have a Coke," or "Please bring me a Coke," and the other person automatically responds, "What kind?" and you answer back "Dr. Pepper." Very Happy And am I the only one who calls the photocopier a Xerox machine, regardless of the brand-name? Or ask for a "Kleenex," instead just a "tissue"??? (No, Carrie -- it's just you!)
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:54 am      Reply with quote
a silly question...what's MGM? Confused

5% products discount

Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:56 am      Reply with quote
well so far i can't find HA anywhere. i guess i will try the natural foods store here next. i am also expecting my swellips anytime now! i hope something helps!! Shock
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Nanapost wrote:
a silly question...what's MGM? Confused
I think it's another abbrevation for milligrams (i.e.: mgs)? Or maybe it was a typo for mgs??
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:16 am      Reply with quote
tracylynn wrote:
well so far i can't find HA anywhere. i guess i will try the natural foods store here next. i am also expecting my swellips anytime now! i hope something helps!! Shock

Be sure to look in the joint care section, rather than cosmetics. I'm fortunate in that the pharmacy where I go carries every natural supplement you can imagine. When you walk in the door, one particular, very knowledgeable woman always right away asks what are you looking for today? I just rattle off what I want and she knows exactly where it is and gives me two or three choices, even explaining the difference between them. I do love great customer service!

JUDY

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |