Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
vegas gal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Oooo I can't wait to try this. Thanks for all of you who reported back .
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
That's a good idea about all of us posting pix of our pusses!
Carrie

you WHAT!!! Shock Shock Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Uh-oh - is this another one of those Brit vs. American English things?? "Pusses" is sometimes used as a synonym for mouth. Not to be mistaken for "pussies" (see also: *unt and tw*t)....
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,

I went out to a few walgreens and finally found one with 20mg HA. IT DOES WORK !!!! My neck pain is almost gone too. I just order the HA MAX from Biocell, which has 150mg of HA in it, can't wait for it to arrive, and I will force my mom to use it too. This is the 3rd day, 80mg per day, my lips look really swollen, haha, the best part is they are less dry, I don't need to keep re-applying my balm, thank god and all of you !!

Diderot

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi

can anyone let me know where i can purchase collagen tablets with HA in as i can only find these two ingredients in two separate tablets - the collagen cost £19.99 and the HA tablets cost £9.99 - a little tad expensive plus i only want to take the one tablet. also what mg should i be taking of each?

thanks

Sally

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sally,

The Vitamin Shoppe has great prices. Here is a link that will give you several choices. I take 20 mgs. 2x's a day.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/query.jhtml?q=Hyaluronic+Acid+&intsource=main&x=15&y=17
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
hi, I was just wondering if you can be too young to use ha supplements. COuld your skin become dependant on the supplements and then stop producing as much on your own? I heard that this can happen with some things. I would like to try this, but I'm only 28. I wouldn't want to end up decreasing what I already have when I stopped using them Confused
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:09 am      Reply with quote
That's a good point! Unfortunately, I'm not qualified to answer it...I bet our resident nutritional supplement expert, Judy Marshall, could address the matter -- but I'm not sure when she will return from her cruise/vacation. Just for the record, I'm "only" 36 myself, so maybe I should be concerned about this too. But until someone can definitively tell me whether or not my body could become dependent upon the HA/collagen (yes, I finally got the "super mix" that Judy describes somewhere above), I'll continue taking them simply because I adore the result: a super-plumped pout!!
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Well it's good to hear that your plumped lips are still plump. It sounds like the effect is not temporary while getting used to the supplement. How long have you been taking them. Have your lips remained full the whole time, or have they fluctuated? Are they full all day. Right now, naturally my lips are full in the mornings and tend to deflate throu out the day. It would be great if these supplements could make them full all day Very Happy
I just might have to try it. Do you find that with collagen in the mix, it is better?
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:04 am      Reply with quote
for you ladies that this is working for, could you tell me what brand you are using? I bought some and am not getting noticeable results, but it could be the brand. I know that supplent quality can really vary.
thanks a bunch!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I can’t remember which brand I’m using – I’ll have to check when I get home and get back to you. I do know that they are 30 mg each and I’m taking one twice daily. Something else to keep in mind: Winnie didn’t start seeing any results until she upped her dosage from 20 mg per day to 40 mg per day. My personal recommendation is at least 50 mg per day, but that’s just me....
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
Hi All,

I went out to a few walgreens and finally found one with 20mg HA. IT DOES WORK !!!! My neck pain is almost gone too. I just order the HA MAX from Biocell, which has 150mg of HA in it, can't wait for it to arrive, and I will force my mom to use it too. This is the 3rd day, 80mg per day, my lips look really swollen, haha, the best part is they are less dry, I don't need to keep re-applying my balm, thank god and all of you !!

Diderot

I had the same experience with my chronically dry lips! I had been using lip balm 4 or 5 times a day and now only use it occasionally.

I used Vitamin Research Products Collagen Type II. One capsule contains 500 mg of Biocell Collagen II, (hydrolized chicken collagen type II) providing Chrondroitin Sulfate 100 mg and Hyaluronic Acid 50 mg. I used two capsules twice daily and that provided next day results.

I've now cut back to one capsule twice daily to see what happens with that.

My business partner tried the same capsules and noticed an immediate effect, but also tested not using it to see how quickly the effect subsides and said that it subsides within a few days. Sad

We do have a chemist that we are talking to about this and I'll see if someone can give us an opinion on whether the skin could become dependent on this type of supplement

My guess is that while you are taking it, you skin will look better than ever, but when you stop, you will simply go back to where you were before taking the supplement.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
Hi All,

Diderot

I had the same experience with my chronically dry lips! I had been using lip balm 4 or 5 times a day and now only use it occasionally.

I used Vitamin Research Products Collagen Type II. One capsule contains 500 mg of Biocell Collagen II, (hydrolized chicken collagen type II) providing Chrondroitin Sulfate 100 mg and Hyaluronic Acid 50 mg. I used two capsules twice daily and that provided next day results.

I've now cut back to one capsule twice daily to see what happens with that.

My business partner tried the same capsules and noticed an immediate effect, but also tested not using it to see how quickly the effect subsides and said that it subsides within a few days. Sad

We do have a chemist that we are talking to about this and I'll see if someone can give us an opinion on whether the skin could become dependent on this type of supplement

My guess is that while you are taking it, you skin will look better than ever, but when you stop, you will simply go back to where you were before taking the supplement.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I still think my lips are fuller from the Hyloronic Acid Caps. I also find that they are no longer dry.

What I am thrilled about most is that when I take them my ankle feels much better. As some of you know I had a fracture this past summer and it has not been right since. The caps. I am taking are injur 70 mgs. I take them 2x's a day. When I starting the HA I was taking 20mgs (that did nothing). I increased it to 40 mgs. 2 x's a day. I take the 70 mgs now mainly for my ankle.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
thnk you all for responding. I am still curious as to what carakete and diderot are taking,( Brand). Winnie, is that the source naturals injuv you are taking? Theirs is 70 mg but only something like 12 mg is ha in that supplement. i was reading up a bit on ha, and some sites say that only the smaller molecular weight ha works. I don't know if that is true or not. Injuv is one of those, I am not sure about the others mentioned. Also, Judy's partner's experience sounds about right. A study showed that Ha has a half life of one day, so it needs to be continually replenished. Have any of you noticed a difference in the plumpness of your skin, fine lines etc.? It really sounds like it is working on lips. I will have to try a different brand, I don't think that mine is working. First I think I will try upping the dose. Very Happy
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I didn't know that you could take HA in pill/gel form!! It seems like I take a gazillion things in the am, pm so one more couldn't hurt because it sounds like it would be a good thing Confused ? Do you still put serum (HA) on, too? Also, MSM. Is it true we should take that, too? I would also like to try the aloe vera juice but I'm afraid it will taste yucky Crying or Very sad . I take Jean Carper's Anti ageingAcetyl L-Carnitine (250mg 1X per day) & Brain Energizer (look out Mensa) 2X per day & it has R-Alpha Lipoic Acid 200mg, Curcumin C3 Complex 200mg, Phosphatidylserine 150 mg, Co-enzyme Q10 100 mg, Optiberry 30mg & Vinpocetine 10mg - I hope the spelling is right, I did this all from memory. Just kidding. Any thoughts, Judy, Winnie? I know that this is a part Skin Forum & Lounge Forum question too -sorry - but I'm still on my mission to feel & look my very best, so I'm following this thread. Cool
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I do still use my Esthers Secret serum with HA and was taking two capsules two times a day. Am trying 1 capsule three times a day now to see if there is any difference. So far, fulllness and lack of dry lips seems the same.

Some aloe vera juice is yucky, but the one I take has herbal tea and papaya gel and juice for flavor. Most people say it's the best tasting aloe they've tried.

I have not noticed a substantial difference in my skin since taking the capsules with HA yet. I would expect that you see the effect on the lips more quickly because they are made mainly of collagen and it helps that. I would guess that since HA dissipates, that taking the supplement would simply keep your reserve supply up and your skin would be functioning better and better. It's hard for me to see a big difference in my skin since I'm using so many good products and I think for my age, my skin is great because of all the great products.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought some HA and collagen supplements yesterday and each pill has 40 mg HA and I'm no sure how much collagen. The directions say to take 1 pill 3 times/day. Besides my dry lips and skinny upper lip, I am taking this hoping it will help my arthritis in my hands which has recently started bothering me quite a bit. Sad I finished off 2 months worth of glucosimine condroitin and it did nothing for my hands so I'm hoping this new stuff helps all over. Pray Pray

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:05 am      Reply with quote
I am another person this worked for. I could feel my lips being pillowy-er, and I finally found a restroom, and yes, they were. I don't know that anyone else would notice great growth, but they do feel and look different.

I took 140 mg. Which I got at my health food store. I got the top mgs, because I didn't expect it to work, and I didn't want the option of saying "Well, I just didn't use enough mgs." Now, after looking at vitamin shoppe, I overpaid. Sigh. Big suprise, huh?

The expense is... considerable. But I have felt a difference for a couple of days. Nothing to call the media about, but I got several compliments on how pretty I looked. And I felt that way. :->

Sidda
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:37 am      Reply with quote
that's great sidda! I am compiling a list of the brands that worked for people, Do you mind sharing which brand you took Very Happy
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I bought LifeTime (which I've never heard of before) 140 mg. Pure Hyaluronic, no collagen.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I finally remembered to take a look at the brand info on my HA capsules...I’ve been taking Nature’s Bounty Hyaluronic Acid capsules with 30 mg (one capsule twice daily), but I just started taking a supplement from Spring Valley called “Glucosamine and Collagen with Chondrotin and Hyaluronic Acid” (please excuse any misspellings!), since our lips are comprised only of HA and collagen. I figured maybe my lips would get even more pillowy iffen I take a supplement with both!! I really haven’t been taking it long enough yet to notice any further effect (I only got it yesterday!!). BTW, I can’t really say whether or not the HA is going to help plump up the lines on your face because I really don’t have any to begin with – I’ve been “blessed” with the oiliest skin you can possibly imagine...I never would have thought it would have any beneficial side effects, but I guess no wrinkles could be considered a blessing!!

Carrie

P.S. Here’s the breakdown of ingredients in the Spring Valley supplement:
• 500 mg Glucosamine
• 500 mg Collagen Type II
• 100 mg Chondrotin
• 40 mg Hyaluronic Acid
DeeDee99
5% products discount

Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Argghh!!! I'm going nuts trying to find this stuff here, but have had no luck. Has anyone had any luck in Canada in terms of what national chains might carry these supplements?
I've tried a couple but haven't found anything even close -- I asked the pharmacist in my local Shopper's Drug Mart if she had supplements containing these ingredients, and she looked at me like I had three heads....when I told her it was to make my lips bigger, she looked at me like I had even more heads!
Oh, well, it was funny....but ultimately frustrating. Will keep trying, though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I live on the west coast of Canada and got mine at the Vitamin Shoppe (although the other health food store here carries them too). Try a health food store and you might have better luck. I've been taking the Organika brand capsules. They each have 45mg hyaluronic acid in a base of 300mg collegen. They also had an Albi brand that was much more expensive. It was the patented bio cell process or something. I might try that one next time.

I don't think people in the stores know they can plump up the lips. I think they are mostly marketed for helping joints and skin.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
DeeDee99 wrote:
Argghh!!! I'm going nuts trying to find this stuff here, but have had no luck. Has anyone had any luck in Canada in terms of what national chains might carry these supplements?
I've tried a couple but haven't found anything even close -- I asked the pharmacist in my local Shopper's Drug Mart if she had supplements containing these ingredients, and she looked at me like I had three heads....when I told her it was to make my lips bigger, she looked at me like I had even more heads!
Oh, well, it was funny....but ultimately frustrating. Will keep trying, though.

I have been getting HA capsules on line at the Vitamin Shoppe. I find their prices excellent compared to the health food stores locally. You can also get them from Amazon.com. I have an Amazon.com Visa so I get free shopping from that site when I get my points. Hope this helps.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |