Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for posting the link. I certainly would not want to risk my health for plump lips.

Thanks again,
Winnie
Nanapost
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes...and thanks too. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes There's always a catch.
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Smile Okay. After reading all the interesting reviews on Hyaluronic acid with Biocell II, I was excited, so I ordered the Source Naturals Skin Eternal on-line from the Vitamin Shoppe. It takes several days to receive it in the mail, so I got impatient and went to the vitamin store in town and bought Maxilife Collagen type II... Two capsules contain:
Protein <1g
BioCell Collagen II 1000 mg
(Chicken Sternal Type II Collagen)
Chondroitin Sulfate 200 mg
Hyaluronic Acid 100 mg
Yesterday was my first day, and I'm jump-starting with 6 caps daily to see what happens. I'll keep you posted.

Diderot... How are you feeling since your last post? Are you still on the HA with lip plumping effects?

Rita
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking Now Hyaluronic Acid with Lignisul (R) MSM. Each capsule has 100 mg HA and 900 mg MSM. I take 2 capsules with breakfast and I noticed my lips were plumper the first day. They actully plumped so noticebly and quickly they felt swollen and started peeling!

Since I had my son at 30 my heels have been a dry mess, they weren't before, pregnancy certainly has changed my body. So the good reviews for that are what caused me to search it out although plumper lips are nice to have! My heels are no better than they were before I started taking the supplement.

I couldn't find a HA supplement anywhere so I ordered them from http://www.aviva.ca/shop/products.asp?itemid=1181&catid=75 they were $27 plus shipping CAD for 60, for me that's pricey for one month's supply.

I searched the cancer link and it's so confusing and not conclusive, very frustrating. I will take the rest every day and check back in on the skin issue. It truly is amazing how as a lip plumper this stuff works!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed

This is my 2nd day on 3 caps. twice daily of Maxilife Brand HA with Biocell Collagen II.
This morning I thought I noticed slightly fuller lips, but as the day went on I checked it out and I couldn't really tell any difference. So I figured it was wishful thinking. Maybe it's the Brand or maybe it's me. It may be too soon to see change. I look forward to seeing some positive signs. I'll keep at it. I wish my lips would hurry up become luscious. Oh well. I'll keep you all posted. Very Happy
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
It's so strange how things work so differently for everyone. I do not notice a difference in my lips- just my feet! Rolling Eyes I do not use any kind of topical lip plumper. Maybe using something like that helps?

I switched brands to a stronger brand (still took the same number of capsules) and ended up being very, very itchy all over my body for awhile after taking them. I didn't even clue in for awhile that that is what it was! I was taking 3 capsules. I stopped for a few days and then started taking 2 capsules and things seems to be fine. After I finish what I have I think I will take a break (in light of the cancer controversy thing) and see what happens.

Rita: HA has a very short "life". Your lips were probably more full and then it wore off. I think some people take 3 capsules spaced out during the day to avoid that 'wearing off'.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Today i noticed a difference in the skin on my legs and thighs..........my veins are more prominent than normal......ie green veins.......all over my legs and thighs.........the only thing that i am doing different........is the Hyluronic capsules........has anyone else noticed this difference........or am i being paranoid......normally.......you can never see the veins through my skin......as clearly as i can now............ Shock

regards Karina
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
This is day #4 of taking HA - 6 capsules a day, and my lips still look the same. I'm hopeful though. I just received today my bottle of Source Naturals Skin Eternal Hyaluronic Acid, and I switched to that today. Maybe this brand will work better for me. I think I'll check out the rest of my body for any change. I dread looking, especially in the mirror...ugh! Rolling Eyes
I'll keep you all posted.

Rita
cait2k3
5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
so..HA capsules didn't work for me..city lips didnt work..and even the new and raved about lipfusion didnt work!

do you think that some people are receptive to all plumping agents and some people simply arent? i have tiny lips..but maybe there is no room for more collagen. and maybe some people do have more room and thats why all the best products are working for them. im really getting frusterated that nothing is working!

but i must say..even though lipfusion doesnt work for me..it has to be the best lip gloss i've ever used! it stays on for hours and hours [until you wipe/wash it off]. however, $36 is a lot for just a nice gloss. does anyone know if lipfusion is supposed to have cumulative effects? ill keep using it to see.

time to wait for the next lip plumping "breakthrough".
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been taking 2 Source Naturals a day for about 4 days now. I've only noticed a fuller FEEL at times, but not really a fuller LOOK. I don't want to overdo any supplementation -- too risky!!!
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm a NEWBIE here, but have been reading the posts for a couple weeks. I just had to say "Thanks" for all the incredible information in this post. I have found the perfect plumping regime for me. I started it about a week ago, and the results are awesome.

#1 - SUPPLEMENTS - I take the Source Naturals with the BioCell and HA. One at 7:00 a.m. and one at 7:00 p.m.

#2 - PLUMPER - I use SWELLIPS three times a day (morning, after lunch before reapplying my lip color, and before bed).

#3 - LIP MOISTURIZER - I use Sally Hansen's Lip Conditioner + Plumper throughout the day and before bed to moisturize my lips.

I started with the supplements and noticed a subtle change immediately. Once I started the Swellips I noticed a more dramatic change. I think this combo is AWESOME!!! But my lips still had lines. So I added the Sally Hansen Lip Conditioner + Plumper yesterday, and I finally got my desired results. SMOOTH, LINELESS, FULL, PLUMP lips. The lip conditioner really gave my lips a flawless finish.

I had okay lips to start with. A full bottom lip and a "thining" top lip. Well, now both top and bottom lip are plump and full. I couldn't be happier.

Thanks girls for doing the legwork, and providing us with all the info on what worked and what didn't.

Lori
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad ýou've found your ideal regime, Lori! Welcome!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Smile I'm still taking 6 caps daily of the Source Naturals - Skin Eternal - HA Capsules w/Biocell II Collagen. I think my lips look slightly fuller, but noone else has noticed any change. But another good thing I noticed is that my facial complexion looks more youthful. I did notice the 2nd day of taking the HA that my facial skin had a healthier glow to it, but I was looking more to my lips to plump out. The complexion improvement is probably due to the combination of 8 glasses of water, HA Capsules, Strivectin-SD, and Neutrogena Salicylic Acid 2% peels I've been doing. I'm planning to add the Sally Hansen lip conditioner & plumper to my regime to see what happens to my lips. I love using the Lipfinity lip line that lasts all day, and I'll have to figure out whether to put the Sally Hansen Lip plumper under or over Lipfinity. Oh dear... what a predicament Confused

Rita

Rita
pretty_wannabe

Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
cait2k3, I had same problem too so hopefully this helps you. I use hyaluronic acid lip cream. It is from Japanese brand kose and the name is “pure lip moisture cream hyaluronic” It only costs about $5~6 so, it is cheaper than other stuffs out there. You can find it in Asian stores or online stores. Once I found it on ebay too. (only once though)
Other one that I like is “water in lip” by shiseido. This does not contain hyaluronic acid but it is easier to find and keeps your lips moist.(about same price)
These are very cheap and work good for me. Hope this helps…
dragonfly

Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
pretty_wannabe wrote:
cait2k3, I had same problem too so hopefully this helps you. I use hyaluronic acid lip cream. It is from Japanese brand kose and the name is “pure lip moisture cream hyaluronic” It only costs about $5~6 so, it is cheaper than other stuffs out there. You can find it in Asian stores or online stores. Once I found it on ebay too. (only once though)
Other one that I like is “water in lip” by shiseido. This does not contain hyaluronic acid but it is easier to find and keeps your lips moist.(about same price)
These are very cheap and work good for me. Hope this helps…

Hi!

This is my first post, but I have been reading this thread for a while now. I was curious about the two items you mentioned. Can you tell me if the Shiseido is in a lipbalm twist up type tube, a tub container, or a squeeze tube. I have seen all of the above and didn't know which one it was. Also there are two different squeeze tubes, one that looks like lipgloss and comes in different colors & some with Vit C and the other one is labeled Water in Lip Essence that I think is in a white tube with purple writing & lid. I'm guessing it's either the Essence one or the one in the tub, not the lipgloss type. And I'm also guessing that the Kose isn't a lipgloss type either? All I've seen so far is one that's Pure Lip Gloss.

Thanks for any help!!

Pam Smile
userdefined
5% products discount

Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Regarding the possible cancer links, my view on this would be that even the experts are at a loss as to what causes cancer (other than smoking perhaps). There are obviously things about modern life that have caused the huge increease in cancer cases. Potential risks from processed foods, additives, aupplements, pollution, mobile (cellphones) etc etc.

Read any major newspaper any day of the week and you will find some expect or other saying something or other might be linked to cancer. Everyone is looking for the answers.

The best you can really do is minimise your risks. However, you have to enjoy your life and do what makes you happy also.

I cut out all supplements about 6 months ago and I eat a really healthy diet. I don't see any reason to take supplements for things you can and should include in your diet naturally.

I am going to try the Source Naturals tablets (I will try one in the morning and one at night until the tabs run out). If I see a great improvement in my skin or my lips noticably plumped then I will continue to take them, otherwise I won't.

I have tried so many things recommended on forums that I am now very skeptical and it would take a dramticly noticable result to impress me. I await their arrival, I'll keep you posted.... Smile

Also, where can I buy this Swellips? I can't see it on ebay.

Thanks
amy
Smile
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Do an "advanced search" on E-bay by seller's ID.

The seller is SWELLLIPS.

Also, if you search by lip plumper, it will come up as a $10.00 "Buy It Now" highlighted in a purple box.

It works for me!!!!

Lori
userdefined
5% products discount

Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
ok thanks, found it now Smile

Is this better than lipfusion anyone?
pretty_wannabe

Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi dragonfly,
I only use the lipbalm twist up/stick type. Jelly/lip gloss looking one did not work at all even its more pricy than stick type. This is the picture of the lipbalm stick.

http://www.sunpowerusa.com/aqwatinlipor.html

hope this helps[/url]
Learic

Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I was just passing by when I saw this thread. Someone said they used a lip cream with hyaluronic but the brand is hard to find. I found something called Episilk, which is a lip balm with hyaluronic acid in it. It's really easy to find on the internet.

I thought it was interesting. I wonder if anyone will try it.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I have not tried Lip Fusion, but since Swell Lips works and is 1/3 of the cost I think I'll stick with with for now.

As for the Episilk. At only $6.95, it may be worth a try. I'll make sure to come back and review it after I've tried it.

Lori
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I started taking the HA a few weeks ago, and have been through several brands over the course of those weeks. I thought I noticed a difference at first (when I was taking massive amounts of HA per day) but now i'm not so sure. Noone else has noticed anything at all (though I haven't asked anyone). I definitely noticed that while taking 80+ mgs a day, I was becoming dehydrated all the time, had more frequent migraines, and also had a lot of stomach discomfort (if you have IBS or any similar condition, i'd be careful with this supplement). I changed to the Spring Valley supplement with HA, Glucosamine, Condroitin and Collagen and I have noticed that my skin is looking and feeling very smooth but still little or no lip plumping (none that I can tell). At the same time I started with this brand, I began taking magnesium. I had read that the hyaluronic acid requires magnesium for its synthesis and that 80% of us are already deficient of this mineral so I didn't want to risk it. The bad side effects I was experiencing before are now not nearly as noticable. So, I am going to continue taking the ha AND the magnesium and see how things go over the course of the next few weeks. If nothing else, I will definitely continue with the magnesium. No matter what happens from this, at least I found some good out of it.

But still.....I just want big lips, damnit!

oh, and ps: I also have been using Lipfusion and really can't see any difference, though the numbing agent sure does make them FEEL big. That's just not enough, though. If I wanted that, I'd just buy some anbesol. I'm starting to believe that maybe these products only work for those who have lost collagen due to aging. I'm 23, and still have most of my collagen intact, and maybe there's no hope for me having a massive mouth. Ah, well, the search continues....
dragonfly

Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks pretty_wannabe! I haven't seen that exact one (tube color) yet, but will search for it.

Thanks a bunch!

Pam Smile
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:14 am      Reply with quote
You know, I had some gastrointestinal problems when I started taking the HA, Carrie. Interesting about the magnesium. i really felt that my skin benefitted from it, so i am going to continue with what i have. But i may reduce the dosage so my insides can get back to normal!!!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |