Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Hope
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
julyrain - I've been taking two pills a day for about a month, and I haven't seen any size increase either. Like you, my lips are naturally fairly full, so we may not see the dramatic results that others have. My lips do seem a bit smoother overall, though, and I'm using it more to keep what I have, as lips get thinner as you age.
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I went out and bought the Source Naturals with the collagen at my local health food store. 60 tabs for $19.00. Not bad locally and enough to get me started till I can order off the net. I accidentally bought the plain ‘ol HA tabs by Solaray with ascorbic acid and took those yesterday(see my above post)…and maybe, just maybe a little more fullness but I could completely be imagining it. I’ll take a ‘lip-print’ to make sure I’m not just seeing it in my head.

I’m heading to Costa Rica for a vacation with my beau for almost two weeks (I rarely take vacations)…and I’ll be taking along all my new goodies I’ve discovered from this forum. I hope I come back renewed spiritually AND physically Very Happy I’ll keep you apprised of the results.

Thanks ladies (and gents here and there) for all your wisdom & taking the time to share it

Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Can you share what brand of HA you have been taking and what kind of results you have experienced? I'm trying to decide which ones to purchase next, I had slight results with Source Naturals. Thanks Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Natyasha wrote:
My question is and if its been asked already, forgive me! How long does it take the body to break down and absorb the HA tablets?
I believe pbsuhaka addressed this topic a couple pages back (somewhere around pg 13-16), when he was explaining why there is absolutely no scientific validity that taking these supplements would plump your lips....

soccermominsd wrote:
My query is this..
I've already opened and used the 20mg Solaray brand of the HA (with additional 50mg of absorbic acid). I ingested it quite rapidly and then re-read the post to find many of you have better results with the collegan (am I spelling that right?) added. Have any of you had GREAT results with ONLY an HA supplement (no collegan)?
Yes, there was *some* results taking plain HA capsules, but the really “wow!” results came when taking the HA combined with Biocell Type II Collagen (this is very important because all collagen is NOT the same!!). You might want to have a look at this thread, as I think I recall outlining which type of supplements were best and why.... http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7790&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

julyrain wrote:
I've been trying this for a month, taking one pill a day, and have not seen any visible results.
Hope wrote:
julyrain - I've been taking two pills a day for about a month, and I haven't seen any size increase either.
Unless you’ve got some type of mega-dose supplement that none of the rest of us have heard about, one pill per day ain’t gonna cut the mustard! EDS member “Winnie” can personally attest to this fact if you go back and look on pg 2 or 3 of this topic thread.

***You will not see any results unless you ingest the proper minimum dosage each day.*** Therefore, I would also like to refer you to either the link I posted above for soccermominsd or else pg 12 of this thread where I posted an item-by-item “crash course” for an EDS member named “ThatGirl” to learn more about the proper minimum dosage and brands that have yielded the best results for most of us.

Please increase your daily dose and see if you don't begin to see results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:04 am      Reply with quote
I still need to try this HA supplement.. I wonder if I can get it at walmart? Or what places do you all order it from... maybe puritan pride? vitacost.com?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:54 am      Reply with quote
cheri wrote:
I wonder if I can get it at walmart?
No, you can’t get it (or should I say, you can’t get the right *kind* of supplements) at Walmart. Take a look at pg 11 or 12 of this thread and you’ll find some links to online vendors that sell the appropriate pills. Personally, I order mine from iHerb.com, click here: http://www.iherb.com/hyaluronic1.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Hello All,

I just thought I would put in my two cents here. I did indeed work with herbs, supplements and such products for over 6 years. HA taken internally will actually plump up the skin and can reduce fine lines better than most external products. I still love the products, wont give thoes up.

I can tell you the perfect anti aging formula as I saw it work on many woman with mature skin or younger skin wishing to fight the aging factor.

HA - the liquid form is best to take

Vitamin E (AOR has the best one or New Root Herbals - need both tochitrenals and tochiferals (spelling is not correct)

AOR makes a product that is an antioxidant with high amounts of R+Lipoic acid. Becareful as most Lipoic acid is synthetic and does not work. YOu need the R+Lipoic

AOR (Advanced Orthomolecular Research) great product line!!
Lots of quality water (no tap water its got too much junk in it)

One more thing I personally have seen and experienced is stress!!!It will cause your body to release high amounts of cortisol and thin the skin down, deplete the body of nutrients and basically age you including shrink the brain.
I have suffered skin problems due to this, so now I try to avoid stress at all costs, so being relaxed is one of the best ani-aging things you can do!!

Feliz
Plroweny
5% products discount

Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Feliz,

How much of the liquid HA should you take to get the best results?

Pat
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Plroweny,

You can purchase the liquid in 30ml. You only take one dropper full a day. It may not work over night yet I have seen good results as it will help the skin retain more mosture.
Hope this is helpful. Another great product is Jarrow (products manufacturer's name) Biosil. This is the best silica on the market, with I think 20.000times more absorbability than ohter silica.

You can find that in the U.S and Canada as Jarrow is made in Holland. One of the best prodcut lines.

Feliz
krystiluv
5% products discount

Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well I have been taking two capsules a day of Nature's Way "Hydraplenish" for three weeks and have had no lip plumping. Though, my skin feels softer. This is made with the magical BioCell Collagen and each pill contains 300mg Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II, 100mg of Chondroitin Sulfate, and 50mg Hyaluronic Acid.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Kristy
Rita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Kristy,

I have had variations myself from different brands of Hyaluronic Acid w/Biocell. I must say, each individual responds differently. For me, I have had the best lip plumping results... I mean overnight plump results that stuck, when I was taking "Purity's Vital-H.A. Max Formula". The only problem I had from that was the size of the gelcaps. (I have acid-reflux... problem swallowing.) So I stopped using that brand, which is the best I've used so far... I loved the results, and the additional ingredients in it was a wonderful plus which also helped my complexion.

I'm gonna end up reordering this brand and just deal with my swallowing problem because of the benfits. Purity's Vital-H.A. Max Formula has 90 gelcaps for $30.95 at this website:

http://www.houseofnutrition.com/purvitfor90.html?ovchn=FRO&ovcpn=Froogle&ovcrn=Purity

It's more expensive than Source Natural's that I'm currently taking. For some reason I have very minimal lip plumping results with Source Naturals...(my complexion improved, but lips look regular now without lipfusion to help.) I know from reading thoughout this thread that the Source Naturals works for many, plus it's pretty inexpensive compared to some of the other brands with Biocell.

I hope this helps.

Rita
Dorothy

Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie 11381 - I too would like to know what is in the lip enhancer. I have been unable to find any information on Methyl Nicrotinate and I have been all over the internet. I wonder just how safe it is. I got the same results that you did when I applied it. My bottom lip got a little fuller than my upper, which didn't show any change. I hate the white film around my mouth, it does make one look like something out of a horror movie. Does anyone out there know anything about Methyl Nicrotinate. Should we be putting this stuff on our lips, some of which will ultimately end up in our systems.
Dorothy
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I hadn’t thought the HA supplements had done me any good as far as lip plumping. Boy have I changed my tune.

I am getting married in around 3 weeks and I want to look fabulous for my wedding photos. Anyway, I’ve been plagued by vertical lip lines and thin wrinkly lips since I was young and age is depleting them even more. I decided to get a couple of temporary fixes for my special day. One being HA injections into my lips, which I had done yesterday and so far they look marvelous!!!

I’ve been taking pictures for myself at intervals to assess my progress with cosmeceuticals. I took a photo around the 23rd of September after having taking the HA supps for about a month. I didn’t seem to notice that much of a diff. I took a photo last week and of course when I came home yesterday from the derms office to take a photo of my new lips. I ran out of the HA and hadn’t taken it for a few weeks. Well in comparing all my lip photos-gee wiz there actually was a significant difference when I was taking the HA vs when I wasn’t. I immediately ordered the HA fromwww.iherb.com (got free shipping with some other supplements) this morning. Ladies, they do work, even if you don’t think they are Smile at least in my case. Thanks carekate for sharing your wisdom with us .

BTW the injectable I got was Captique and so far so good. I’m going in on Thursday for Cosmoderm in my nasolabial folds-woohoo Very Happy

Anita

Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
hi everyone...i have been reading and became fascinated...i will be sure to run to walgreens as soon as i get of work!!!

i would love to see pictures of before and after i always love looking at those...is there any way i can?

and not to be funny but i read a post saying jokingly about increasing breast size...do you think there is really a pill that can do this?
well i dont have to worry about breast size but i would like to increase my derierre size...ha ha. Laughing ..but seriously...

and carekate..i think that was ur name...i hope to come back in a few days and kiss your feet!!! Wink
nikkid021

Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
so i got Nature's Bounty Hyaluronic Acid 20mg. going to take one soon...was double checking of brands and stuff on here...there was another one that had the hydrolized chicken in it...should i have bought that one?

Fingers crossed.... Shock
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:04 am      Reply with quote
nikkid021 wrote:
so i got Nature's Bounty Hyaluronic Acid 20mg. going to take one soon...was double checking of brands and stuff on here...there was another one that had the hydrolized chicken in it...should i have bought that one?

Fingers crossed.... Shock

After trial and error, we’ve found that the best results come from using a supplement containing both hyaluronic acid (a minimum of 50mg per serving) AND Biocell Type II Collagen. A particular brand recommendation containing these ingredients would be “Source Naturals - Skin Eternal, Hyaluronic Acid” supplements which can be ordered fromwww.iherb.com for a great price.

Take a look on pg12 of this thread, my reply to "ThatGirl" contains some specific info about brands and dosing levels.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:00 am      Reply with quote
A couple of posts up I mentioned that I had re-ordered the HA after realizing it DID help my lips. I received my iherb order of HA yesterday...well, now that I have actual HA inside my lips and yesterday was the first time I took it-woowee!!!! Today they are yummy Very Happy

They had been puffy from the injections last thursday, but then the swollen aspect wore off (which I kindof wish it hadn't). Well now they are swollen like I just got the Captique injections again. Incredible .

I read on another board that people who get Restylane or Captique (HA) sometimes have it disapate rapidly (especially older gals). In younger people it can last months and months, even a year. It was pointed out that a gal who was around my age had the injections and the volume disapated quickly; after having the injections again and taking the HA supps it lasted much longer.

I for one am a FIRM believer Wink

Anita

5% products discount

Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:33 am      Reply with quote
I've been taking the Source Natural 'skin eternal' capsules. I started taking 2 tabs. twice a day with no effects whatsoever. Last night I took 3 before going to bed and took another 3 this morning and I do think my lips are bigger - they feel a little swollen Smile (great!!!!).

Unfortunately living in the UK means major shipping charges Sad - does anybody know the best site for reasonable international shipping charges?

I was also thinking of maybe trying the gel capsules next. Has anyone had any results from these?

Nicole
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:40 am      Reply with quote
ndaist wrote:
I've been taking the Source Natural 'skin eternal' capsules. I started taking 2 tabs. twice a day with no effects whatsoever. Last night I took 3 before going to bed and took another 3 this morning and I do think my lips are bigger - they feel a little swollen Smile (great!!!!).
You hit the nail on the head: for those who think the supplements aren’t working for you, you’re probably not taking a high enough doseage. You need to jump-start the results like Nicole did above, then you ought to be able to cut back to 1 pill twice daily to maintain your plump pout!
ndaist wrote:
...does anybody know the best site for reasonable international shipping charges?
From whom did you order your first batch? I get my Source Naturals fromwww.iherb.com. They give you free shipping in the U.S. for orders over $20 (or is it $25?) and I know they ship internationally, but I’m not certain if the free shipping offer pertains to mailing orders overseas. However, they have EXCELLENT customer service so if you emailed them, they’d be able to tell you.

5% products discount

Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:36 am      Reply with quote
CareKate - you are the Godmother of 'plumped pouts' and if you use Source Naturals then it's good enough for lil ol' me! Smile

Just a thought, I've read in previous threads that you also use LipFusion. Together with the HA supplements do you find that these two combined plump your lips sufficiently or do you still search for the 'holy grail' of lip plumpers? - i.e Swellips, Duwop, Lip Pulse etc.

I think I may get some LipFusion.

I already use your home-made lip scrub - as well as most of your other DIY receipes - you're a legend!!

Nicole
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:37 am      Reply with quote
ndaist wrote:
...you're a legend!!
Only in my own mind! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
ndaist wrote:
Just a thought, I've read in previous threads that you also use LipFusion. Together with the HA supplements do you find that these two combined plump your lips sufficiently or do you still search for the 'holy grail' of lip plumpers? - i.e Swellips, Duwop, Lip Pulse etc.
I’m content to the point with the HA pills and LipFusion that I’m no longer tempted to buy and try every single new topical lip plumper that comes on the market. I’m no longer a compulsive buyer of products that promise to plump my lips. I first check the ingredient list and/or the product’s literature to see what is supposed to make it different from all of the others out there and 99.99% of the time the new products don’t contain anything new or different that causes me to have the “I *must* buy this!” knee-jerk reaction. It seems that every time I’m at Ulta or Sephora the past couple months, they have a new topical lip plumper on display and I’m easily able to turn my back on it without being tempted to try it in the least!

Having said that, I *did* succumb to the lure of a new topical plumper from PSF that Winnie reviewed earlier this week (I think it’s called “Plump & Pout”?) as many of the ingredients were similar to those in the LipFusion formula, although it costs nearly twenty dollars less. I’m hoping to receive it this weekend so hopefully I’ll be able to post my initial reaction to it sometime next week....

Here’s a little anecdote for you: I recently became active in the swapping game over on MUA as a way to get rid of some of my cosmetic and skin/hair care “rejects” without actually have to toss them in the trash (I’m talking about the stuff that I couldn’t be bothered to try and return to the store for a refund).

Anyway, I offered to make Sephora “custom purchases” in return for items on my Swap ‘wish list,’ and invariably someone always wants me to pick her up a tube of the latest lip plumping product du jour and every time I think to myself, “You’re just wasting your money, Fool!!!!” But I bite my tongue and I purchase the tube of Plump-less Gloss and send it to her, along with a few Source Natural pills that I include as a “swap extra,” and I dare her to try them if she *really* wants to plump up her lips. I actually feel a little bit like a drug dealer! Shock You hear stories about dealers getting their customers hooked on coke or crack by giving them the first hit or two for free, then once the person is addicted, that’s when they start charging....

5% products discount

Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:56 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Having said that, I *did* succumb to the lure of a new topical plumper from PSF that Winnie reviewed earlier this week (I think it’s called “Plump & Pout”?) as many of the ingredients were similar to those in the LipFusion formula, although it costs nearly twenty dollars less. I’m hoping to receive it this weekend so hopefully I’ll be able to post my initial reaction to it sometime next week.....

Can't wait for review on it carekate - if it's positive I guess it'll be another thing on my wishlist (oh dear, it's growing by the minute but my purse isn't Crying or Very sad ).

carekate wrote:
Anyway, I offered to make Sephora “custom purchases” in return for items on my Swap ‘wish list,’ and invariably someone always wants me to pick her up a tube of the latest lip plumping product du jour and every time I think to myself, “You’re just wasting your money, Fool!!!!” But I bite my tongue and I purchase the tube of Plump-less Gloss and send it to her, along with a few Source Natural pills that I include as a “swap extra,” and I dare her to try them if she *really* wants to plump up her lips. I actually feel a little bit like a drug dealer! Shock You hear stories about dealers getting their customers hooked on coke or crack by giving them the first hit or two for free, then once the person is addicted, that’s when they start charging....

I think it's great that you started the whole 'HA/lip plump' thing - now you're just spreading the word.....so you get 'em hooked - minor detail Wink

We'll start calling you dealkate Laughing
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Carekate:

Who is this new lip plumper made by and where can you buy it?

Let us know what you think of it!
stella416
5% products discount

Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Carekate,
I already ordered my HA capsules. Wink
I also have lip fusion but, I didn't get the results I hoped Crying or Very sad .
I am wondering what other topical product you think is good to buy. I was looking for the "swellips" in ebay, but I couldn't find it Sad .
Thanks a lot!
Smile
Stella
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |