Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:03 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
...I used the new Revive Lip & Periorial Renewal Cream....
Is that the stuff that costs $120 per tube? I read about it in a wedding/bridal magazine while waiting in a doctor's office a year or so back, and was curious to try it but I wasn't able to find any product reviews or anything, so I was leery of spending that kind of money without knowing anything else about it other than it's recommended for brides to use in the week leading up to their wedding to get their lips in tip-top shape....

5% products discount

Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
carekate- On the NM website the price was $115. I guess they lowered it by a whopping $5 Rolling Eyes

wenrwdy- You said in another thread that you called the Revive associates at NM and they sent you free samples. I live in California- would it matter if I called a store in NY? I remember when I called the NM in Beverly Hills. They were so incredibly rude! I called the one in NY to ask about something and they couldn't have been nicer.
Scottishjuls
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Just managed to order some samples of the Revive from eBay, heres the list of ingredients, hoping it works as I have tried EVERYTHING!!!

cyclomethicone, dimethicone crosspolymer, C12-13 alkyl ethylhexannate, bix-diglyceryl polyacyladipate 2, polyethylene, nylon 12, microcrystalline wax, Di-C12-15 aykyl pomerate, recombinage, passiflora incarnata fruit extract, boron nitride, flavor
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
There isn’t a Neiman’s store here, the closest would be San Antonio, Dallas or Houston and while I’d *love* to try this Revive lip stuff, I don’t want it badly enough to take a 90-mile or more car trip OR to spend over a hundred bucks without getting to try it out first!

Hmmm, I wonder if they sell samples of on Ebay...?

P.S. Thanks for the ingredient list - SJ!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered mines from Ebay.co.uk - 4 samples for £6.99 and the seller posts worldwide... Maybe you could order from her to try them out?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
There isn’t a Neiman’s store here, the closest would be San Antonio, Dallas or Houston and while I’d *love* to try this Revive lip stuff, I don’t want it badly enough to take a 90-mile or more car trip OR to spend over a hundred bucks without getting to try it out first!

Hmmm, I wonder if they sell samples of on Ebay...?

P.S. Thanks for the ingredient list - SJ!

Well, I actually don't live anywhere near a Niemans and I'm in the Dallas area, but if I ever get near one, I'll try to pick up a few samples and send them to you. However, from reading the reviews on MUA, this doesn't really sound all that great, especially for $115!!! Shock

I'm off to order my Skinceuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair now....can't wait!!!
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Posted this in the wrong thread first... I'm pasting it here now...
~~~~~~

Hi **waving to everyone** I've been lurking for a while now and finally registered so I can participate.. I've learned SO MUCH from y'all, thank you! I know I'll keep learning...

I'm taking the HA/Biocell Collegen II now, started 4 days ago. Prevously I had been using Hollowood RX {4 or 5 months}.. It did work, and didn't de-plump... But then I ran into some bad business practice's by them and cancelled.. After about 2 or 3 weeks I didn't lose much plump, which was nice.. I've been on the HA caps, Jarrow brand, 4 days now. I did a print test on paper Sunday when I started, and was going to wait a week, till this coming Sunday to do anotehr, but I couldn't wait...LOL I tried my best to use the same pressure as the first time.. Without benefit of a way to measure at this moment, I can say just by looking, they have plumped some.. Now I never did this with the Hollywood RX, but knew by looking they had plumped.. So if I lost any plump, when I was using nothing, it's back.. I'll keep taking lip prints to see when I level out..

I'm not however, noticing anymore moisture in my lips.. They are still as dry as ever... Could this be due to where I live? Colorado is a pretty dry climate {semi arid} and it is winter so it's even more dry with the heat on.. I don't know.. Thought's on that, anyone?

I really want to try the Lip Fusion, have for a long time now.. And of course reading the reviews on the XL, want that too...LOL I saw at ULTA yesterday they have the LF.. It was on the check out counter.. Don't know if it will be a permanent carry or not, but I'd guess yes...

And now I guess I need to cantact a MN...LOL

Sorry this was so long.., I just get excited about all this stuff...LOL
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
No you guys, you can call any NM and they will send them to you. I called one and they did not have the serum I wanted, but seh was sending me other stuff. And I called another one out of area and they were happy to send the serum. No charge at all. Nothing to lose guys. And they were VERY generous with the Lip and Perioral renewal cream.

Just try it! Don't BUY samples from Ebay until you use up your free samples. But I am loving this stuff so much that I WOULD buy it if I couldn't find it on Ebay. AND the SA were so nice you really wnat to buy from them. Oh, and they don't work from commision so no pressure. They just want you to be happy.

Dr. Brown will be making rounds to dif NM all over the country. Be sure to ask when for your nearest store. One woman who met him at an even said he just recommended a couple of things for her, he did not push the whole line. It is not about the bottom line with them. I can't say enough nice things about the Reps.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
What would you recommend me to ask for when I call for samples?

Do they have a limit as to how many things you can try???

Thanks!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention, if you get a sample of the Volumizing serum, use a tiny bit of that on your lips as well. When I started doing that, it made a real dif with plumpness. Everything works even better now. So for my lips, I take the HA sup, the serum, the REvive lip cream and right before bed, the Lipfusion XL. My lips look as good as wehen I paid to have Restylane injected in them. I just had a little to give back the youthful look I once had, but this combo is doing the exact same thing for me.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kiki,
I must have been writing when you posted sorry it took so long.

Just tell them you'd like to try the program and see how it can benefit you the most. Tell them your skin type, your concerns and if you use Retin A. that is important. Ask if you can have a couple of weeks (or 3) worth of product so you can really see the effects. I was fortunate enough to have someone who really wanted me to see the effects of this line so I got 3 or 4 weeks worth. And I bought the .20 size serum on Ebay. I'm set for awhile and should see results -I have already. Hey word of mouth is everything for them so sharing my exp with it is only helping them.

Good luck and let us know how you do.
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I just picked up the Spring Valley supplements from Walmart (the Derma Beauty at GNC for $54 is a bit steep) and I have started to break out. Anyone else have this problem?

I am only on day two and I haven't noticed any lip plumping yet. The only things I've changed is add Tea Tree oil to my Almond butter and the supplements. I don't think the TTO is too blame since it is recommended for acne. This sucks! I hate break outs! Any advice would be great. Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you wenrwdy, I appreciate you answering.. I'll call soon...
bongo's_mom
5% products discount

Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I've been using 'source natural eternal skin with hydraulic acid' for two weeks and see no results. I take 2 tablets in am and 2 in the pm. Sad
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so I FINALLY jumped on this bandwagon Exclamation

Yes I want fuller/poutier lips but also....my knees are so achy I thought what the heck, maybe kill two birds with one stone Exclamation So off I went to my local "health food store" and bought the Source Naturals Hyaluronic Acid supplements(supposed to be good for joints too). Mine are not the "Skin Eternal", but 2 tabs do have 100mg HA and 1g of BioCell II. Tonight is the 3rd night ingesting and so far only a very slight improvement. I'm hoping my achy knees will feel better soon Smile Oh, I splurged and got LipFusion (regular version) as well...whoa it's numbing Embarassed Not sure if this is a keeper, but then again I have nothing to compare it to being that I have never used a lip plumper before. Time will tell. Thanks ladies and gents for all of your feedback Exclamation Happy Lip Plumping to all Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
Hi Kiki,
I must have been writing when you posted sorry it took so long.

Just tell them you'd like to try the program and see how it can benefit you the most. Tell them your skin type, your concerns and if you use Retin A. that is important. Ask if you can have a couple of weeks (or 3) worth of product so you can really see the effects. I was fortunate enough to have someone who really wanted me to see the effects of this line so I got 3 or 4 weeks worth. And I bought the .20 size serum on Ebay. I'm set for awhile and should see results -I have already. Hey word of mouth is everything for them so sharing my exp with it is only helping them.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

can you tell me what line I am inquiring about?? sorry, but so many products have been talked about that I tend to get confused! LOL!
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
canadagal, that would be Revive..

I did go to my NM and got samples.. The girl who has the knowledge in that product wasn't there, but another girl gave me several samples plus an info guide.. She didn't ask any questons, but I spose that's because it wasn't her area.. I didn't get any of the volumizing serum tho Sad I think I may try to get back down to the store when the girl who knows the product is there... I haven't tried them yet... Haven't sat down to read the material, and I'd rather be able to talk to someone who really knows and can answer any and all of my questions...
meganicole

Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
ok ive been wanting big lips for as long as i can remember, i would of already gotten surgury if i knewww it would look natural haha, so just like all of you i have tried everything, about three days ago i bought some of these "magic" ha pills and i just wanna see if i am doing it right and got the right ones b/c (and i know its only been 3 days, im trying to be patient) i havnt noticed a difference yet. i got the 'purity's ultimate H.A. formula' from GNC

ingredients-
vitamin c 120g
magnesium 10mg
biocell collogen II 1500mg
hydrolyzed collagen type II 1050mg
chondrotin sulfate 300mg
hydrolic acid 150mg
calcium magnesium inositol hexapholate 75mg
quercetin dihydrate 150mg

serving size is 3 caps

i take three during the day, three at night b/c it said to double serving size for the first month.....do i need to just be patient and wait or am i doing something wrong?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Kiki, don't wait until you go down there. Call and talk to someone. You can do it over the phone and they will mail you samples. You don't even have to pay for postage. And if one store does not have the serum, call another. the serum is part of a trio sample pack. The ReVive Creme Lustre, the Serum and the Les Yuex for under eye circles. Then make sure you get the Eye Renewal. If you are using Retin A, get the Senstiff Cellular Repair. And of course The Lip $ Perioral Renewal. That has really taken care of my vert lines above my lips, REALLY. Botox or Restylane didn't even take care of that.

HTHs
CarlaH

Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies, I am new here and just read all 20 pages and WOW the information is outstanding!! tytytyty

I too have been looking for plumped lips, and a friend of mine and I had started testing a few, here's what we found so far....

1) Dr Denise's Mega Lips
results: for both my friend and I we got that nice color affect, she seemed to notice more of a slight plumping affect, I however did not.

2) Plump Your Pucker the Balm
results: very nice lip gloss, no plumping noticed, but hydrates well and stays on for a good while.

3)Hydroderm Instant Lip enhancer
results: Within a minute I felt my lip actually swell, it was minimal but noticable, my friend didn't notice a plump on her lips. The product was like a watery oil and smelled similar to a oil to me, not really a bad smell though. However we both had redness appear above and below our lips, like a heavy kissing session lol.....for me the redness isn't worth the plump.

Next we will try the HA tabs and the Swelllips on ebay. BTW did any of you notice that in swelllips there's an ingrediant she says inlarged her boobs? WOW at a 34b I'm off to find this miracle stuff she calls Fenugreek.

Best of luck to you all, and I'll keep you posted on our results .

CarlaH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi to everyone. I'm new here. I have been trying the HA pills and found that they made my lips slightly more "pillowy" in feel, which I like. These and my Skinceuticals Lip Repair keep my lips in nice condition. I have found that the Lip Repair is so far the only lip product that doesn't dry out my lips. I recommend it over typical lip balms and chapsticks, which for some reason suck the moisture right out of mine, without the lip repair first.
pnw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 04, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
deane123,

I have very sensitive and acne prone skin and tea tree oil definitely makes me break out. In fact many essential oils that say they are good for acne will aggravate mine instead. So it is possible....
Lori Kay

Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All, I am a new member, after reading ALL the things everyone had to say about HA tabs. I had to try them, after being referred, of course (thnx, Carekate) The only ones I could find were the Spring Valley brand, will I need to 'double-up' on these for the first couple of days like some of the other brands?

I am a clean-slate, I haven't tried ANY plumping products. I measured my lips on paper, poor me, both lips together measure out a whopping 5/8 of an inch Crying or Very sad so as you can see......I'M DESPERATE!
Lori Kay

Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Smile [quote="CarlaH"]

Next we will try the HA tabs and the Swelllips on ebay. BTW did any of you notice that in swelllips there's an ingrediant she says inlarged her boobs? WOW at a 34b I'm off to find this miracle stuff she calls Fenugreek.

Carla, If you haven't tried the 'Fenugreek' yet, let me warn you...I breastfed my son and my milk started to go away...Well, My Dr. told me to use this to bring back my milk, that's all it does, she told me that some women even used it to create milk so they could feed their adopted baby. not only that the stuff REEKS of maple syrup....and so will you, I did!
I still have a full bottle cause I couldn't handle it anymore, my breath, sweat, urine, everything....I smelled like the 'Queen of Pancakes' LOL Very Happy
ErinChristine
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
deanne-
Tea Tree Oil breaks me out! It's weird b/c it can be used to treat acne. Maybe it is the cause of your breakout.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |