Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:09 am      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:
When or how do I use the LipFusion?

What would happen if I put LipFusion on first thing in the morning and like two hours later lined and filled in my lips with liner? Would that work?
Yes, that would work. You only have to apply LipFusion twice daily. I put mine on in the morning as soon as I get out of the shower. By the time I've finished my toilette and driven the 60 minutes to work, the LipFusion has had a chance to do it's thing and then I can blot off the excess and apply the lip stain/gloss/liner of my choice when I put on my regular makeup.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:15 am      Reply with quote
Carrie11381 wrote:
The majority of my problem is that my lips are extremely pale.
If my only goal was to (naturally) add color to pale lips, I’d have to recommend either Lip Venom (causes a MAJOR stinging sensation as the cinnamon oil causes the blood to rush to the surface of your lips to impart the “bee-stung” color) or Decleor Aromessence Lip Balm (also contains cinnamon, but does NOT burn/sting, so you get the bee-stung color without the irritation/pain). Keep in mind that neither of these products actually plump the lips, they just give an illusion of fuller lips because of the bee-stung color.

Carrie

P.S. I've seen the IGIA lip stuff online...have you done a internet search for it? I think I saw it on a website called "Products As Seen on TV" or something like that....
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:59 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Carrie11381 wrote:
The majority of my problem is that my lips are extremely pale.
If my only goal was to (naturally) add color to pale lips, I’d have to recommend either Lip Venom (causes a MAJOR stinging sensation as the cinnamon oil causes the blood to rush to the surface of your lips to impart the “bee-stung” color) or Decleor Aromessence Lip Balm (also contains cinnamon, but does NOT burn/sting, so you get the bee-stung color without the irritation/pain). Keep in mind that neither of these products actually plump the lips, they just give an illusion of fuller lips because of the bee-stung color.

Carrie

P.S. I've seen the IGIA lip stuff online...have you done a internet search for it? I think I saw it on a website called "Products As Seen on TV" or something like that....

I've tried the lip venom and noticed a bit of color, but it was blotchy and some areas were still just as pale. I broke down last night and ordered the Igia product against my better judgement, but we'll see what happens. I read a few good reveiws about it on the lip augmentation site. Needless to say, it doesn't take much to talk me into forking over my cash. Who knows?...maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Carrie11381 wrote:
I've tried the lip venom and noticed a bit of color, but it was blotchy and some areas were still just as pale.
FYI - as with any topical lip product, you must ensure that you regularly exfoliate your lips to remove dry, dead skin to ensure the product penetrates evenly, otherwise you can end up with blotchy, uneven results. Click on this link to read more about lip exfoliating products: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5411&highlight=exfoliate+lips If you do nothing else, you should at least *LIGHTLY* brush your lips with a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove dead skin, then followup with lip balm/moisturizer.

Be sure to let us know how the Igia lip stuff works out for you. Personally, I'm going to try and track down the Modelle lip plumping product that was mentioned under one of the other lip plumping threads the other day....
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Darn - just got back from the Whole Foods market with my new bottle of Source Naturals Skin Eternal. Ripped it open, took 2 tablets and THEN sat down to read the label. I bought the wrong stuff - Crying or Very sad. I purchased Skin Eternal with DMAE, Lipoic Acid and C Ester. Luckily I bought the small bottle (60 tabs).
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:00 am      Reply with quote
FYI - Whole Foods will let you take it back...if you’ve got the receipt, they’ll give you cash, if you don’t have it, they’ll give you store credit...although I reckon you’re just wanting a straight trade!! Either way, you’re not screwed out of wasting your money!
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't checked this thread for so long. I re-started on my HA about a week ago, 2 pills at night, and I got tiny red bumps on my fingers and toes within a day. Guess I can forget about HA, too bad....

D

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie: I can return it even if the bottle has been opened and the cotton removed?

Jeanne
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

Carrie11381: Thank you again for all of your help!

I still have a couple of more questions:

1. Which reverse liner is better the one by Cargo or the one by DuWop?

2. I have been taking the pills for almost two weeks. How many pills should I be taking now? One or two a day etc?

3. You mentioned (the reviews on MUA)how the Lipfusion gloss stays on FOREVER, do you ever put any on top as well? (the last thing you put on, your top layer.) I was a little confused since you said you blot off the excess.

Sorry for all of the questions. But $36.00 is a lot of money and I want to make sure this will work for me.

Thanks! Have a nice day!
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Carrie11381 wrote:
I've tried the lip venom and noticed a bit of color, but it was blotchy and some areas were still just as pale.
FYI - as with any topical lip product, you must ensure that you regularly exfoliate your lips to remove dry, dead skin to ensure the product penetrates evenly, otherwise you can end up with blotchy, uneven results. Click on this link to read more about lip exfoliating products: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5411&highlight=exfoliate+lips If you do nothing else, you should at least *LIGHTLY* brush your lips with a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove dead skin, then followup with lip balm/moisturizer.

Be sure to let us know how the Igia lip stuff works out for you. Personally, I'm going to try and track down the Modelle lip plumping product that was mentioned under one of the other lip plumping threads the other day....

I do exfoliate my lips religiously, ever since my little obsession began. It just didn't do the trick for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the igia thing. Also, I have my sample of the hydroderm product on the way. So, I'll keep everyone posted on how those two work.
CVS carries Modelle.
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
I haven't checked this thread for so long. I re-started on my HA about a week ago, 2 pills at night, and I got tiny red bumps on my fingers and toes within a day. Guess I can forget about HA, too bad....

D

I never had that happen, but had other adverse effects. Maybe it was that my HA wasn't a good quality supplement, but it gave me gastro problems and migraines. I still want to try the Source Naturals brand, but our local health food store doesn't carry it. What brand are you taking?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Carrie11381 wrote:
Also, I have my sample of the hydroderm product on the way.CVS carries Modelle.
Oh Lord...is that the same Hydroderm company that really screwed a bunch of EDS members who ordered their face cream/serum/stuff?? I pray with all my heart that it’s not the same company and you didn’t just open yourself up to a nightmare of monumental proportions – you might want to perform a search for “Hydroderm” and read all of the relevant threads, just in case it’s the same company/shysters that I’m thinking of....

Carrie11381 wrote:
CVS carries Modelle.
Yeah, I just bought mine yesterday...wished I had read the ingredients first because it contains mineral oil, which I'm not too thrilled about. BTW, it's in the face-care aisle (i.e.: with Oil of Olay and all the facial cleansing products).
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:45 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Oh Lord...is that the same Hydroderm company that really screwed a bunch of EDS members who ordered their face cream/serum/stuff?? I pray with all my heart that it’s not the same company and you didn’t just open yourself up to a nightmare of monumental proportions – you might want to perform a search for “Hydroderm” and read all of the relevant threads, just in case it’s the same company/shysters that I’m thinking of....

It probably is, but I've ordered from them before and had no trouble with cancelling the automatic subscription before they charged me.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:59 am      Reply with quote
The Hydroderm company is not as bad as
1-800-patches (the company that sells
OHT peptides). They claim a money back guarantee but even if you do not open the
outer package of an order they will not return it. Very shyster company. WATCH OUT and avoid.

How long do the lip plumpers work? Do they work mostly by causing an alergic reaction?

5% products discount

Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
So has anyone come to figure out which brand of HA supplements out there appears to be the best purchase? Considering, of course, both price and quality. Thanks so much. This thread has been very interesting.
Mexipina

Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new here and am fascinated by this forum (as well as plumper lips!) I bought my HA supplements by "Jarrow Formulas" and it contains the following:

50mg Hyaluronic acid
300mg Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II
100mg Chondroitin Sulfate
500mg Biocell Collegen II

However, all in all, the formula only contains 10% HA. Should I buy a formula of purely HA or at least a higher percentage of it? Source Naturals seems to be ideal, but I can't find it anywhere.
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone noticed one side of your lip slightly fuller than the other side using HA Capsules? My lower lip on the right is slightly fuller. I'm wondering if given time, it'll even out? I've been on HA capsules for 1 month so far.

Thanks,
Rita
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I like Source Naturals best, but I havn't really tried a lot of brands. I order mine online and it's usually a pretty decent price.

As for noticing more plumping on one side or the other.....NOPE...not here!

Lori
userdefined
5% products discount

Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Well I've been using swellips for around 4 days and the source natural tablets for a few days longer than that (I started on half a tablet in morning and other half at night, now I take one at night and a half in the morning). I haven't seen any major difference. There may be a slight difference but most likely wishful thinking.

The tablets haven't helped with the dry skin on my hands and feet either, in fact that's got worse, but I doubt that's to do with the tablets. I haven't noticed any effects or side effects from the tablets. I often wonder if the body really knows what the hell to do with any kind of supplements and such that are in these funny little tablets in a form that the body probably can't really understand (rather than naturally in food etc.).

A lot of how my lips look just relates to how I "hold them" mastering a pout without looking like Im pouting has proved the most effective lip plumping treatment for me.

I added a few drops of the cinnamin leaf oil to my usual plumping lip gloss and you can certainly feel and smell it, not sure it's doing much tho.

Im starting to wonder if the effectiveness of things is determined by whether your a believer or a non-believer. But hey, if you think it's working then it is because the way you feel about yourself is the essence of confidence which has a huge part to play in how others percieve you and of course how you percieve yourself.

Smile
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think you are taking enough. I started with 2 tabs twice a day and I saw results immediately. Now, I take 2 at night before bed and have maintained the plumping effect.
Mexipina

Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think that taking HA supplements will cause your body to become dependent on them, and eventually stop producing any of it's own HA since it's constantly getting a generous supply from an outside source? I hope this isn't the case. I'm only 17 and wouldn't want to slow or stop my own's body production of HA. Despite my youth, I have thin lips and have been taking one capsule twice a day for a few days now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:54 am      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:

1. Which reverse liner is better the one by Cargo or the one by DuWop?

2. I have been taking the pills for almost two weeks. How many pills should I be taking now? One or two a day etc?

3. You mentioned (the reviews on MUA)how the Lipfusion gloss stays on FOREVER, do you ever put any on top as well? (the last thing you put on, your top layer.) I was a little confused since you said you blot off the excess.

Sorry for all of the questions. But $36.00 is a lot of money and I want to make sure this will work for me.

Thanks! Have a nice day!

Answers to ThatGirl's questions:

1) Cargo Reverse Lipliner is better than the Duwop. The Cargo liner is skinnier, so it's user to use -- the Duwop liner is fat and clumsy. The Cargo liner is also "creamier" so it's easier to blend -- you're supposed to draw a line just *outside* your regular lip contour, then smudge the liner in toward your lips;

2) I think you can cut back to one Source Naturals pill per day;

3) No, I don't put LipFusion on top after I've applied my lipstain/lipstick. Usually, I just apply a layer of the Nars Orgasm LipGloss on top of my lipstain/lipstick. So here's what I do: apply reverse lip liner and smudge, apply layer of LipFusion, wait 5-10 minutes for it to penetrate my lip tissue and begin to work then blot off excess, and apply lipstain and wait a couple minutes for that to dry, then put on a layer of Orgasm gloss.

Mexipina wrote:
Do you think that taking HA supplements will cause your body to become dependent on them, and eventually stop producing any of it's own HA since it's constantly getting a generous supply from an outside source? I hope this isn't the case. I'm only 17 and wouldn't want to slow or stop my own's body production of HA. Despite my youth, I have thin lips and have been taking one capsule twice a day for a few days now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This question has already been asked and answered by Judy Marshall (resident nutritional supplement expert) on this thread somewhere...let me go back and see if I can find her reply....

JUDY MARSHALL WROTE: My business partner tried the same capsules and noticed an immediate effect, but also tested not using it to see how quickly the effect subsides and said that it subsides within a few days. Crying or Very sad We do have a chemist that we are talking to about this and I'll see if someone can give us an opinion on whether the skin could become dependent on this type of supplement. My guess is that while you are taking it, you skin will look better than ever, but when you stop, you will simply go back to where you were before taking the supplement....I would guess that since HA dissipates, that taking the supplement would simply keep your reserve supply up and your skin would be functioning better and better.

Also, Mexipina, you live in Chicago so I'm *sure* there must be at least one Whole Foods store near you where you can buy the Source Naturals, but so long as your supplement contains the "Biocell Type II" Collagen, you should be okay (see this link for more info on Biocell II technology: http://www.biocelltechnology.com/). I would suggest you start out taking 2-3 pills per day, though, in order to "jump start" your results, then after a week or so, you can cut back to one pill per day.

sharky wrote:
How long do the lip plumpers work? Do they work mostly by causing an alergic reaction?
No, in the case of HA/collagen supplements or LipFusion, it's not an allergic reaction. These products work by infusing your lip tissue with ingredients that are deficient. Lip tissue is actually comprised wholely of hyaluronic acid and collagen, so you're just putting back what your body naturally creates because as you get older, your body stops making enough of its own.

userdefined wrote:
Well I've been using swellips for around 4 days and the source natural tablets for a few days longer than that (I started on half a tablet in morning and other half at night, now I take one at night and a half in the morning). I haven't seen any major difference. There may be a slight difference but most likely wishful thinking.
You need to increase your dosage, you're not taking enough. Try one capsule, twice daily for about a week, then you can cut back to one pill per day.

krystiluv wrote:
So has anyone come to figure out which brand of HA supplements out there appears to be the best purchase? Considering, of course, both price and quality. Thanks so much. This thread has been very interesting.
Source Naturals seems to have given the best results to everyone who's tried them, and -- if you live in the U.S. -- they're readily available at your local Whole Foods health food store (30 capsules for $12.99).

Whew -- okay, I hope I answered everybody's questions!

Carrie (CareKate not Carrie11381!!)
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
A few days ago, I ordered the Purity Product's - Vital HA Max(Hyaluronic Acid)from
http://www.superior-coral.com/vital-ha-max.htm

I've been on Source Naturals HA (6 tabs. daily)for 1 month now, I noticed my complexion improve Very Happy . My lips with the help of plumping gloss has increased just a little... noone else has noticed. My lips are fullest upon waking up in the morning, and they seem to deflate as the day goes Crying or Very sad . I'm wanting to try another brand of HA to see if my lips will plump some more and stay plumped Wink . I figure I may react differently to another brand. I've noticed that diderot back several pages on this thread had "overnight" results with hers. I hope the same will happen to me too. Perhaps my lips are resistant to certain brands??? I don't know hmm . I'm still using Swellips with the Sally Hansen Lip Conditioner + Plumper with minimal results. The Swellips seems to dry my lips after awhile and the Sally Hansen Lip Conditioner + Plumper is a nice added moisture. Haven't noticed much plumping though. It seemed to work the first few days that I used it, but now, I'm not so certain. Once I run out of that, I'll probably end up repurchasing Lipfusion from Sephora's and give it more time to work. The gloss is so nice and has staying power. I'll give Lipfusion a chance along with the Purity Products HA I'm switching to. Anyways, I'll keep you all posted.

Rita
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I received my hydroderm lip enhancer today. I have no idea what to think about this. First off, it has the consistency of oily water. When applied, you cannot feel it and can barely see it. It runs well outside your lip line and causes a crusty white film around your mouth. It smells like death. You definitely cannot apply this while in the company of others. They will run for dear life. My lips began to feel dry, kindof like how your fingers feel when you accidentally get super glue on them, though not as severe. I was under the impression that this product had the marine collagen like the other hydroderm product, but I was mistaken. It contains two silicones (dimethicone and cyclomethicone) and Methyl Nicrotinate. I have no idea what this is. I googled it and only came up with this product and another lip enhancement product with the same ingredients http://www.bionordica.com/productinformation.asp?pid=62&iid=302
If anyone knows about this ingredient, please let me know. Obviously it is the only active ingredient and I'd like some insight on how it works or what it is supposed to do.
I've now waited the 15 minutes it claims to need in order to work and I'm quite surprised to see that my bottom lip looks quite a bit more full than before. Interesting. I think I'm going to try and pair it up with my lipfusion and see what happens. I will update on what occurs. I certainly won't be able to use this product alone because of the smell, feel, and appearance it gives my lips. So, hopefully I can figure something out.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:11 am      Reply with quote
You're definitely a braver woman than I!!! Please do keep us apraised as your 'clinical trials' proceed....Good luck!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |